PDA

View Full Version : speedo

ZorsT
25th June 2005, 16:29
so my bike is arriving on monday...
It needs some work, speedo doesn't go.
as far as I can think, it would either be the cable, or the acutal speedo. (i hope it is the cable)
How do i know if it is the cable?

MC HAMMER
Thanks all

bungbung
25th June 2005, 16:47
Depending on the bike,

For a naked bike with a speedo driven from the front wheel, you can check the cable by unscrewing the gauge end of the cable and watching the square cable end as you wheel the bike along. A healthy cable will turn with the wheel.

If you bike is faired, you may need to remove some pieces to get to the back of the speedo.

If the bike is newer, the speedo may be driven electronically from the gearbox final drive. (In which case it will not be a problem with the mechanical cable)

What is the bike?

ZorsT
25th June 2005, 17:57
the bike is a 1998 RG-150e

Didn't realise that some use the gearbox...

Aiolos
26th June 2005, 22:02
Rg's don't.

ZorsT
28th June 2005, 16:31
just had a look at it, disconnected it from the speedo (no need for fairing removal) and the cable is in at least two pieces...

new cable me thinks :devil2:

XTC
28th June 2005, 16:37
just had a look at it, disconnected it from the speedo (no need for fairing removal) and the cable is in at least two pieces...

That model is supposed to have a 2 piece speedo cable......

Not... :rofl:

ManDownUnder
28th June 2005, 17:27

If it is you should rush out and buy a new one - make sure it's installed before your next warrant... about an hour before shold do the trick.

then take it out and lube it - leave it in the shed to dry for about hmmm.... 6 months... and put it back in the bike about an hour before the warrant...

you get the picture LOL