PDA

View Full Version : Any Newb's in Welli keen for a ride?

MoFunthanmost
25th June 2005, 11:34
Heyya all,

First post, so thought i might shout out to all the Welli newbie riders out there like me wanting to meet up with others for a ride sometime.

:ride:

Mo

poorbastard
25th June 2005, 12:38
Yea im keen for a ride sometime. Need to get outa bed and do something.

crazylittleshit
25th June 2005, 18:15
I'll tag along :ride:

NC
25th June 2005, 18:40
I'll be right behind you all :D

crazylittleshit
25th June 2005, 18:43
I'll be right behind you all :D
:love: :D We all know you'll be up front.

Coyote
25th June 2005, 18:45
If I gte my bike running soon I'll tag along, hopefully have my restricted by then too

NC
25th June 2005, 18:47
:love: :D We all know you'll be up front.
No! I'm slow, I can't keep up..

As WINJA would say..

I have bugs of the back of my helmet..

crazylittleshit
25th June 2005, 18:49
No! I'm slow, I can't keep up..

As WINJA would say..

I have bugs of the back of my helmet..
Your not slow woman :devil2:
P.s your pretty.

Velox
25th June 2005, 18:56
Your not slow woman :devil2:
P.s your pretty.
:puke: Public forum boy.

heh heh

crazylittleshit
25th June 2005, 18:58
:puke: Public forum boy.

heh heh
Sorry won't happen again. :weep:

Velox
25th June 2005, 19:04
Sorry won't happen again. :weep:
I should hope not or I'd be having a long talk to your mother.

Anyway, the hijack ends here.

crazylittleshit
25th June 2005, 19:07
I should hope not or I'd be having a long talk to your mother.

Anyway, the hijack ends here.
whats a HIJACK?

Uncle B
25th June 2005, 19:08
I'll go for a ride with you
Have you done the roads out the back of the Wairarapa?
If not I'll show you....plenty of good riding out there.

Ms Piggy
25th June 2005, 20:14
Heyya all,

First post, so thought i might shout out to all the Welli newbie riders out there like me wanting to meet up with others for a ride sometime.

Mo
Yup I'm keen now that I have some spare time. :yes:

MoFunthanmost
26th June 2005, 16:32
I'll go for a ride with you
Have you done the roads out the back of the Wairarapa?
If not I'll show you....plenty of good riding out there.

Yeah, been out to martinborough and down to lake ferry too. always keen to go over the 'tukas again! :D

cheers for the response guys! working this and next weekend, but if weathers good, i'm hopefully free one afta that and hope to meet y'all then!

Although always keen for a lunch time cruise round the bays too. ;)
(or whenever I dont have lectures for that matter)

mikey
26th June 2005, 16:45
if you go slow enough for me to catch up. an wait at every corner. an every pot hole , an every turn off ill come. iff not ill sit at home by the firrrrre

today?

MoFunthanmost
26th June 2005, 16:55
Sorry coulda prolly had gone earlier today, if I'd got outta bed - YAY AB's! let the festivities continue!
but got much needed sleep instead this morning and now at work till 11pm. :weep:

GROOMER
26th June 2005, 20:14
I'm always keen to ride, and meet some more Kb'ers :)

Velox
27th June 2005, 11:16
Yep - let me know when too. I'm always keen to go for a spin.

MoFunthanmost
27th June 2005, 11:44
actually - got all day Friday off work (Finally!!! working 14hrz 6 days a week SUX for riding schedule) so if weathers good anyone else free?

Velox
28th June 2005, 00:15
actually - got all day Friday off work (Finally!!! working 14hrz 6 days a week SUX for riding schedule) so if weathers good anyone else free?
I'd be keen for a smallish ride (I've got lots of Uni work to do aswell). We could go and get SC a treat from Martinborough! Not that he'd be eating it for a while (if it's edible), but it would be cool anyway. Keep us posted.

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 00:20
Could posibly make a small ride in the afternoon. Between cumin bak frm taupo and work.

MoFunthanmost
28th June 2005, 00:34
Would love to go to Martinborough. :yes:
poorbastard, when you likely to be back in town?

Was thinking Shell on Vivian as a potential meet up? can pop straight onto the motorway that way... ? your thoughts?

like i said, free all day - so meet up times open to your schedules.
:cool:

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 09:26
Would love to go to Martinborough. :yes:
poorbastard, when you likely to be back in town?

Was thinking Shell on Vivian as a potential meet up? can pop straight onto the motorway that way... ? your thoughts?

:cool:

Will probably be back is around lunch. But can always get up earlier if I have to, got a 4 hourish drive. Shell sounds good to me.

Sparky Bills
28th June 2005, 09:28
Always keen for a ride.
Bring on the good WARM weather! :Punk:

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 09:30
Always keen for a ride.
Bring on the good WARM weather! :Punk:

Welly and warm weather didn't know those two went together :cold:

NC
28th June 2005, 09:39
I'd be keen for a smallish ride (I've got lots of Uni work to do aswell). We could go and get SC a treat from Martinborough! Not that he'd be eating it for a while (if it's edible), but it would be cool anyway. Keep us posted.
I'll be keen, if I'm off work and if I can ride or/and maybe the weather too :laugh:

MoFunthanmost
28th June 2005, 12:38
Welly and warm weather didn't know those two went together :cold:

except today - my GOD it's beautiful out there today!
:angry:
Of all the days to be stuck at work!

lets hope Friday's as nice!

Paul in NZ
28th June 2005, 12:43
take friday off and go for a ride eh? hmmmm...... (thinks) Might just do that!

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2005, 13:11
Well ive just had a call to say that I will have my bike in a week or so, fingers crossed that'll happen then I'd be keen for a ride too! Bearing in mind though that I am an absolute newbie . . . .

Jonty
28th June 2005, 13:39
I will be very keen in a month or so - probably no point in posting this but I am really keen to get out on the road soon. Not sure if I am a newbie or not (wonder what the cut off is?). Anyhow I'm rambling now, will post a thread to get some people together in August :Punk:

mikey
28th June 2005, 14:23
fridays the go, sounds good if its like today. what time you guys going, will have bike ready and RRRRROARING to go so when i see you cats shoot past mungaguraki lights ill join the tail.

if weatherman plays nice.

GROOMER
28th June 2005, 14:48
damn bums! :D I wanna come too but gots to work :cry:

GROOMER
28th June 2005, 14:51
Well ive just had a call to say that I will have my bike in a week or so, fingers crossed that'll happen then I'd be keen for a ride too! Bearing in mind though that I am an absolute newbie . . . .

If you feel confident enough to ride with others around you, I'd be happy to ride with you. I may not be the best rider in the world, but you can always learn something by watching others ride. I may even put the L plate back on for the ride :)

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2005, 15:07

Im no "bum" mate, im just lucky enough to be able to work 7am to 3.30 so I have lotsa spare time . . . :ride:

Also I have never ridden in a group ride for long before, it freaks me out a little cause I feel like im slowing everyone down . . .
Think I may need a little more experience riding on my own for awhile to be honest.

GROOMER
28th June 2005, 15:15
Im no "bum" mate, im just lucky enough to be able to work 7am to 3.30 so I have lotsa spare time . . . :ride:

Also I have never ridden in a group ride for long before, it freaks me out a little cause I feel like im slowing everyone down . . .
Think I may need a little more experience riding on my own for awhile to be honest.

Wouldn't worry bout "slowing others down". Go at your own pace and know your own limits. Its good to ride with someone else just so you can sorta see what they're doing on the road, but being surrounded by 10 big sportsbikes could be a bit intimidating :)

Paul in NZ
28th June 2005, 15:17

aarrggh!

Dude. You are on a GN250 and maybe thats not the ideal group ride weapon.

Just set the meeting points and everyone waits. Never (EVER) seen anyone get grumpy waiting for a fellow rider yet. If you can get the time off come along.

Cheers

Str8 Jacket
28th June 2005, 15:22
Cheers for the support guy's, but I think I'll spend a bit of time riding by myself and getting my confidence up before I consider a group ride. :Punk:

Paul in NZ
28th June 2005, 15:50
Hey! No pressure but you will find 90% of us are good 90% of the time...

Meeting up with other poor aflicted souls is all part of the fun!

MoFunthanmost
28th June 2005, 17:31
hiya all, good to see so many keen!

Destination Martinbourough: :ride: Friday 1 July (this Friday) :weird:

Assume is on unless I post otherwise before 9am on Friday.
Meet at Vivian St Shell (two lights before onramp to motorway) from 12:30pm,
:wait:
leaving @ 1pm. that too late? not organised something like this before. :p and cant remember how long the ride takes...

hope to c y'all there!

Mo
:2thumbsup

NC
28th June 2005, 17:48
I'm a ACC bum :D

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 18:15
except today - my GOD it's beautiful out there today!
:angry:
Of all the days to be stuck at work!

lets hope Friday's as nice!

Only when I go away. This crap weather follows me everywhere

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 18:23
I'll be there early wake up and all. It'll be hard but sure ill manage to climb outa bed.

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 18:25
Cheers for the support guy's, but I think I'll spend a bit of time riding by myself and getting my confidence up before I consider a group ride. :Punk:

Thats cool it'll be my first ride in a larger group anyway.

MoFunthanmost
28th June 2005, 18:27

:yes: me too...

Uncle B
28th June 2005, 22:48
Alright now.

I need to get back in the saddle again especially after last saturdays accident.......so who's up for a saturday ride over the hill?

Say 10:30 at caltex Rimutaka.
Head over the hill....Martinborough.....back roads to masterton....home.

Anyone Keen??????

MoFunthanmost
28th June 2005, 22:59
Would, but back at work again on sat, sun. :oi-grr:

no way you can join us Friday? (earlier in this thread - also in events)

or another time then definately! :yes:

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 23:14
Alright now.

I need to get back in the saddle again especially after last saturdays accident.......so who's up for a saturday ride over the hill?

Anyone Keen??????
I'm keen for another ride nothing to do on a saturday anyway. So thats friday and saturday if they both go ahead. Neva been out that way. Just as long as im back to watch the ruga.

Velox
28th June 2005, 23:16
hiya all, good to see so many keen!

Destination Martinbourough: :ride: Friday 1 July (this Friday) :weird:

Assume is on unless I post otherwise before 9am on Friday.
Meet at Vivian St Shell (two lights before onramp to motorway) from 12:30pm,
:wait:
leaving @ 1pm. that too late? not organised something like this before. :p and cant remember how long the ride takes...
Cool - see you fellas there. Prob wouldn't want to go much later than 1 cause coming back it'll start getting pretty cold.

Yay - that's pretty cool! Just remember to totally keep to your own pace though. I once took a guy, who'd never been on a big ride, on a ride with a group of us once and he binned it. I'd told him not to push it but obviously didn't make much difference.

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 23:19
Yay - that's pretty cool! Just remember to totally keep to your own pace though. I once took a guy, who'd never been on a big ride, on a ride with a group of us once and he binned it. I'd told him not to push it but obviously didn't make much difference.

Cheers for the advice and will do.

XP@
28th June 2005, 23:30
Am working Friday, but if the meet is Sat 10:30 at the caltex rimatuka then I will try and get a day pass.

If I can get one then would do tail-end-charlie.

Uncle B
28th June 2005, 23:55
I'll try to do the Fri ride

If not I'm a definate for Sat.

poorbastard
28th June 2005, 23:59
I'll try to do the Fri ride

If not I'm a definate for Sat.

Just keep us posted for saturday then as well pls

GROOMER
29th June 2005, 09:19
Alright now.

Anyone Keen??????

Damn work sat morning :(

Grinner
29th June 2005, 21:31
I'm a possible for saturday. Sounds like a good scheme to meet some KB'ers and I'm sure summer is coming early. It will be great.

Velox
29th June 2005, 22:51
I'll post a thread in Meetings and Events then for Sat eh?
(Aswell as the Fri one I mean.)

sels1
30th June 2005, 00:05
Am working Friday, but if the meet is Sat 10:30 at the caltex rimatuka then I will try and get a day pass.

I could be in that catagory too........

rammstein636
18th July 2005, 17:50
Hey all, I'm new, keen for a ride. Perhaps next weekend though, Bikes in Woodville at the moment :yes: Not a lot of use there!