PDA

View Full Version : Club 250... empty :(

placidfemme
25th June 2005, 11:56
:ride: Oi !!!!!!!

Where are all the 250 riders? This section of the board is really quiet... just as quiet as the biker angels section...

Maybe we should organise a 250 ride... and have MOSTLY 250's (of-course anyone else is welcome)...

Any ideas or comments?

MSTRS
25th June 2005, 12:00
I've got 4.4 250's but they share the same gearbox etc so I guess I'm disqualified?

crashe
25th June 2005, 15:43
yep I will be up for another ride.... soon.

justsomeguy
25th June 2005, 16:15
:ride: Oi !!!!!!!

Where are all the 250 riders? This section of the board is really quiet... just as quiet as the biker angels section...

Maybe we should organise a 250 ride... and have MOSTLY 250's (of-course anyone else is welcome)...

Any ideas or comments?

See you tomorrow:ride:

Coyote
25th June 2005, 18:38
We should get a whole bunch of 250s at the next Taupo track day. Should be great fun

R6_kid
25th June 2005, 19:02
when i first became a KB'er i organised a ride for 250's in the hope of meeting some other people of a similar aged ppl with bikes. Ended up with bout 12-15 bikes, in all 3 were 250's. Was a good day and i learnt that people dont have to be the same age to get along with you.

should be along tomorrow if i dont get too wasted tonight :drinkup:

myvice
25th June 2005, 21:41
Keen as, giz a call if you want 2666444 or 021362226 just when and where?

johnny
26th June 2005, 00:07
Im one of the 250's rider love to attend some ride with u guys but sometimes work on weekends... sad!! will go when i have day off on weekend!!! :ride:

Happy riding tomorrow guys and be safe home!!

placidfemme
27th June 2005, 07:56
See you tomorrow:ride:

Hey justsomeguy... Sorry I couldn't catch up with you all yesterday at the ride... unfortunatly my partner, Sam (on the FXR) had an accident on K Road on Saturday around lunchtime.... Some cager decided to ruin our weekend and attepmt to drive over my partner at a give way...

Sam is ok, a little brusing on her ankle and a nice limp to go with it, but other than that she is... Just as well she was wearing all gear. Not sure how the bike is yet, when she had the accident I was riding through rain and hail on the Northern Motorway, only found out when I got home, so the bikes at Red Baron... will find out how much that will cost fix today :(

I saw the pic's of the ride yesterday, looks like you all had fun :)

*still looking forward to my first group ride*

crashe
27th June 2005, 10:39
Yep we all did wonder what had happened to you....

Glad Sam is ok...

placidfemme
27th June 2005, 11:00
Sams doing good.

We're both bummed out that we couldn't make the ride... Sam said I could still go on my own, but I felt bad knowing she wanted to go on the ride just as much as I did... So I opted to stay home and cheer her up... after all there will always be more rides :)

myvice
27th June 2005, 19:06
Hope Sams ok, wrote a car off on K,rd, kinda lucky caus I wouldnt be here if I was on my bike. Its odd how "sorry I didnt see you" means less with each telling.
Now if thay cant see a car...

Grizz
27th June 2005, 19:14
Sams doing good.

We're both bummed out that we couldn't make the ride... Sam said I could still go on my own, but I felt bad knowing she wanted to go on the ride just as much as I did... So I opted to stay home and cheer her up... after all there will always be more rides :)

Really sorry to hear about what happened to Sam, yes you did miss a great ride, but as you say there will be more, look forward to seeing you both at the next one.

Jeremy
27th June 2005, 19:38
Hope Sams ok, wrote a car off on K,rd, kinda lucky caus I wouldnt be here if I was on my bike. Its odd how "sorry I didnt see you" means less with each telling.
Now if thay cant see a car...

I wish that ACC for once would have a useful ad campaign. An "I didn't see you campaign"

With some nice footage of trucks that didn't see cars ramming them off bridges, oil tankers running into smaller boats, and finally a car hitting a motorcyclist or cyclist. And a "How about using your damn eyes for a change" at the end. I didn't see isn't an excuse, it's along the lines of "I don't know" as the response to why you killed someone.

John
27th June 2005, 19:49
Hey justsomeguy... Sorry I couldn't catch up with you all yesterday at the ride... unfortunatly my partner, Sam (on the FXR) had an accident on K Road on Saturday around lunchtime.... Some cager decided to ruin our weekend and attepmt to drive over my partner at a give way...

Oh my god, thats horrible - what have you done to anger the biker gods ?? ... sorry about that, makes sure you take care of Sam so your ready for the next ride :)

justsomeguy
27th June 2005, 20:03

Sam is ok, a little brusing on her ankle and a nice limp to go with it, but other than that she is... Just as well she was wearing all gear. Not sure how the bike is yet, when she had the accident I was riding through rain and hail on the Northern Motorway, only found out when I got home, so the bikes at Red Baron... will find out how much that will cost fix today :(

I saw the pic's of the ride yesterday, looks like you all had fun :)

*still looking forward to my first group ride*

Oh NO!! Sorry to hear that girl...... how she recovers soon.....Hope the bike is written off -since it's the cage's fault - it shouldn't affect your no claims discount and it will be easier than the hassle of finding a buyer for it.:whistle:

So who you dealing with at Red Barons?? Go talk to the guys upstairs for any parts/gear if you need them and ask them for a discount...... don't take any shit from Tony either:devil2: ......tell him if he isn't careful Sam will kick his arse(once her foot recovers :laugh:)

There are rides pretty much every weekend depending on the weather.

So it wont be long before we can go on a group ride together:ride:

See you around :niceone:

placidfemme
28th June 2005, 09:46
thank you :)

I don't think the bike is a write off... Still havn't heard back from Red Baron with a quote, but they said it was just cosmetic damage... so nothing huge (except maybe the bill).

All the guys at Red Baron know me... Mike in the workshop is my favourite... he knows my voice before I even say my name when I call him... I always ask him stupid questions like... "I don't have a fuel gauge on my bike... can I have one installed?" and he replies with "yes you do... look in the tank and or judge by your km's" lol

When Sam took the bike there on Saturday after the accident they were all like "have you told Tammy yet? Does she know? She's gonna be mad at you!" lol

they're all a good bunch... they always give me a discount :)

*loves Red Baron*

surfchick
28th June 2005, 13:03
i thought the same thing when i first found those forums... they are kinda quiet..but we still out here

Mokoro
3rd July 2005, 22:13
We'll I'd join any group ride organised in Auckland... (Once I get a bike)
I can't WAIT to get one :/ Quick, someone sell me a cbr250 or a zxr250..low k's no crashes :D

HDTboy
3rd July 2005, 22:22
I can't WAIT to get one :/ Quick, someone sell me a cbr250 or a zxr250..low k's no crashes :D
If you find said bike for a decent price could you try finding me a woman with good looks, high libido and an unnatural love of cooking and cleaning?

placidfemme
4th July 2005, 08:08
If you find said bike for a decent price could you try finding me a woman with good looks, high libido and an unnatural love of cooking and cleaning?

lol that type of wife is commonly known as "Mail Order Bride" :rofl:

I can't WAIT to get one :/ Quick, someone sell me a cbr250 or a zxr250..low k's no crashes :)

If possible get yourself a ZXR250 :ride: they're the best *IMHO*

HDTboy
4th July 2005, 17:41
lol that type of wife is commonly known as "Mail Order Bride" :rofl:

If possible get yourself a CBR250RR :ride: they're the best *IMHO*
I said good looking :yes:

XD~
11th July 2005, 21:04
i would be keen for a 250 meet. im usually free on weekends just pm me.

i'm on northshore btw

N4CR
11th July 2005, 21:08
Yeah... after the amount of 250's at the Sunday ride I think thats a great idea! Scenic drive in my olde westieland would be good :devil2:

Will never get organised though I bet :whistle:

awesker
11th July 2005, 22:09
Count me in, Ill be keen for a ride in Auckland. 250 ride out sounds mint.

parsley
11th July 2005, 22:58
I was going to come yesterday but I had a date. Count me in for the next one!

placidfemme
12th July 2005, 08:09
I think a ride with just 250's would be good... but I don't know if we'd be as organised as we need to be...

*might get left behind lol*

Phenoix
12th July 2005, 21:12
Just got my bike fully up and going after many problems.
Just got to fix the clutch now.
I'd be keen for a 250 ride. just PM with the time and date on a weekend and I'll be there.

Jay widda 150
21st July 2005, 21:02
haye guys.

i gotta say that as one of the founding members of club 250 down here in welly that 250 rides are really good for a number of reasons:

building confidence - good for learners
building experience - we can ALL use that
learning about your bike
" " other peoples bikes
meeting new people
getting to know uncommon roads
adjusting to surface conditions
riding in groups is safer
and i could go on ( as if i havent allready)

but i ask that as many people go as possible.
if anyone in welly is up for it how about a random date and we'll go from there.

but for you jaffas i say go for it and drag your mates aLONG it aint stupid its bloody fun (welly ones were anyway)
and remember bike is desinged to stay on two wheels so NO SHOWING OFF!!

let us know how it goes aye?
C yas on the road
Jay