PDA

View Full Version : CHCH Ride Patch

Eyegasm
31st March 2011, 07:47
As requested a new thread

Hi all

I am in talks with Vadernz (Trademe) they were the ones that created the CHCH ride badge.

They will be doing another run of these badges and $5 of each badge will be going to Red Cross
Good cause right!

I have said to them that there would be a few people that would be keen on them...
Sooo I am taking orders.

I have so far

Eyegasm x1
TheBlackDog x2
Quasi x1
Maha x2 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Bald Eagle x1
StoneY x2
Oneofsix x1 (PICK UP AND PAY)
Nudemetalz x2 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Shrub x1 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Dogsnbikes x 2 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Flip x1 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Fatt Max x1 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Gunrunner x2
Chanceyy x1(PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
RentaTriumph x2 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Taff1954 x1 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Stefan (fb) x1
Andrew Martin (Email) x1
Ty Kahu (Email) x1
Willytheekid x1 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
HenryDorsetCase x1 (PAID - ADDRESS SUPPLIED)
Joe Moon (txt) x2
Byron x2 (PAID)

If you wish to be added to the list send me a PM or post in this thread. The badges are $10 (pretty sure this is correct, will clarify, was going off the last trademe sale of one)

Here is what they look like

I will give account details to all once the amount ordered has been clarified.
Also will clarify price but going off the last trademe sale they are $10.

Cheers
Eyegasm

StoneY
31st March 2011, 07:51
Two please - will pass ya the bucks on Tuesday at the meeting

oneofsix
31st March 2011, 07:51

Hi all

I am in talks with Vadernz (Trademe) they were the ones that created the CHCH ride badge.

They will be doing another run of these badges and $5 of each badge will be going to CHCH.

Good cause right!

I have said to them that there would be a few people that would be keen on them...
Sooo I am taking orders.

I have so far

Eyegasm x1
TheBlackDog x2
Quasi x1
Maha x2

If you wish to be added to the list send me a PM or post in this thread. The badges are $10 (pretty sure this is correct, will clarify, was going off the last trademe sale of one)

Here is what they look like

I will give account details to all once the amount ordered has been clarified.
Also will clarify price but going off the last trademe sale they are $10.

Cheers
Eyegasm

Did the ride so have to have the badge :yes: and more $ to help Chch :yes:

Eyegasm
31st March 2011, 07:59
Two please - will pass ya the bucks on Tuesday at the meeting

Sweet, will add (paid) to the above list just so I know who has...

Hopefully get heaps of orders as these are a sweet looking badge for a good cause.

Maha
31st March 2011, 08:22
I think she sold around 70 at the Auckland event on the day.
Christchurch is not a quick fix and they will go on needing our help for a while yet.
Any amount of cash raised and donated (does not matter how it happens) will be appreciated buy those on the ground in Canterbury.

StoneY
31st March 2011, 09:47
Christchurch is not a quick fix and they will go on needing our help for a while yet.
Any amount of cash raised and donated (does not matter how it happens) will be appreciated buy those on the ground in Canterbury.

Damn right...wonder if we should rinse n repeat these rides every 3 months or so?

Maha
31st March 2011, 10:00
Damn right...wonder if we should rinse n repeat these rides every 3 months or so?

I like that idea Brent....paying it forward as it were.
The template for the rides have been done.

Fatt Max
31st March 2011, 10:22
FMBC are doing a ride on Sunday 1st May 2011 to the L&P Cafe in Paeroa called 'Fat Bikers Do Nothin' Much'.

I'll be putting the details up at the weekend but basically its a meet, greet and eat at the cafe. We have organised a $15 buffet brunch with the cafe giving $1 from each brunch sold to the CHCH Quake appeal.

Brunch is followed by the official 'So You Think You Re A Brainy Bastard' quiz, entry fee by donation and all proceeds to CHCH etc. The quiz will tease and tittilate you, testing your knowledge on both bikes and food. The winner receives a trophy and will be known as 'The Brainy Biker of 2011'

Just thought I would throw this out there if anyone is keen. As I said, I will be setting the event up at the weekend but feel free to check it out under the 'Events' section of the FBMC website www.fatbikersmc.com

As you said, there is a long way to go so any smidgeon of cash raised for those people will be of some help.

Bald Eagle
31st March 2011, 10:31
1st of May is also global motorcycle awareness day (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=2731&day=2011-5-1&c=all) - to have with your pies.

shrub
31st March 2011, 11:00
Bloody good idea - I'd be keen on one myself even though I wasn't on any fundraising rides. I was out on my bike when the quake hit, and it's still got the dust from the CTV building on it.

StoneY
31st March 2011, 11:02
Bloody good idea - I'd be keen on one myself even though I wasn't on any fundraising rides. I was out on my bike when the quake hit, and it's still got the dust from the CTV building on it.

Pleased to see you got her back in one piece mate. You were quites worried for a bit there.....

shrub
31st March 2011, 11:55
Pleased to see you got her back in one piece mate. You were quites worried for a bit there.....

Yeah, I was a bit. She was about 100m from the Grand Chancellor and well inside the red zone, so odds of getting to her anytime soon were pretty slim. A complete stranger who wasn't even a biker (I needed to talk him through starting her) rode her to the edge of the cordon for me and wouldn't even accept a beer as thanks.

Insurance is all good, but I find I get attached to some bikes and this one is one I don't want to have to replace.

Eyegasm
31st March 2011, 11:58

No worries Shrub.

Pretty sure you qualify for a patch mate. I'll put you down for 1.

shrub
31st March 2011, 12:04
No worries Shrub.

Pretty sure you qualify for a patch mate. I'll put you down for 1.

Sweet. I don't generally wear patches but this is one I'll wear with pride and gratitude to all the good bastards who are backing us up down here.

You would be surprised how much it means to us, the money is almost unimportant compared to knowing that you are supporting us. I live in the north-eastern suburbs, and while the subdivision I'm in is fine, one block either way is Baghdad and there are a lot of people doing it hard. I'm also lucky that my studies have been fully funded and my partner is playing a fairly key part of the rebuild, so her contract has been extended, but I have a few friends who don't have jobs any more.

vadernz
31st March 2011, 17:41
Hi Guys - First of all we just want to say a big thank you for your support. On the day of the Auckland ride we sold the whole 150 patches we had and raised over $770.00 for The Red Cross. (we actually sold more as we took advanced orders).

I just want to make it clear that you don't have to have done a charity ride to get the patch. Just by buying the patch you are a "Quake Rider" as you are supporting those in need.

Bike riders are good people who support a lot of great causes and I don't think we all get the recognition we deserve.

I reckon if the public see us out with our patches on they will realise "Hey what a great bunch".

We will post a photo when we hand over the cheque so you will know that the money is on it's way. We are probably looking at the end of April or early May.

Once again we really do appreciate you all getting behind the whole patch idea and some people in Christchurch will benefit from us all. I am proud to be called a biker.

A special thanks to Clint for doing his bit to help us.

dogsnbikes
31st March 2011, 18:21
PM sent and emails passed around

good stuff guy's :yes:

gunrunner
31st March 2011, 18:22
Yes please i will have 2 as well , im heading down that way on bike in 3 weeks im sure its gonna be an eye opener ..

Oakie
31st March 2011, 18:27
You would be surprised how much it means to us, the money is almost unimportant compared to knowing that you are supporting us. Yeah, what he said. And through the worst of it just someone turning up at the doorstep with fresh baking or some clean clothes or toys for the 4 year old granddaughter just lifted our spirits so much. Just so cool to know others care.

I live in the north-eastern suburbs, and while the subdivision I'm in is fine, one block either way is Baghdad and there are a lot of people doing it hard. Again...what he said. I'm in the north east too and while our street is pretty good ... carnage is just three blocks away.

chanceyy
31st March 2011, 19:38
PM sent and emails passed around

good stuff guy's :yes:

:shutup: where is my email ??

yup in for 1 plz ..

Fatt Max
31st March 2011, 19:43
Same, stick me down for 1, cheers

Eyegasm
31st March 2011, 21:44
Updated with all orders so far.

For those of you out of Wellington, I will give you my account details and get your address of you.

Vadernz will contact me once they are made, and then I can get the order through and sort out the monies and addresses.

Good on you all for attending the rides or just wanting to support.

Chur!:niceone:

RentaTriumph
3rd April 2011, 06:48
Yes please i will have 2 as well , im heading down that way on bike in 3 weeks im sure its gonna be an eye opener ..

Hi Gunrunner

What are the dates you are down in Christchurch and where are you intending on travelling down South?.

RentaTriumph
3rd April 2011, 06:49

Hi all

Two for me please. I pm'd you but not heard back.

Maha
3rd April 2011, 08:28
Two for me please. I pm'd you but not heard back.

Your name is on the list...view post #1

gunrunner
4th April 2011, 04:11
Hi Gunrunner

What are the dates you are down in Christchurch and where are you intending on travelling down South?.

The week before easter , leaving on the sunday going back on sat ...

Eyegasm
5th April 2011, 08:35
Bump

List Updated, If you had placed an order and are not on the list please contact me.

I will be paying for these up front and will inform all that have ordered of my bank account once I have the badges in hand.

Cheers all.

willytheekid
5th April 2011, 09:39
Bump

List Updated, If you had placed an order and are not on the list please contact me.

I will be paying for these up front and will inform all that have ordered of my bank account once I have the badges in hand.

Cheers all.

I would like one of these please Eyegasm....Like Shrub I wasn't on any charity run...but I was 7 stories up watching the cathedral fall and thinking we were next...then rode a damaged PhatGirl straight through central city to reach my partner & 8 month old baby on the far side of town.....nothing stops a worried Father & His Guzzi on a mission...NOTHING!!
Could you please add me to the list ? :)
Many thanks for organising this :yes: ..Will wear mine with pride!

HenryDorsetCase
5th April 2011, 10:14
Sweet. I don't generally wear patches but this is one I'll wear with pride and gratitude to all the good bastards who are backing us up down here.

You would be surprised how much it means to us, the money is almost unimportant compared to knowing that you are supporting us. I live in the north-eastern suburbs, and while the subdivision I'm in is fine, one block either way is Baghdad and there are a lot of people doing it hard. I'm also lucky that my studies have been fully funded and my partner is playing a fairly key part of the rebuild, so her contract has been extended, but I have a few friends who don't have jobs any more.

I am a starter too, even though I live in Chur chur.

HenryDorsetCase
5th April 2011, 10:15
I would like one of these please Eyegasm....Like Shrub I wasn't on any charity run...but I was 7 stories up watching the cathedral fall and thinking we were next...then rode a damaged PhatGirl straight through central city to reach my partner & 8 month old baby on the far side of town.....nothing stops a worried Father & His Guzzi on a mission...NOTHING!!
Could you please add me to the list ? :)
Many thanks for organising this :yes: ..Will wear mine with pride!

I've got a vivid mental picture as I was coming down our stairs of what I thought was smoke all over the place (and thinking fark! hope this old girl holds up for another five minutes...) of course it was masonry dust from building and chimney collapses...

willytheekid
5th April 2011, 10:32
I've got a vivid mental picture as I was coming down our stairs of what I thought was smoke all over the place (and thinking fark! hope this old girl holds up for another five minutes...) of course it was masonry dust from building and chimney collapses...

Gidday Henry :)

Yeah the memorys/images are not the best ay....as a veitnam vet would say..."Ive seen some shit"....my ride through central was both challenging....and heart breaking.
Riding over broken buildings, bricks and mud and going past crushed cars & buses with people hurt and scared, was probly the hardest thing Ive done in my life....all I wanted to do was stop and help, but I HAD to reach my partner & son....they were in a 90yr old house that was already damaged from the first quake.
Still can't get the image of the cathedral falling out of my head....watching people running for there lives.....bad day indeed.
....will wear that patch with pride...backed up by some scary mental images.

Thanks again to Eyegasm for arranging these....means ALOT to us.

Eyegasm
11th April 2011, 08:34
Bump

Just letting everyone know that I haven't forgotten about ya!
Still awaiting an email saying the badges have been made.

If you haven't ordered one and would like to, there is still time.

Flick me ya name and I'll add you to the list.

Cheers
Eyegasm

Oakie
11th April 2011, 17:47
Perhaps us Christchurch people should have a ride of our own so show we're still alive? Any good roads left?

Stylo
11th April 2011, 20:00
Perhaps us Christchurch people should have a ride of our own so show we're still alive? Any good roads left?

No roads that I've seen Oakie in fact I'm thinking seriously of trading the 'Busa in for a DR650 or similar , no shit Road Bikes were'nt designed with Earthquakes in mind that's left us with the roads here in Ch Ch. No-ones fault, shit happens I guess.

Must say thanks to the Guys putting this thread together , it means a lot . Cheers:violin:

Oakie
11th April 2011, 20:38
I'm thinking seriously of trading the 'Busa in for a DR650 or similar , no shit Road Bikes were'nt designed with Earthquakes in mind that's left us with tCheers:violin:

I've had similar thoughts. Trouble is if I get a long legged bike Mrs Oakie will need a ladder to climb aboard.

Flip
12th April 2011, 19:57
I have let the tires on the hilux down to 28 psi, its much more comfortable now. I also havent seen any boi racers around for about a month, so there is a silver lining.

StoneY
20th April 2011, 15:41

Yep you should...as for roads.....a mere boat ride away and you can ride the Wairarapa with us! (sorry dude I feel your pain)

Im thinking of one of our BRONZ Wellington Hellovit rides (why ride? For the Hellovit of course!!) becoming a one off poker run, you could come along on that!

:P

I rode my Ducati down to Chch for Charley Lambs presentation last May, was a lovely ride, awesome road even on SH1...pity to hear its all fucked now

Eyegasm
26th April 2011, 08:13
Hi All

Patches will arrive to me before the end of the week.

PM's will be sent to all that ordered with account details.
If you can also reply with your delivery address that would be awesome.

Those that are in Wellington, if you can also send me address details
as I have crashed my bike and unable to deliver to you.

Cheers all.

Quasi
26th April 2011, 12:28
cheers Clint. I may get one of the Welly riders who are coming over on Saturday to dine at the Swan to bring mine, and can i give them the money to take back?

Hawkeye
26th April 2011, 13:02
as I have crashed my bike and unable to deliver to you.

Any update on when do you get the bike sorted mate?

Eyegasm
26th April 2011, 13:59
Any update on when do you get the bike sorted mate?

Dunno, never dealt with insurance before.

Only got the claim form sorted as Kiwibike said they would email it. I wasn't home, and when I finally got home found the claim form, apparently it wouldn't go through email.

So already a bit of a delay...

I can not find a copy of my stupid policy either, so do not know what the excess is.
Don't even know how much it is going to cost to repair. If they write it off (flamin hope not) then I will not be riding till September/October when I upgrade. Not buying another 250...

Eyegasm
2nd May 2011, 11:16
Those that have paid and given an address - Patches are in the post today.

Eyegasm x1
BlackDog x2
Quasi x1
Maha x2===================PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Bald Eagle x1
StoneY x2
Oneofsix x1===============PM SENT---Replied---PAID---DELIVERED
Nudemetalz x2=============PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Shrub x1==================PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Dogsnbikes x 2============PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Flip x1===================PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Fatt Max x1===============PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Gunrunner x2==============PM SENT
Chanceyy x1===============PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
RentaTriumph x2===========PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Taff1954 x1===============PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Stefan (fb) x1
Andrew Martin x1==========EMAIL SENT
Ty Kahu x1================EMAIL SENT
Willytheekid x1===========PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
HenryDorsetCase x1========PM SENT---Replied---PAID---POSTED
Joe Moon (txt) x2
Byron x2--------------------------------------PAID

oneofsix
2nd May 2011, 11:29
Patch looks great to, thanks

StoneY
3rd May 2011, 11:50
Patch looks great to, thanks

catching up with Clint on Thursday so looking forward to seeing our two

theseekerfinds
4th May 2011, 09:13
Hi there eyegasm just wanted to order a couple (2) of the ChCh patches if they're still available.. can you send me the payment details so I can pay for them, I am a newbie on here so can't use the pm facilities yet :-) cheers

Eyegasm
4th May 2011, 11:09
Unfortunately my order has been done.

If you wish to get one of these patches contact Vadernz on trademe.
Here is a link...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Helmets-clothing-footwear/Patches-badges/auction-372899701.htm

Cheers

nudemetalz
5th May 2011, 16:43
My patches were awesome !!
Thanks Eyegasm !! :yes:

Maha
5th May 2011, 16:43
Got mine also, both eyes covered now thanks Clint.

HenryDorsetCase
5th May 2011, 17:37
Mine arrived today, its fantastic. Thanks for organising it Clint!

Fatt Max
5th May 2011, 17:39
Yep, got mine too

Thanks mate

taff1954
5th May 2011, 18:33
Got it.... Thanks mate.

StoneY
13th May 2011, 07:05
Yep we have ours too nice work Clint-a-saurus

Eyegasm
13th May 2011, 08:16
Glad you all like them.

Don't forget, if you were to late to get them off me, give Vadernz on trademe a buzz and see if they have any left.

Cheers
Clint (Not-a-saurus)

Maha
13th May 2011, 08:20
I may have make a sash now ...to go with my Honda patch...:blink: