PDA

View Full Version : Progress..or just a true Wannabe?

monkey99
25th June 2005, 15:37
Hey all you good peeps, :grouphug: ...I have been in the wilderness for the last 6 years without a bike :ar15: firstly as I had a "sports accident" and had to sell my bike to pay all the bills after ACC did not payout for 18 weeks...B#%Strds!!..then subsequently bikephobic GF's :whocares: well I am free of all of these and this year will be getting a new bike :Punk: yeah baby...but still... oh the shame, I have to resit all my licenses again as I had a paper license taken from me for auto 6 months for speeding just prior to all the above life changing drama... So I have to get a new license and get back o nthe road...welcome all your advice on what is the bike to ride in th :Punk: is mdern era...hehe, would prefer a recent 600...cut my teeth on an NC21, NC 24 then NC 30..before getting my dream bike for all of 2000km b4 my injury...A lovely RVF750....sigh.. :yes:

ahhhm suggestions on the best way to get back on the road quickly??... I am very tempted to just go buy and sort out license after :nono: but it might be giving all bikers a bad rep in that manner :weird:

Zed
25th June 2005, 15:47
..I am free of all of these and this year will be getting a new bike :Punk: yeah babyWelcome to the site monkey99, enjoy the excitement of getting a new bike! :banana:

welcome all your advice on what is the bike to ride in th :Punk: is mdern era...hehe, would prefer a recent 600...I'd recommend any year 2000+ 600-1000 class motorcycle if you can handle it and you ride seriously safe!

ahhhm suggestions on the best way to get back on the road quickly??... I am very tempted to just go buy and sort out license after :nono: but it might be giving all bikers a bad rep in that manner :weird:There's only a couple of drongos on this site who would tell you to break the law in that way- don't listen to them! Do the right thing and get your licence first, then get out on the road!:ride:

Keep us updated!

Zed

monkey99
25th June 2005, 15:58
Cheers Zed,

Never been a drongo not going to start now...I prefer living to ride etc not trying to escape and ride 2 death...I will hook up with Andrew Templeton and take his riding course, used to ride with them in Club Suzuki when Maca's breaky was still new... Seriously good riders those Templeton Knights ;)

I have no inspiration at this time to buy any big CC bikes...I have seen to many good peeps biff it in tragedy to feel the need to go that fast & heavy...just nice cheap ole CBR600r should be fine..or a random other bike of similar genre...MMM test rides required me thinks..

I look forward to summer rides to the north and a celebratory beer with our bro's & sis's in Aucks ...

take care out there : )

Ixion
25th June 2005, 16:04
Unfortunately, I think you will find that if you have to actually resit your licences (ie you don't have a current photo motorcycle licence or a valid "lifetime" licence for motorcycle ) then you will be restricted to 250cc for 6 months (is it 6 months for over 25 ? Not sure). Anyway 250cc to start with

If you have a "lifetime" licence for motorcycle, I think you can still upgrade that to a photo one and no test required. . But not the paper (little booklet) ones.

I could be wrong, but. And if you have a valid photo car licence you can do a special course CBTA I think it is), that costs heaps but avoids the 250cc thing

Anyway, welcome.

Coyote
25th June 2005, 16:12
For people over 25, Leaners is 3 months, 6 months for those younger

Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

monkey99
25th June 2005, 16:16
fer sure...it will be a journey of rediscovery...and if it takes the time...well its a way to put the stoppers on to make sure I get a good bike (saving) and ride well etc etc

Ixion
25th June 2005, 16:16
For people over 25, Leaners is 3 months, 6 months for those younger

Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Still another 3 months on restricted isn't it though (and restricted still 250cc ?)

monkey99
25th June 2005, 16:17
yay..go me, old guy of 29 means 3 months of purgatory only ;)

Ixion
25th June 2005, 16:19
Uh, don't take those figures as gospel, I'm not certain of exactly how long it is at each stage. Just that learners and restricted is limited to 250cc .

Call your local LTSA , they'll tell you

Fart
25th June 2005, 17:00
Welcome back dude. Always good to have another Honda man in KB. :Punk: :Punk:

crazylittleshit
25th June 2005, 18:34
There's only a couple of drongos on this site who would tell you to break the law in that way- don't listen to them! Do the right thing and get your licence first, then get out on the road!:ride:

Keep us updated!

Zed
I don't apreciate being called a drongo thank you very much My feelings have been hurt. :weep: :crybaby:

Zed
25th June 2005, 18:43
I don't apreciate being called a drongo thank you very much My feelings have been hurt. :weep: :crybaby:What would you prefer me to call you?

crazylittleshit
25th June 2005, 18:45
What would you prefer me to call you?
CRAZYLITTLESHIT It's all in the name boss. :devil2:

Ghost Lemur
25th June 2005, 19:18
The Kwaka 636 seems to be the standout bike of the year if popularity and reviews are anything to go by.

Or you could go with a motard. Just as much fun (maybe more), certainly has less loss-of-licence potential.

Biff
26th June 2005, 12:19
Welcome mate.
I'd recommend getting back into biking gently, preferably on a 600 or less IMO. That hazard perception radar needs re-tuning.

monkey99
27th June 2005, 11:15
True, I like your thinking Biff.... Choke all the smurfs ;)... then we will really know their colours!! I do not think I would go for a 636, even though I have heard such great rapps about them... CBR600r is nice and easy for parts, fairings and xtra goodies also..yes I am coming over all common like...But, well.. Not really worthwhile spending big pings at this stage on a bike...I will wait till I get a fat wage for those games...or at least a whole lot more riding experience/Kudos points...Go the HRC bikes huh :p