PDA

View Full Version : Hi, yet another newb (sportsbikesrock)

sportsbikesrock
25th March 2011, 15:57
Hey all. New to the bike scene, we all start somewhere right? I'm so new I don't even have my L's or a bike! If you really must hate on me, do it lightly - currently I'm one of those.... um..... scooter riders and although its a fun little demon and its been worked and can touch 100 km/h (don't ask!) - it still doesn't quite satisfy my 2 wheel addiction, although I like it much more than I'm letting on. I want to find out more about bikes as I am wanting to go for my L's soon and then get into the biking world....

steve_t
25th March 2011, 16:03
Welcome :drinkup: Get your L ASAP and a 250 will keep you happy for a while :scooter: As a scooterer, you probably don't have much in the way of gear. Use the search box on the top right to hunt out threads on good protective gear and ways to keep yourself safe. Take stuff with a grain of salt and make informed choices. Ride safely :rockon:

sportsbikesrock
26th March 2011, 02:51
Cheers. Got the basic stuff - jacket (need to get armor), full helmet, gloves. It looks overkill on a scooter but I don't want to be having skin grafts for the next year should something happen. Attempting my L's soon.

Number One
26th March 2011, 11:05
Got the basic stuff - jacket (need to get armor), full helmet, gloves. It looks overkill on a scooter but I don't want to be having skin grafts for the next year should something happen. Attempting my L's soon.

That's not overkill at all! Riding a scrootum on the road has as much potential for hurties as a 'proper' bike does.

Enjoy your journey through bikedom...exciting times ahead :sunny:

EJK
26th March 2011, 11:57
Welcome to KiwiBiker Forum - The home of experts and geniuses. Where you will find your answers to all your questions.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker, you can make it anywhere.

:sunny:

The Everlasting
26th March 2011, 20:28
Welcome to KB.

The Singing Chef
27th March 2011, 20:55
Welcome to KB, you said don't ask but my curiosity has gotten the better of me..how did you manage 100km/h? what cc?

GPXchick
27th March 2011, 23:57
Cross over from the Scooter side you will not regret it. I have found heaps of useful info on here. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. Good luck. :ride: