PDA

View Full Version : Katiepie donation thread (a Kiwi Biker whip round)

Reckless
23rd March 2011, 14:43
EDIT: Katiepie donation thread (a Kiwi Biker/Facebook and Friends whip round)

Ok so there have been some calls for an account to donate some funds into for our Katiepie!

I feel the need (if you don't know her to well) to tell you a little about how deserving this is.
Now my delema is how much to tell and not to tell? So I decided only to post what can be found in the open either here or on Facebook!

Firstly
This is not a situation you would be giving to a rich person, she's not in such a good financial position to withstand this latest test in her life. So your monetary gifts will be going to help her out, for her rehabilitation, in a horrible crash situation we could all face.

Secondly
Katie-pie is one of the most open hearted and kindest people you could ever meet. Always thinking of others, never a bad word about anyone! She is highly principled and honest def not a person that rides anything but her bike as much as there's quite few guys that fancied the chance LOL!!
I hated her open door policy (didn't think she kept herself safe enough) but that was Katie!! Strong willed and always a friend to every biker who wanted a riding buddy or place to crash! Always bubbly, always giving of her time and good grace! Defiantly a good loyal friend to those that needed one!

I'm pretty sure you can form an opinion (or already have) from her posts on Kiwibiker!!

The cause is just and the funds will be appreciated and hopefully embarrassingly accepted!
Believe me as independent and self reliant as Katie is, this is probably the only way she'd ever except any sort of charity!

Now Katie is really going to get to annoyed with me for posting Pics!! But they already are national news so what the hell! LOL!!

Katiepie! As bright as ever!

OH and still lookin as bright as ever!!

OK Payment details here, same as the Dirt Division T'shirts Account a lot of you paid into!
There's a hundy already in there so it can stay. She'd never accept if you tried to give it to her personally so C'm on now crew lets help one of our own!!

Payment to:
Account # 06-0222-0102483-01
RBL Racing
National Bank- Howick - Auckland

I'll keep a tally of the donations here or if you want to post feel free to give details in the thread, remain anonymous by all means, if you have a whip round over a beer and want a mention hereunder drop me a PM and I'll add you to the list of companies or groups that have chipped in!
Post if you do to keep this thread hot for Katiepie!!

Collection Tally $740

Donation acknowledgments:
More to come

Reckless
23rd March 2011, 15:25
Right we have our first pledge (via PM) and deposited thanks very much Anonymous!

Very generous! Much appreciated!!

Number One
23rd March 2011, 16:30
Fab idea! Don't have much to give but doing something for this sweet sweet lady is a very good use of my 'not smoking anymore' savings so far!

MIXONE
23rd March 2011, 16:49
Saw her pic in today's paper and wondered if she is a KBer.How bad is the bike?

Reckless
23rd March 2011, 16:56
Fab idea! Don't have much to give but doing something for this sweet sweet lady is a very good use of my 'not smoking anymore' savings so far!

One persons $20 is anothers $500! Depends on your income I suppose but it all means the same in the end! Something good we can do for another!

BTW thanks!!

Number One
23rd March 2011, 17:01
One persons $20 is anothers $500! Depends on your income I suppose but it all means the same in the end!

Darn tooting AND it all adds up too!

ducatigirl
23rd March 2011, 17:43
Saw her pic in today's paper and wondered if she is a KBer.How bad is the bike?

Update on the bike funny guy and thanks for your concern - Bike is totally fucked :angry:

Katiepie is KB and a total push over. Check Katiepie

FJRider
23rd March 2011, 19:04
A little more assistance transferred ... :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

Quasi
23rd March 2011, 19:41
Thanks for getting this going Rick. I have just put some money in the account. And you opening words were thoughtful and tactful and totally appropriate

Wannabiker
23rd March 2011, 19:54
lil bit more added...

ducatigirl
23rd March 2011, 19:58
Kitty should start filling up now Rick. Good thinking nintynine.:woohoo: Lets hope we can make this work for her and our fellow bikers are willing to support her in this difficult time. She will never ever see this one coming...:shit: No way ..!:eek:

Quasi
23rd March 2011, 20:11
Hey all - just need to point out that I did ask KatiePie about this today and she not keen on the idea. Said she would get by.
BUT - we have made a universal decision to overlook that and go ahead with the help fund. She can choose what she wants to do with it at the end of the day - use it to cover some of her costs, donate it to a deserving cause, what ever (tho in my mind she is a VERY deserving cause).
KP is a person who gives so much to so many people, now its our turn to give a little to her.
Thanks KB'ers

Bald Eagle
23rd March 2011, 20:19
Hey all - just need to point out that I did ask KatiePie about this today and she not keen on the idea. Said she would get by.
BUT - we have made a universal decision to overlook that and go ahead with the help fund. She can choose what she wants to do with it at the end of the day - use it to cover some of her costs, donate it to a deserving cause, what ever (tho in my mind she is a VERY deserving cause).
KP is a person who gives so much to so many people, now its our turn to give a little to her.
Thanks KB'ers

Great work Carla, nice to know she has good friends around, will fling some $$ in on payday and like you say she can chose what to do with it.

Thinking seriously about something for the EMS/Fireies/Westpac crews they are great people. I think there's a ride in the offing.

Give this to Katiepie next time you see her :grouphug::grouphug:

ducatigirl
23rd March 2011, 20:36
Thanks KB'ers

A shame Katie was notified so quickly about this. It would have been a nice surprise for her if she didn't see it coming and it was just presented to her later on. Offcourse she will say she'll get by, she doesn't want any fuss. But hey, that's what happens when you put stuff like that into cyber space... Regardless, we'll just press on huh?:yes:

Gareth51
23rd March 2011, 20:40
Thanks KB'ers

There aren't words to describe our Katiepie,so generous in so many ways,therefore donation coming... like it or not Katie.

Cloggy
23rd March 2011, 20:43
Donation made to a very good cause. Most excellent idea. :2thumbsup

Reckless
23rd March 2011, 20:54
Said she would get by.

Ain't that typical Katiepie only makes me want to give a bit more.
Some things you don't get to choose! Like when you crash or how your friends decide to be there for you!
There's even a donation coming from Aussy! Good shit aye!!

Thinking seriously about something for the EMS/Fireies/Westpac crews they are great people.

From reading Facebook Mr Eagle I think there has been a gift basket organised and the wellington crew have some other stuff sussed out! Good on them! A+++
This little excercise is for our Katie!

sels1
24th March 2011, 07:44
There aren't words to describe our Katiepie,so generous in so many ways,therefore donation coming... like it or not Katie.

Yep, I'll second that :)

Reckless
24th March 2011, 09:38
right all you hubcap stealer's time to pat yourselves on the back!!!

We have a new total with a lot of the donations so that's bloody awesome guys an girls!
Just like to repeat what I posted earlier

One persons $20 is anothers $500! Depends on your income I suppose but it all means the same in the end! Something good we can do for another!

any amount donated is just awesome! Keep it coming! :woohoo: :yes:

Quasi
24th March 2011, 10:16
Well done all you KB'ers. You're not half bad for such a rough and ready lot:sunny::love:

Maha
24th March 2011, 10:56
Someone maybe able to answer this...
Katie will be covered by ACC.
Years ago, I had ACC cover for an injury and was off work for a while.
I received the 80% ACC cover for my time off work.
When they (ACC) found out I had received money from another source, they wanted their money back..
Will a very public collection put in jeopardy any ACC cover that Katie will receive?

Quasi
24th March 2011, 11:19
thats a valid point maha and we have wondered about this. There a re some thoughts on this
A - do ACC even need to know. If katie has been given a cash gift from friends, how do they know
B - could it be regarded as a "loan"

What type payment was the other source money you got (without appearing to nosey) - if it was income form another source, then yes - that def going to affect what ACC give you

i know there will be someone here who can give us an answer.

Toaster
24th March 2011, 11:29
When they (ACC) found out I had received money from another source, they wanted their money back..
Will a very public collection put in jeopardy any ACC cover that Katie will receive?

This is exactly correct. As much as it is well meaning, it can become in the end quite a thorn for her to sort out with ACC - and being the good honest person she is she would oblige and declare the funds.

cowboyz
24th March 2011, 11:31
it really needs to be stressed to Katie that this is something that people WANT for her. I have spoken to her a couple of times and she WILL give this money to something that she seems more worthy (which in her mind will be anything). Its not right that she passes it on and needs to know that she is a very caring person that people WANT to do this for.. say thankyou and use the money to benefit a tough situation.

Quasi
24th March 2011, 11:46
guess we can also handle this so that katie doesnt even have to go near the money - eg. Use the funds to buy her new gear etc.

IdunBrokdItAgin
24th March 2011, 11:48
Knowing Katie she''ll more than likely just donate it to lifeflight/ st johns or the like.

Either way, happy to donate.

Bald Eagle
24th March 2011, 11:54
guess we can also handle this so that katie doesnt even have to go near the money - eg. Use the funds to buy her new gear etc.

That's brilliant - ( run out of bling.)

Crasherfromwayback
24th March 2011, 12:36
This is exactly correct. As much as it is well meaning, it can become in the end quite a thorn for her to sort out with ACC - and being the good honest person she is she would oblige and declare the funds.

I'm not sure a monetary gift comes under earnings though. Either way, I'm in!

ecko_nzed
24th March 2011, 12:38
So how about we lease her some stuff at a fair and reasonable rate of say $0 per month. Keep the bean counters at ACC happy?

Who's looking after her pets? I don't live far from Katie, so would be happy to feed/walk them? could start by feeding them our cat :D

Quasi
24th March 2011, 12:46
Hey Ecko - pets all sorted , but thanks for the kind offer. KB'ers have been awesome with all the help. Katie gonna need everything and anything we can do for her when she gets back to her home.
Q

Reckless
24th March 2011, 13:02
it really needs to be stressed to Katie that this is something that people WANT for her. I have spoken to her a couple of times and she WILL give this money to something that she seems more worthy (which in her mind will be anything). Its not right that she passes it on and needs to know that she is a very caring person that people WANT to do this for.. say thankyou and use the money to benefit a tough situation.

Amen Brother ! You got that 100% correct!!
That girl will give this way and then struggle from week to week!
At this time she doesn't have a clue what may or may not be in her future!
I dunno but no need to panic we shall find a way!!

Every damn Pm and every post I have read people simply haven't given their money for it to go to any other situation than what they gave for! Hers!!

Jeepers I sense I'm in the dog box!! ah well I'm a tough biker ain't I??? :facepalm:

HenryDorsetCase
24th March 2011, 13:11

Its not income, its a birthday/late Christmas/Easter/Flying Spaghetti Monster day present.

EJK
24th March 2011, 13:32
Trust me I ain't got much but I will spare my part.

Fatt Max
24th March 2011, 13:49
That's brilliant - ( run out of bling.)

+1, get her something from the KB'rs then ther is no money to worry about. I mean, all we are trying to do is help a fellow biker out. Tally up the dosh and spend it on something nice for her or convert it into vouchers of something....

Like this arrangment of flours.....235165

HenryDorsetCase
24th March 2011, 14:10
+1, get her something from the KB'rs then ther is no money to worry about. I mean, all we are trying to do is help a fellow biker out. Tally up the dosh and spend it on something nice for her or convert it into vouchers of something....

Like this arrangment of flours.....235165

inference being different types of pastry > becomes different types of pies?

mmmmmm pies

:homerdrool:

Reckless
24th March 2011, 14:20

Just wanted to clear this up so it didn't effect anyone's Donation!!

I spoke to Wanita from ACC (after a 26min wait pic attached), today @ 2.26pm
She was very helpful and even went away to check with her boss about this situation.

There is no need to declare this money to ACC.
1/- Its a gift
2/- Non taxable payment
3/- Non taxable earnings

So that's clears that up and lets not put anymore doubt on the security on these funds for her! End of subject. Good to get it sorted :yes:

We would never have let the system get hold of it anyway!!
Even if it meant buying 20 years supply of Tampax!! haha :facepalm:

Now I gotta just deal with her!! She ain't given shit away!
She don't realise yet she's just come up against the most stubborn, meanest, ugliest, biker bastard she's ever had the misfortune to hang out with!! :rockon:

Maha
24th March 2011, 14:23
Good to see you made the effort and called to clarify Rick.

Fatt Max
24th March 2011, 14:28
Even if it meant buying 20 years supply of Tampax!! haha

.....and for all the good they done you might as well shove 'em up yer clam....

Nice one Rick for getting the SP on that. You really are a sexy fucker, eh....

Reckless
24th March 2011, 14:35
.You really are a sexy fucker, eh....

Yeh right!! Only to you honey :love: but your married :crybaby:
Don't see me having to top up my phone because the chicks are txting to much!!LOL!!!
Ah well! Lifes journey will turn something up! :scooter: just following the front wheel as we say!! LOL!!! :corn:

Crasherfromwayback
24th March 2011, 14:41
Ah well! Lifes journey will turn something up! :scooter: just following the front wheel as we say!! LOL!!! :corn:

Stop riding KTM dirtbikes if you're hoping to get a new bit of brush. They don't like Orange.

boman
24th March 2011, 14:44
Count me in too. Money on it's way.

Reckless
24th March 2011, 14:59
Stop riding KTM dirtbikes if you're hoping to get a new bit of brush. They don't like Orange.

Haha Already got a Suzuki, a Honda and a vintage Kawasaki! and the 2 Ktm's
'So where's my flipping Herum then!!!
Oh I suppose you sell Yamaha aye!!!! Bloody bike salesmen! Always something you need!! LOL!! :scooter:

Nuff of that off topic back to Katiepie!!!

Thanks Boman and the others who hav committed!
Even getting a hundy from some kind soul in the South Island! Bloody kind of you good sir!!!

Crasherfromwayback
24th March 2011, 15:01
Thanks Bowman and the others who hav committed!
Even getting a hundy from some kind soul in the South Island! Bloody kind of you good sir!!!

Top Show people

The Everlasting
24th March 2011, 15:34
Just made a donation.

I hope she gets better real soon!!

Pieyed
24th March 2011, 16:08
Saw her today. She was really tired and I am thinking might be a good idea to coordinate a regular shift to see her so she is not overwhelmed. Could be arranged if people agree to wait at the desk on the hour, see whos there and work it out. I know she needs her sleep so maybe every even hour during the day, to visit about half an hour until she feels strong enough to cope with all her fans!

Quasi
24th March 2011, 16:12
Very sensible and i discussed this with her mum this afternoon. Apparently the constant stream of visitors has also been a problem for other patients as well:blink:
Katie is a popular lass and short sweet visits, and sticking to the official visitng hours would be a great help. Her body has so much mending to do.

On a brighter note - they got katie up and sitting on the edge of the bed today and also started some very light physio. Its all great news aint it:yes:

Cloggy
24th March 2011, 16:20
Very good news Quasi.
Any word or idea on how long injuries like these take to heal?

Quasi
24th March 2011, 16:27
a long time:shit:. But we dont want to worry Katie with that right now.

girlzchris
24th March 2011, 21:52
went to see her today. she is damn tired but still tried to stay up and chat with us while i can see her shutting her eyes... so we buggers off and let her have a good sleep.... i might pop in and see her maybe in a week time as right now i think she need her recovery sleeeeeep....

Reckless
25th March 2011, 11:39
Haven't had time for a tally up as I spent damn near all day yesterday on this so I'm catchin up with way over due work!

But kudos to you all heaps of deposits in, ranging in $!!

Bloody awesome guys and gals!! Top effort!

P.S. Keep them coming even with ACC paying the balance, my doctor and xray visits B4 xmas for a broken Scapula (thumb joint) where a $100 each time!! Then Physio!

mattathm
25th March 2011, 11:40
And theres a litte more to help ya back on ya feet :niceone:

Crasherfromwayback
25th March 2011, 11:47
for a broken Scapula (thumb joint) where a $100 each time!! Then Physio!

They charge you $100.00 to x-ray the wrong bit? A scapula is a shoulder blade!:innocent:

Reckless
25th March 2011, 12:24
They charge you $100.00 to x-ray the wrong bit? A scapula is a shoulder blade!:innocent:

No wonder my bloody thumb didn't get any better!! They where fixin the wrong bit DUH!! LOL!!! :facepalm:
Still bit sore on the MX bike but no worse than many other bits that are getting to worn out LOL!!!

This bit?? They call it the "bikers break" when the bar gets forced into your hand.

Buggered if I remember what they call it?? :blink: Wasn't the abductor either? :angry:
I only break em, It's them that have to no how to fix em Aye! :innocent:

And the hundy was for the specialist visit as well as the xray :blink:

Crasherfromwayback
25th March 2011, 12:27
This bit?? They call it the "bikers break" when the bar gets forced into your hand.

Scaphoid!?

Reckless
25th March 2011, 12:32
Scaphoid!?

yeh thats it! I was close Scap..... something??????
Shivers I hope there's not to many parts that start with pen......something?????? I'd be screwed if I got any of those bits mixed up!!! LOL!!!

Haha talk about off topic now the "Doctor Pete" thread!!

Sorry Katie :love:

Crasherfromwayback
25th March 2011, 12:38
Haha talk about off topic now the "Doctor Pete" thread!!

Sorry Katie :love:

It's only because I've broken them all that I know their names!

Doubt she'll mind mate. I'm sure she has more important things to worry about. Besides...this is a thread she's not supposed to see!

wayne708
25th March 2011, 14:29
Been away on the bike all week up north so have just had a chance to catch up on KB. Added some to the account today.

caseye
25th March 2011, 18:27
Reckless,Crasher yer both bloody brave men, doing this and not! telling her.
You know what happens when we fella's go and do something without being given our opinion by the girls.
Banked a bit today too, hope it gets to be a very big balanc-ing act, te he he disguised that quite nicely I thought.

Reckless
25th March 2011, 18:41
Besides...this is a thread she's not supposed to see!

Hahaha wait till they give her, her laptop crasher this is all on me mate??
Once she discovers what I've been up to I'll be so far in the shit I'll need a ten ton digger to get me out! LOL!!!

blackdog
25th March 2011, 18:41
done and done

MadDuck
25th March 2011, 18:59
You know what happens when we fella's go and do something without being given our opinion by the girls.......

and you fellas will never learn ah? :innocent:

FJRider
25th March 2011, 19:06
and you fellas will never learn ah? :innocent:

Perhaps ... it's easier to ask for forgiveness ... than permission ... :innocent:

Crasherfromwayback
25th March 2011, 19:19
Hahaha wait till they give her, her laptop crasher this is all on me mate??
Once she discovers what I've been up to I'll be so far in the shit I'll need a ten ton digger to get me out! LOL!!!

You'll be fine mate. She's a softy. We all know that.

Crasherfromwayback
25th March 2011, 19:22
Reckless,Crasher yer both bloody brave men, doing this and not! telling her.
You know what happens when we fella's go and do something without being given our opinion by the girls.

I've got nothing to do with it mate!

We get arrested?

blackdog
25th March 2011, 19:25
No worries guys I can supply the ten ton digger ;)

Reckless
25th March 2011, 19:41
Perhaps ... it's easier to ask for forgiveness ... than permission ... :innocent:

Na its easier to bugger off on your bike till the smoke clears! I thought that's why they where invented?? (well while I was married that is)!!

No worries guys I can supply the ten ton digger ;)

PM me your number aye! :innocent:

Brian d marge
26th March 2011, 03:11
No wonder my bloody thumb didn't get any better!! They where fixin the wrong bit DUH!! LOL!!! :facepalm:
Still bit sore on the MX bike but no worse than many other bits that are getting to worn out LOL!!!

Buggered if I remember what they call it?? :blink: Wasn't the abductor either? :angry:
I only break em, It's them that have to no how to fix em Aye! :innocent:

And the hundy was for the specialist visit as well as the xray :blink:

Named after the famous fella Gordon Bennet

Tis the first name that comes to mind when you break it

Stephen

caseye
26th March 2011, 08:05
and you fellas will never learn ah? :innocent: Hello there Mon Cherie.

See, See, what'did I tell ya Rick, now we're all Gooners.
Crasher, getting arrested is relative, or done by a relative or summit like that.
Be worth being arrested to see that lass on her feet, aye.

Mike Troutman
26th March 2011, 08:19
well now, been outa sorts over here in the states but anything Katie needs that I can get down there to her be grand if ye let me know. Due to my current work wiring $ is a bit tough (the men in black are coming for me!). At anyrate, katiepie left an open door for me should I get down there to visit my sis, so I know she's a good lass. So would like to do something fer her, just not sure how from here. An you know she can't complain about sidecar nutters sending her stuffs, we're nutters after all, we never listen! ;)

Fatt Max
26th March 2011, 11:13
Hello there Mon Cherie.

See, See, what'did I tell ya Rick, now we're all Gooners..

When the fuck did you lot start supporting Arsenal....???

Toaster
26th March 2011, 13:07
I'm not sure a monetary gift comes under earnings though. Either way, I'm in!

It depends on the reason and purpose (sorry sounding like the taxman).

Does she have a working cell? No luck getting hold of her to wish her well.

Crasherfromwayback
26th March 2011, 13:51

Never. You're far too nice a guy to even sound like one!

Couldn't tell you sorry Cam. I've been waiting for the dust to settle a bit before trying to see her.

blackdog
26th March 2011, 13:55

Never. You're far too nice a guy to even sound like one!

Couldn't tell you sorry Cam. I've been waiting for the dust to settle a bit before trying to see her.

no cells allowed in hospital wards...kinda like planes and forecourts

James Deuce
26th March 2011, 14:37

Bullshit. Been in plenty of times and cellphones are no issue. It's bullshit that they interfere with equipment, just like its bullshit they give you cancer.

Katman
26th March 2011, 14:41
just like its bullshit they give you cancer.

I'm still not keeping mine in my jeans pocket.

Crasherfromwayback
26th March 2011, 14:42
I still don't own one.

James Deuce
26th March 2011, 14:44
I'm still not keeping mine in my jeans pocket.

You're old enough for it to no longer be an issue.

blackdog
26th March 2011, 14:46
Bullshit. Been in plenty of times and cellphones are no issue. It's bullshit that they interfere with equipment, just like its bullshit they give you cancer.

I'm not disagreeing that it's BS, they do however not allow patients to have them. Please feel free to keep arguing with me I've just been through it all with my wife in hospital they wouldn't allow her to use it.

Crasherfromwayback
26th March 2011, 14:48
I've just been through it all with my wife in hospital they wouldn't allow her to use it.

Pah. They told me I wasn't allowed to play with myself either...

James Deuce
26th March 2011, 14:55
I'm not disagreeing that it's BS, they do however not allow patients to have them. Please feel free to keep arguing with me I've just been through it all with my wife in hospital they wouldn't allow her to use it.

I'm sorry dude, they do. I've been in hospital plenty in the last five years and have not been without phone, either as patient or parent support. Don't let the bastards bully you. You pay them.

blackdog
26th March 2011, 14:57

Scrabble?

Always more fun if a nurse plays with you.

(As long as it's not FM!)

blackdog
26th March 2011, 15:00
I'm sorry dude, they do. I've been in hospital plenty in the last five years and have not been without phone, either as patient or parent support. Don't let the bastards bully you. You pay them.

It might be dependant on the ward then? We were told in no uncertain terms that K could not use hers.

James Deuce
26th March 2011, 15:01
It might be dependant on the ward then? We were told in no uncertain terms that K could not use hers.

It's a power play. Don't let them win.

By the same token, they may have been more concerned about limiting contact and mental activity, but I don't know because I wasn't there.

Cloggy
26th March 2011, 15:31
Agreed, when I was in Wgtn hospital last year I had my phone to stay in touch. Didn't get told once I wasn't allowed it.

Quasi
26th March 2011, 16:05
Hey all. Saw our mate again today. She is looking better and better every day. Does get tired out very quickly and its great to see that everyone has taken note of that and keeping visits short and sweet. She is now slightly more elevated, and even got to have a run around behind the zimmer frame. Just waiting for trashy to bring in the side chair to really get her heart rate racing.

Re Cell phone. Yes - Katie has hers, has only been able to start using it, but has a zillion message to slowly work through. She has only been able to spend a small amount of time on it as her body lets her know in no uncertain terms when its time to slow down.
Attached - view of the new flower shop in ward 6N and thats only some of them!, and even better view of our cheery mate.

all looking good.
Q

Crasherfromwayback
26th March 2011, 16:10
Thanks for that! Flowers. I like flowers!

\m/
26th March 2011, 16:21
Made a donation a few days ago, but forgot to post in here. Good to hear things are getting better.

rachprice
26th March 2011, 17:32
Thanks for that! Flowers. I like flowers!

Man if I didn't know better I swear you were gay :bleh:

Riff Raff
26th March 2011, 18:16
He is Rach - you just haven't caught him yet!!!

gunrunner
26th March 2011, 18:24

That is correct ... maybe her halo can pick up sky ..:yes:

Toaster
26th March 2011, 19:37

Completely agree. It is also a myth that they interfere with aircraft equipment. This has been tested and published.

hellokitty
26th March 2011, 20:33

I have been in hospital many times recovering from surgery and have had the use of my cell - and have been harassed by my boss and workmates asking dumb questions.
I was at the hospital last Thursday and Friday with my husband and my damn phone was going the whole time. :angry: Very annoying to others on the ward too I bet!
I would say the cell phone is banned so Katie can have some peace - it is very tiring when you have to answer the phone all the time, or try to text. Particularly someone as popular as Katiepie :love:

mattathm
26th March 2011, 21:33
jesus this is dragging on...
Her cell phone is NOT banned, its next to her on her bed!

Gareth51
26th March 2011, 23:28

Your not looking in the right closet

White trash
27th March 2011, 06:49
Just waiting for trashy to bring in the side chair to really get her heart rate racing.

Thanks heaps for the update Carla. Might give the side car a week or two I reckon, despite a whole heap of belief from the majority of KB I personally think the girl needs a bit of rest.

Thank you for the updates and photos mate, let her know we're still thinking of her when you see her next :D

Quasi
27th March 2011, 06:55
You are on to it Jimmy - she gets sooooo tired, and its so blindingly obvious when she is. But I think now that everyone has had a chance to actually see her and that she is okay, they are now being more careful about the visiting.

sinfull
27th March 2011, 07:10
You are on to it Jimmy - she gets sooooo tired, and its so blindingly obvious when she is. But I think now that everyone has had a chance to actually see her and that she is okay, they are now being more careful about the visiting.

Kept a quiet eye on how she's doin and pleased to see her able to put on a brave face (knowing full well that position sucks)
Give her a thumbs up from me will ya !

Riff Raff
27th March 2011, 07:31

But if they're not, you could always use the money to hire a bouncer to keep them out when she needs a rest. Rest is paramount to her recovery so folks try to remember that.

Crasherfromwayback
27th March 2011, 08:00

I am so gay. I'm a well hairy bull dyke trapped in a mans body. That's why I love licking smoo so much.

sinfull
27th March 2011, 08:33
I am so gay. I'm a well hairy bull dyke trapped in a mans body. That's why I love licking smoo so much.

OMG and here i was thinking i was unique

Number One
27th March 2011, 10:08
Thanks heaps for the update Carla. Might give the side car a week or two I reckon, despite a whole heap of belief from the majority of KB I personally think the girl needs a bit of rest.

Rest is paramount to her recovery so folks try to remember that.

+1 million.

Rest key and surely a little bit of privacy as she regenerates too...it will only mean she is up and at em again sooner too.

Thanks to the power of the internets we can let her know we are all thinking of her, rooting for her and sending her all our positive vibes and love without ALL getting up in her grill.

Mend and rest well KP :sunny:

ynot slow
27th March 2011, 10:32
The joys of being hospitalised,all visitors want to visit when you're recovering and tired,then when you can handle a few more visitors they all bugger off lol.

Just shows the biking spirit we have,in bad times help isn't far away,thanks for updates.

davebullet
27th March 2011, 10:47
The joys of being hospitalised,all visitors want to visit when you're recovering and tired,then when you can handle a few more visitors they all bugger off lol.

Just shows the biking spirit we have,in bad times help isn't far away,thanks for updates.

That's why I haven't visited her. When she's out of the 24 hour care the hospital provides, and if her parents have to get back to their jobs / lives, she'll need friends at home to help out. I know it will be tough for her, I mean she will be hanging out to do housework, jobs around the house, but instead she'll have to rely on us to do many of those chores. I'm handy with a lawn mower and a chainsaw, even when they are not attached to the bike.

Besides, I know a visit from me is something for KP to look forward to when she is out of hospital :blink:

brumax
27th March 2011, 11:16
hey guys and gals, wish i woz in the country to visit katie, its great to see her photos, makes it real, if you no what i mean.
i am blown away buy the support she has from you dudes and dudeses,
what a great positive attitude you are all puttin forward to her, KBers you are the best!!
and with her strong will she will soon be ridin around,
give her a wee squeeze from me

junkmanjoe
27th March 2011, 12:11
Best wishes to you katie..

sucks to know you went down in my back yard with out any knowing of the incident.

with out fail would have been out looking for you my self.. only really 3 sealed back roads between the gladstone and martinbrough areas, im guessing this is the direction you where traveling.. unless you got lost and ended up on gravel... which is possible with out to much trouble. im not sure where you where found, i believe in the parkvale area,maybe on the masterton / martinbrough road.

once you start to get deeper in to the wairarapa back country road network they go for a very long distance its easy to fill a days riding out here.

one point to come from this is wairarapa back country roads are not high volume traffic roads, its easy to ride all day out here and see no one.... ive often thought to my self... im all alone if some thing goes wrong.and im a long way out.

katie is lucky her phone had signal, you dont have to ride very far out to lose signal,,,,this out come could have been much worse if her phone didn't work....

but im sure the alert would have been raised if she never returned home....

ok im a retired road bike rider,and now ride adventure bikes,,but im more then happy to tag along on any rodie rides around the wairarapa district,, if you alone and would like some one to ride with.. drop us a pm..
safety in numbers.

JMJ

ducatigirl
27th March 2011, 17:41

:killingme:killingme:killingme Haha, good answer

The Everlasting
28th March 2011, 07:36
What's our fund up to now?

Reckless
28th March 2011, 10:28
We have no more funds in over the weekend but I think a little coming from overseas? not quite sure?
Some commitment from Aussie and Scotland!! Pretty flipping good eh!!!

What's our fund up to now?

Actually my friends I've been struggling with this for a few days now??
Was thinking be nice for her to have a surprise when she needs a bit more of a lift like in a few weeks when she's out of hospital or a bit down the track when visitors start to wain and the going might be tough? And she's had a bit of time to balance her thoughts etc
She's dealing with all the halo and trauma of the prang atm and being looked after at no cost in hospital so I think we should let the smoke clear a bit.

We might need some time for you guys to make sure she knows we want her to have it! for her!! And she would make us feel very good by using it, for her!!
Maybe we should do a presentation BBQ when she's out?? Plenty of time yet :yes: so please I don't want this to be a drama for her while she's coping with visitors, tiredness, back braces, physio etc etc. so lets just keep our little scheme low profile :psst: at the moment I reckon! No need to panic till she gets her laptop then ??? I'm goin need all your help LOL!! :facepalm:

Oh and any who have contributed I consider you have a right to know so pm me and I'll pm you back! I only know about 50% of your KB vs personal names so better make the link for me in your pm please! Most of you have wanted to remain anon so I will make sure it stays that way!!!

Thanks all you should be very proud of yourselves!!!!

Quasi
28th March 2011, 17:54
Just got text from katie - she going home tomorrow!!! Thats awesoem news and a great step forward
now she really going to need us

mattathm
28th March 2011, 17:55
Pleanty of time yet..............
Im not so sure...
i think she is getting released tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Number One
28th March 2011, 18:02
AWESOME NEWS!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

If I can help at all please let me know - I only work part time 9-1 each day.

Crasherfromwayback
28th March 2011, 18:48
Just got text from katie - she going home tomorrow!!! Thats awesoem news and a great step forward

Great news!

sinfull
28th March 2011, 18:59
I don't want this to be a drama for her Just give her the cash bro ! 2Morrow sounds good !

Fatt Max
28th March 2011, 19:53

Yep, great news. What a wonderful person she is....and a great set of mates like you guys, she is one lucky gal.

Great work oll of you for backing her up, you are all legends and I am out of bling......:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Ronin
28th March 2011, 20:09

Ohhh Reckless is soooo screwed now lol.

davebullet
28th March 2011, 20:31
AWESOME NEWS!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

If I can help at all please let me know - I only work part time 9-1 each day.

Me too! I also work part time (10am - 11am each day) but attend work 9 - 5.

Cloggy
29th March 2011, 16:15
Me too! I also work part time (10am - 11am each day) but attend work 9 - 5.
Good one Dave.
Same here when someone asks me how many people work at my work, my standard answer is "Hmmm, about half of them."

Quasi
29th March 2011, 16:29
yah lazy devils - glad i not paying your wages:shit::shutup::yes:

mattathm
29th March 2011, 16:30
shes been discharged!

Quasi
29th March 2011, 16:31
whoop whoop
aint life sweet!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Fatt Max
29th March 2011, 16:33
I'll just polish my thermometer, stretch out some gloves and mix up a jar of 'Smiley' cream and I'll be over there before you can say 'Fat Bastard'....

FJRider
29th March 2011, 16:44
I'll just polish my thermometer, stretch out some gloves and mix up a jar of 'Smiley' cream and I'll be over there before you can say 'Fat Bastard'....

Why dont you just bring her a pie ... but leave off the sauce ... apparently it's fattening ... :innocent:

Number One
29th March 2011, 17:01
Far out that girl is a tough cookie! Great to hear she's out of that place :yes: :)

mattathm
24th April 2011, 23:49
Her Halo is coming off in 6 weeks, then a plastic brace I think.
Wrist cast off in a week and 1/2,
Leg cast is off already and she's walking without crutches albeit a bit wobbly and in high spirits..... hahahaha

jrandom
25th April 2011, 08:30
*facepalm*

This thread is ridiculous.

Not only are y'all only ponying up because she's hot, you're doing it without hope, because the OP took care to state up front that she was frigid.

White trash
25th April 2011, 09:09
Ummmm, you have a certain way with words there Mr Random.

Actually, Katie's a very good friend to a large number of people, both KBers and not, I'd imagine that's why people are keen to help.

pritch
25th April 2011, 09:15
There were probably almost as many reasons for helping, as there were people who coughed up with cash.

jrandom
25th April 2011, 09:16
Katie's a very good friend to a large number of people, both KBers and not, I'd imagine that's why people are keen to help.

You're a man with a fertile imagination, Mr Trash.

AllanB
25th April 2011, 09:18
*facepalm*

Not only are y'all only ponying up because she's hot, you're doing it without hope, because the OP took care to state up front that she was frigid.

Bahahahahah

Pretty sure we'd do the same for you ........... might do a whip around to get the medical people to remove the rod from ya arse!

jrandom
25th April 2011, 09:21
Pretty sure we'd do the same for you ...

If I didn't know it'd hurt, I'd be tempted to test that.

Crasherfromwayback
26th April 2011, 08:42
*facepalm*

If I didn't know it'd hurt, I'd be tempted to test that.

What's the matter Knobstain? Jealous 'cause no one would give a shit if you dropped dead? I'm thinking you're a woman hater...and probably because you secretly want to be one.

Big Dave
26th April 2011, 08:53
If you people had only mown Jim's lawn.....

Str8 Jacket
26th April 2011, 08:56

If only you knew how NOT funny that is right now....

Big Dave
26th April 2011, 09:08
If only you knew how NOT funny that is right now....

Oh well, win a few.... The big Jesse knows I'm always on his side.

Edit: I also now know who did mow the lawn - sent me a 'haha'. Much respec to heeeeem too.

Toaster
26th April 2011, 09:58

I did offer at the time.... he never took it up.

Deano
26th April 2011, 10:02

That's cause he is too staunch - ya don't offer with Jim, ya just doo eeeet.

Big Dave
26th April 2011, 10:06

Sheesh - I was just trying to get a grin out of the old boy. Not much else I can do from long distance. But we're in the wrong thread.

The Stranger
26th April 2011, 11:32
Ummmm, you have a certain way with words there Mr Random.

Actually, Katie's a very good friend to a large number of people, both KBers and not, I'd imagine that's why people are keen to help.

Dan of course measures people by his standards, his comments are unfortunately a sorry reflection on these.

creature
26th April 2011, 11:53
Hi katiepie, ive put a few HALO's on patients myself so i understand what you must be going through. would have liked to have known you as a sister rider on the road, hope to in the future. CREATURE will be sending some :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny: your way.

Big Dave
26th April 2011, 12:21
There's a name - Mac the Knife.

John_H
26th April 2011, 21:58
*facepalm*

I think you previously mentioned you have been away for some time from the site. Perhaps you could do us all a favour and go back to where ever it was you went away to?

mattathm
26th April 2011, 22:22
*facepalm*

Who the fuck is this :tugger::tugger::tugger::tugger: ???

Hawkeye
27th April 2011, 07:02
*facepalm*

do us all a favour and crawl back into the cesspool from which you came

XxKiTtiExX
27th April 2011, 11:37
I seriously just can't quite take in what I have been reading on this forum lately. And I can't even begin to comprehend how heartless, nasty and spineless certain people on this forum can be. How does one actually sleep at night? What a massive eye opener as to the mentality of a certain person, troll or not. Lets hope one never manages to find themselves in the same predicament. I'd seriously not donate a single cent to their cause. What a joke and a half.

Crasherfromwayback
27th April 2011, 11:42
I seriously just can't quite take in what I have been reading on this forum lately. And I can't even begin to comprehend how heartless, nasty and spineless certain people on this forum can be. How does one actually sleep at night? What a massive eye opener as to the mentality of a certain person, troll or not. Lets hope one never manages to find themselves in the same predicament. I'd seriously not donate a single cent to their cause. What a joke and a half.

The REALLY sad thing is...he's probably proud of himself too.

_STAIN_
27th April 2011, 11:52
wake up guy's the problem stems from the site owner getting his jollies off on this "freedom of speech shit"

but clearly the members here love the slander feasts or they would not feed the trolls

Spearfish
27th April 2011, 12:15
wake up guy's the problem stems from the site owner getting his jollies off on this "freedom of speech shit"

but clearly the members here love the slander feasts or they would not feed the trolls

Yeah but what does Katie think?

She posted her response, so I understood she saw it for what it is..... a cadbury picnic bar floating in the public pool just to see the reaction, JRandom's skill was to pinch off the ends to make it look more realistic.

Crasherfromwayback
27th April 2011, 12:23
JRandom's skill

He has none, nor will he ever.

Spearfish
27th April 2011, 12:40
He has none, nor will he ever.

Yeah, but he pinched the ends off....

jafar
27th April 2011, 12:59
There's a name - Mac the Knife.

Mac the knife is hiding in the U.S.A.

Last heard from he was chasing snakes with a rake :blink:

Big Dave
27th April 2011, 13:14
a cadbury picnic bar floating in the public pool just to see the reaction, JRandom's skill was to pinch off the ends to make it look more realistic.

Aye. And some even left the pool in disgust.

There should be a anti-social networking survival scoop.

Maha
27th April 2011, 13:17
Yeah but what does Katie think?

She posted her response, so I understood she saw it for what it is..... a cadbury picnic bar floating in the public pool just to see the reaction, JRandom's skill was to pinch off the ends to make it look more realistic.

You know why turds are tappered eh?...so that your arse dont close with a Bang!

Spearfish
27th April 2011, 13:56
You know why turds are tappered eh?...so that your arse dont close with a Bang!

Thank fark for that, imagine the embarrassment of going to a girlfriends place, getting the coffee squits and trying to hide the sound of a popcorn machine going off in the bogg...farkin first date nightmare.

mattathm
27th April 2011, 14:00
Thank fark for that, imagine the embarrassment of going to a girlfriends place, getting the coffee squits and trying to hide the sound of a popcorn machine going off in the bogg...farkin first date nightmare.

Popcorn machine...... :facepalm: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::killingme:killingme:killingme:killin gme:killingme:killingme
Or mimiking pigeons leaving a park all at once.....

Oblivion
27th April 2011, 14:14
Popcorn machine...... :facepalm: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::killingme:killingme:killingme:killin gme:killingme:killingme
Or mimiking pigeons leaving a park all at once.....

Detonating Proximity Bomb in 3...2...1... :sick:

Hitcher
27th April 2011, 14:18
If the collectors of the Hitcher Whip-around hadn't invested the proceeds on a Lotto ticket, I would have happily donated that to the cause.

Joking aside, it's times like these where the genuine and heart-felt support of fellow bikers is immeasurably more valuable than a few golden coins rattling around in a coffee jar.

Ladydragon
27th April 2011, 14:29
Little bit more extra added too

Gone Burger
13th May 2011, 16:38
Good day fellow Kiwibikers.

I have had a rollercoaster of a ride over the past 7 weeks, to say the least. Up, down, forwards, backwards, right way up, completely wrong way up. But as each day passes, new things happen to make you wake up and remember what a fantastic life it can be. I have had my bad days, and lent on many of you during these times. I must apoligise, I know I have been heavy at times (not just talking about since the accident, many of you have held me up for a long time now). But I can only hope that the good days, and progressions forward have outweighed the heavier days and my friends and loved ones have helped me to step through each of the way.

One hell of a learning curve, that's for sure. From being the proudest girl I could possibly be 2 days before the accident for gaining my independence, to loosing my job and being completely dependent physically and mentally on others. Most definitely a true test of character for me, and to be honest, I have really enjoyed going through all of this. I have a long way to go, but am stepping through one stage at a time, and I can't help but be so excited to be alive, with more fight in me than I have ever had.

I was up in Auckland this week visiting my 90 year old Grandma. During a catch up in the evening with some friends, old and new, I was presented with your Kiwibiker Donations. I think it is fair to say (those who were there will no doubt back this up) I was well speechless, for the first time in a very long time. I am choosing my words carefully on here, as I have recently had a tough time with a lot of unkind things said to me. And I imagine this will provoke many more comments from those who words hurt me in the first place.

But I am just here to say the biggest "Thank You" I have ever said in my life. To all of you. To each and every person who has been so heartwarmingly generous. To each person who has offered me support right through the toughest time in my life. I am a modest girl, and accepting help from people is something that embarrasses me greatly, and something that I struggle to do. My friends know this is the case, and I do to. But I am in a situation now when it is no longer up to me. I am having to accept help, and even more so, ask for it. And please know that this completely blows me away. I hope that I get a chance to thank some more of you in person, and offer you help and support in any way, should you ever need it.

Tears were flowing for an hour after this being presented. Not because I was happy or upset. But because I couldn't believe the kindness so many people have in their hearts, and it made me so incredibly proud to be a biker, and a friend of so many of you.

I can assure you, I treasure all you have done for me. My mother has put a hell of a lot on the line because of my accident. So I hope to be offer her some assistance in getting back on her feet too, after giving up her much needed job to come and look after me in Wellington. I also know that I will now be able to keep living in my rental whilst I look for a job, because of your support.

I thank you, with all of my heart (and it's a big heart). I find it very hard to accept, but that is just my nature, as it is your to help others when they need it.

Loads of love and gratitude, Katiepie.

(I can only hope that I don't receive the same grief that I expect I might from a few. Yes, I am a soft girl. Yes you have your opinions. Of course you allowed to share them. Please, just let me say the thank you that is so deserved by so many on here).

White trash
13th May 2011, 16:54
It looks like you're hanging from the ceiling by a chain attached to your Halo.

Hawkeye
13th May 2011, 17:07

:laugh::rofl:

Str8 Jacket
13th May 2011, 17:08

She said not to be mean dorkess!! :)

davebullet
13th May 2011, 17:45
Either that or her expression indicates Fatt Max has given her another picture in (nurses) uniform

caseye
13th May 2011, 18:12
Nice pic that one, catching fly's huh katiepie?
Was a privilege to be able to take that pic for Reckless and to see it posted here.
Worth making the effort and being there to seeing the look on your face when Reckless gave you that piece of laminated paper.
Had a great time and meet a wonderfully straightforward,awesome young lady who has many friends around this little ol country of ours and who deserves all of them and what they've done for her.
It's no hardship Katiepie you have shown huge courage and commitment and come through an experience many would not have come through.
Keep smiling and stay strong.
Looking forward to that drink in Welly with you and yours when the time comes.
Still 5 weeks??? Ha! private joke, for those who made it to Mission Bay on Wednesday night.

Geeen
13th May 2011, 18:16
Yes, I am a soft girl.
:confused::confused: Aren't girls SUPPOSED to be soft??
I personally think from what I've seen on here you deserve nothing but good things and great friends.

Crasherfromwayback
14th May 2011, 12:20
Nice one KP!

Dutchee
14th May 2011, 18:59
Katie, as I said in my PM (I think I sent one), sorry for not making it. The weather was crap, I left work late and really couldn't handle going out that night. I was informed that a friend had died on Tuesday, so really just wanted to head home and grieve. I had been looking forward to it, and am determined to catch up with you at some stage.

wayne708
14th May 2011, 21:11
Is that meat and three veg in front of you in the picture Katie?:whistle:

Ladydragon
17th May 2011, 01:52
No that was one of the two huge platters we got for everyone to munch out on :drool: all different cheese crackers, fancy bread and fruit on one other one had a selection of meat cheese crackers,breads all sorts

Fatt Max
17th May 2011, 07:40
No that was one of the two huge platters we got for everyone to munch out on :drool: all different cheese crackers, fancy bread and fruit on one other one had a selection of meat cheese crackers,breads all sorts

Now you tell me.......