PDA

View Full Version : Punishment fit the crime?

malfunconz
2nd April 2011, 20:16
its just eating at me ... 6 months off road for dangerous speed of 181 kmph on empty road ,middle of no where , nice guy , but the cop must have been doin over 200 easy to catch up , likely nudged 220 ... sure thats safe as ....I pulled over instantly i realised he was behind me ( hey i just got carried away with the moment ... as ya do ) . But what really eats me is the thousands of defensively driven , safe , courteous miles riden at the speed limit count for nothing ( sure i do speed too , not an angel). A month off road would have done the trick as a lesson , not penalised my family cartin me round for 180 days . . This aint a whinge just a little realisation , i pleaded no contest and never rode/drove the entire time . But now i am back on it and well see no point in the length of disqualification . I thought after the hearing that some public service and defensive or advanced riding course would have been far more beneficial .... not to be , not even given the option . Sooooo this is the crux of the matter .... would it not be better to be given an option and actually get some thing outa it rather than sore knees from all the walking i ve done .

Kickaha
2nd April 2011, 20:24
This aint a whinge

Yes it is you filthy criminal :bleh:

monkeymcbean
2nd April 2011, 20:24
Good grief man, 'suck it up' that was a complete whinge...:facepalm:

FJRider
2nd April 2011, 20:25
Nice sig .... boots on the other foot now ... it would seem ...

superman
2nd April 2011, 20:36
6 months off road

In a 6 month period how often are you pulled over for a license check if you keep within the speed limit? :yes:

Mekk
2nd April 2011, 20:42
But what really eats me is the thousands of defensively driven , safe , courteous miles riden at the speed limit count for nothing

it aint like flybuys bro, you don't get speed credits for sticking to the limits.

Spearfish
2nd April 2011, 20:45
at least 10 characters.

MD
2nd April 2011, 20:45
I didn't think there would be any Saints on KB in a position to criticise. Except the scooter brigade of course.

For what's it worth I agree you were hard done by mate with six months. There but for the grace of God go I, springs to mind.

scumdog
2nd April 2011, 20:55
Ah...suck it up and enjoy it ya whingin' git!

The KB way is not the real life way...

sil3nt
2nd April 2011, 20:56
In a 6 month period how often are you pulled over for a license check if you keep within the speed limit? :yes:When you have a valid license? Never

When your license isn't valid? Everytime you ride.

Question has to be asked why you stopped? Surely if your doing 180kph the cop won't be chasing you for long.

zeocen
2nd April 2011, 21:05
not penalised my family cartin me round for 180 days

You penalised your family champ, not the police.

tigertim20
2nd April 2011, 21:29
its just eating at me ... 6 months off road for dangerous speed of 181 kmph on empty road ,middle of no where , nice guy , but the cop must have been doin over 200 easy to catch up , likely nudged 220 ... sure thats safe as well, if it was safe for YOU to do 181, why wasnt it safe for the cop to do 200? consistency please!!....I pulled over instantly i realised he was behind me ( hey i just got carried away with the moment ... as ya do ) . But what really eats me is the thousands of defensively driven , safe , courteous miles riden at the speed limit count for nothing what about all the times you speed and DIDNT get caught?( sure i do speed too , not an angel). A month off road would have done the trick as a lesson , not penalised my family cartin me round for 180 days . . This aint a whinge just a little realisation if it was just a month, it really wouldnt be much of a fuck off, thats about as long as youd wait for a part to arrive to fix your car/bike half the time, 6 months will fuck you up enough to make you think, a month would be little more than an annoyance, i pleaded no contest and never rode/drove the entire time .good on ya for not making shit worse But now i am back on it and well see no point in the length of disqualification . I thought after the hearing that some public service and defensive or advanced riding course would have been far more beneficial why dont you go do one anyway? I know guys whove been riding for 25+ years and still do them regularly.... not to be , not even given the option . Sooooo this is the crux of the matter .... would it not be better to be given an option and actually get some thing outa it rather than sore knees from all the walking i ve done .
Just be glad its over and you have your licence back man, yes it sucks not having a licence. And yep, Ive lost mine before:shit:, and i felt like a right cunt:facepalm:, so i know how you feel and im not trying preach at ya.:innocent:

FJRider
2nd April 2011, 21:44
I didn't think there would be any Saints on KB in a position to criticise. Except the scooter brigade of course.

For what's it worth I agree you were hard done by mate with six months. There but for the grace of God go I, springs to mind.

Six months ... hard done by ... ??? :blink::blink: 40 km's/hr over the posted limit and its three months automatically ... he was 80 km' over ....

Not in a position to criticise ... :shutup: ... but we are in a position to :killingme

DrunkenMistake
2nd April 2011, 21:46
To be fair, 140km is a loss of license, I dont see how 181 should be any different for one person, I speed often ill admit it, If I get pulled over for speeding then shit on me, no point making excuses about it, Id be fucking gutted to lose my peice of paper that I have now had for 4 weeks because land transport is to slack to send me my proper ID, but I wouldnt make a post about it, and I certainly wouldnt bitch about it, Im a young fella and I hear it often "you young kids just dont know how to take responsibilities for your own actions" to be fair not many people do, if you break the law and get caught, then sucks to be you, harden the fuck up and get over it, you stick to the speed, you do everything by the book every day, time in and time out, then good on you. Hell if I were to count up all the times I stopped at a red light, a stop sign, a give way, parked in proper parks, stuck to the speed limit etc etc, the times I have pulled over to help someone change a tyre, to help someone up off the ground after they have fallen all that shit, then I might as well go stab a bitch and claim a get out of jail free card, You broke the Law, Nut up or shut up.

Virago
2nd April 2011, 22:03
What a pile of self-serving, self-pitying waah-waahs.

Do the crime - do the time. Fuck off and stop whining.

Taz
2nd April 2011, 22:06
Why'd you stop? Oh, Rocket 111, corners coming up were they? :lol:

scumdog
2nd April 2011, 22:09

Yeah, you never stop eh?

But you never have to do runners either eh....

FJRider
2nd April 2011, 22:09

With a cop close enough to get his number ... you figure it out ... :shit:

bogan
2nd April 2011, 22:37
I agree with the sentiments, the punishment doesn't fit the crime, it can be safe to do those speeds, and a 6 month ban is purely deterrent, rather than rehabilitation. If i were one who sped, the only reason I would cap it to about 150 indicated is the loss of license is a bloody big deterrent! The laws seem to be dumbed down to be very black and white to make it fair for all, in their eyes doing 150+ on a safe road is the same as doing 150+ on one with blind corners etc.

Makes it a bastard to tune bikes I'm finding too, how are you supposed to hold it WFO to select a good main jet when you're breaking the speed limit while still in second gear?

Flip
2nd April 2011, 22:56
More whining here than a British Airways 747 full of poms.

:violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::v iolin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::vio lin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violi n::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin: :violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin::v iolin::violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:

Take a man pill and HARDEN THE FUCK UP!

jafar
2nd April 2011, 23:01
its just eating at me ... 6 months off road for dangerous speed of 181 kmph on empty road ,middle of no where , nice guy , but the cop must have been doin over 200 easy to catch up , likely nudged 220 ... sure thats safe as ....I pulled over instantly i realised he was behind me ( hey i just got carried away with the moment ... as ya do ) . But what really eats me is the thousands of defensively driven , safe , courteous miles riden at the speed limit count for nothing ( sure i do speed too , not an angel). A month off road would have done the trick as a lesson , not penalised my family cartin me round for 180 days . . This aint a whinge just a little realisation , i pleaded no contest and never rode/drove the entire time . But now i am back on it and well see no point in the length of disqualification . I thought after the hearing that some public service and defensive or advanced riding course would have been far more beneficial .... not to be , not even given the option . Sooooo this is the crux of the matter .... would it not be better to be given an option and actually get some thing outa it rather than sore knees from all the walking i ve done .

I kind of agree with you in some ways, a defensive driving course before you get your licence back perhaps? Or mabey dropping your licence back to a restricted for a while when you do get it back?
The other penalty you could have got was death or worse. Cars ,tractors or just shit on the road that you can't see @ that speed are a big deterrent for me anyway.:yes:
6 months was light for the speed quoted.:shutup:

malfunconz
3rd April 2011, 16:26
typical replys ,toughen up ...take ya medicine, bullshit , so easy to read some thing and not understand it .Naturally there has to be some back ground to the story .... not a whinge . Only one reply about the alternative types of sentence .... thats what it was all about . I did "suck it up"" , did the time ,any way whatever trevor!

The matter is what good does a disqualification serve . I could have stayed driving and no one would have known the difference . If i was given an order to attend a riding course ..... hey wouldnt that serve a better cause . rather than the usual KB smart arse negative crap use the thread to put out your own ideas .

Hey my own thought to have a reduction in disqualification for attendance at own cost to a rider/driver education course . Surely the end result is to raise awareness and acheive a more positive outcome . I will just sift though the dumb arse replys . Funny that the one guy who replyed to this thread that is a cop was .... well as usual for him ....way off the mark and negative .

malfunconz
3rd April 2011, 16:31
I kind of agree with you in some ways, a defensive driving course before you get your licence back perhaps? Or mabey dropping your licence back to a restricted for a while when you do get it back?
The other penalty you could have got was death or worse. Cars ,tractors or just shit on the road that you can't see @ that speed are a big deterrent for me anyway.:yes:
6 months was light for the speed quoted.:shutup:

yeh i agree , this case you could just park up the bike and still use your car or van . Bloody weird you get busted on the bike and cant use car license either .

scumdog
3rd April 2011, 16:35
yeh i agree , this case you could just park up the bike and still use your car or van . Bloody weird you get busted on the bike and cant use car license either .

Yeah, get done for pissed driving in your car? - then you could use your bike.

Get caught pissed while riding that? - you could use...

Those law makers sure have a funny way of doing things...:blink:

zeocen
3rd April 2011, 16:41
Are you going to continue riding at 180kmph on the road? If not, I'll say the punishment worked out pretty well for everyone.

Stormer
3rd April 2011, 16:43
its just eating at me ....
Dude, you have most certainly come to the wrong place if you want any sympathy or support in relation to a speeding offence.
You`ll get shot down every time by the "take it to the track / don`t speed / suck it up and pay it " crowd.
Like every time.
I guess speeding is a gamble...you win some, and you can most definately lose some.

Owl
3rd April 2011, 16:46
typical replys ,toughen up ...take ya medicine, bullshit , so easy to read some thing and not understand it .Naturally there has to be some back ground to the story .... not a whinge . Only one reply about the alternative types of sentence .... thats what it was all about . I did "suck it up"" , did the time ,any way whatever trevor!

The matter is what good does a disqualification serve . I could have stayed driving and no one would have known the difference . If i was given an order to attend a riding course ..... hey wouldnt that serve a better cause . rather than the usual KB smart arse negative crap use the thread to put out your own ideas .

Hey my own thought to have a reduction in disqualification for attendance at own cost to a rider/driver education course . Surely the end result is to raise awareness and acheive a more positive outcome . I will just sift though the dumb arse replys . Funny that the one guy who replyed to this thread that is a cop was .... well as usual for him ....way off the mark and negative .

Wow..........a whinge about the comments to a whinge.:facepalm:

You're going great!

:corn:

marty
3rd April 2011, 17:43

depends what you were charged with. 'Dangerous Speed' carries a mandatory 6 month disqual. you perhaps should have fought for a reduction to exceeds 100km/h, or careless driving - the sentence options available to the judge for those offences are much greater.

wysper
3rd April 2011, 18:15
Sooooo this is the crux of the matter .... would it not be better to be given an option and actually get some thing outa it rather than sore knees from all the walking i ve done .

Actually that is an interesting point.

(warning - up coming sweeping generalisations and personal opinion)

I guess one of the problems would be that the majority of lets say die hard speeders would only do it to reduce the length of their ban, and probably wouldn't take on any of the pointers in the courses. And probably believe the know better anyway.

The people that would be open and receptive to that maybe don't speed so often and would then also not get the benefit.

I think the problem (for want of a better word) with the regular speeders is they pretty much think their decisions are right. ie I am within my limits, it is safe, the conditions are right, there is no 'real' danger, so it is often hard to change someones viewpoint on their own skill set.

I am lucky that I ride like a nana and can't ride fast anyway so that particular motorcycle danger isn't one I face (and I ride an 883 LOL).

Maybe regular speeders should be sent on ride ons with the ambo and fire crews that clean up the mess?

and as a question to you, are you going to watch your speed more carefully from now on or carry on riding as before, mostly legal with the odd 'fang'?

Gubb
3rd April 2011, 18:41
Would you get anything out of being forced to complete a Defensive Riding course?

Buster
3rd April 2011, 18:42

Mate its PUNISHMENT! Its not meant to be positive! Although after reading your story everyone has been reminded to not do those speeds around police..... You my friend, have just raised the awareness you wanted. :2thumbsup

scumdog
3rd April 2011, 19:21
Funny that the one guy who replyed to this thread that is a cop was .... well as usual for him ....way off the mark and negative .

Since most replies to your first post were 'way off the mark and negative' you'll have to quote which one you are meaning...:blink:

DrunkenMistake
3rd April 2011, 21:27
How is this thread in anyway remotely positive?
You are bleating your gums because you dont think losing your license for 6 months is fair because you were only doing 181km, what the hell do you expect? A fucking lollipop?

tigertim20
3rd April 2011, 22:02

what goid does a disqualification serve?
fuck man.
a licence is a PRIVILEDGE, its not a fucking right. when you get your licence, you know what the rules are. break them, and you lose the priviledge.

If youre sensible enough to think that a defensive or other course of some sort would help you, then YOU should go and do it of your own volition anyway.

Its not the gubbrmints job to teach you how to dive, and its not their job to teach you how not to be a fuckwit on the road.

The gubbermints job is to make the rules, like it or lump it, thats how the story goes.

Stop bitching.

Grahameeboy
3rd April 2011, 22:14
6 months is what you can get for DIC which is far worse......yes 181kph is breaking the law but in the right place it is safer that DIC.....don't ask what speed I did today...it was a straight road somewhere up north..it was a short burst....

I agree accept things...could you not have got a limited licence or was your need low?

Funny how the angels come out on KB:yes:

Mully
3rd April 2011, 22:24
Sometimes, I simply love this place.

Luckylegs
3rd April 2011, 22:29
6 months is what you can get for DIC which is far worse......yes 181kph is breaking the law but in the right place it is safer that DIC.....don't ask what speed I did today...it was a straight road somewhere up north..it was a short burst....

I agree accept things...could you not have got a limited licence or was your need low?

Funny how the angels come out on KB:yes:

Dunno, I reckon my drunk drive home from my mates place 200m down the road at 3:00am this morning was actually pretty safe.... Considering time and place and all

ducatilover
3rd April 2011, 22:48
I have an easy fix, to help realise the danger of speeding I will line up small children in a cute little line on a drag strip without the rider/driver knowing. That'll sort it.

It'd fuck me and all the hypocrisy I spout...I lost my licence for 6 months early last year, didn't cry, moan or whinge, instead I found another way of doing my daily 90km commute, took responsibility and kept going.

caseye
3rd April 2011, 22:58
Actually that is an interesting point.

(warning - up coming sweeping generalisations and personal opinion)

I guess one of the problems would be that the majority of lets say die hard speeders would only do it to reduce the length of their ban, and probably wouldn't take on any of the pointers in the courses. And probably believe the know better anyway.

The people that would be open and receptive to that maybe don't speed so often and would then also not get the benefit.

I think the problem (for want of a better word) with the regular speeders is they pretty much think their decisions are right. ie I am within my limits, it is safe, the conditions are right, there is no 'real' danger, so it is often hard to change someones viewpoint on their own skill set.

I am lucky that I ride like a nana and can't ride fast anyway so that particular motorcycle danger isn't one I face (and I ride an 883 LOL).

Maybe regular speeders should be sent on ride ons with the ambo and fire crews that clean up the mess?

and as a question to you, are you going to watch your speed more carefully from now on or carry on riding as before, mostly legal with the odd 'fang'?

This should be a part of every sentence that should be mandatory for all speeding riders/drivers caught repeatedly.It would work. No question it would work.

As for the offence of doing a paltry 180 odd Klicks per hour, well hey, you got caught, you didn't make application for a work licence so that's that.Defensive driving courses are all well and good but doing one if you had to isn't going to make you a more responsible rider, is it?

awayatc
3rd April 2011, 23:36
. . This aint a whinge just a little realisation .

Realisation that this IS a whinge you little pommy cunt.....
You decided to bend over and take it like a "man"
so stop crying.:facepalm:

Conquiztador
3rd April 2011, 23:47
I think most of you are missing the point. It is not about punishment or trying to teach anyone something.

It is like prison sentences: You have broken a law that is in place. Like it or don't, the law is there. If you do not like the law start work to change it. It might be a crappy poorly thought one. But until it is changed it is the law.

And that brings me to the real point: Like prison sentences are not punishments so aint this either. You have lost your right to drive/ride for 6 months. Keep on doing it and getting caught and you will loose your right to ride/drive even longer. Not to punish you but to make the roads safer.

I have always advocated for this: Once someone does som serious shit (rapes or kills kids etc) they have lost the right to be in society. Lock them away for rest of their life. Has nothing to do with punshment or rehabilitation. And so is this case too. Your right to drive/ride has been revoked for 6 months to make the roads safer.

I might agree with you that it is stoopid. But until you (or someone else) manages to change this law that is what will happen. And yes, I do speed too. And so does many others on here. I did some time ago have a poll and you might find the result interesting. Here: (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/96361-What-speed-are-you-riding-at)

marty
4th April 2011, 06:07
This should be a part of every sentence that should be mandatory for all speeding riders/drivers caught repeatedly.It would work. No question it would work.

As for the offence of doing a paltry 180 odd Klicks per hour, well hey, you got caught, you didn't make application for a work licence so that's that.Defensive driving courses are all well and good but doing one if you had to isn't going to make you a more responsible rider, is it?

Waste of time. I have picked up and hosed off some pretty fucking gruesome things - doesn't stop me.

scumdog
4th April 2011, 06:43
Waste of time. I have picked up and hosed off some pretty fucking gruesome things - doesn't stop me.

Cos most people (particularly young ones) have the mental attitude "Ah, it won't happen to me, it always seems to happen to some other bugger"

They don't think that one day they may be that "some other bugger':yes:

Grahameeboy
4th April 2011, 06:46
Dunno, I reckon my drunk drive home from my mates place 200m down the road at 3:00am this morning was actually pretty safe.... Considering time and place and all

Too hard to walk there eh

Grahameeboy
4th April 2011, 06:50

If we were responsible we would not ride bikes......

Dafe
4th April 2011, 06:57
Sounds like the punishment hit the spot effectively. Anytime I exceed 140, I know the consequences, I'll never moan to anyone if I loose my licence as a result of exceeding 140, because it's solely my decision and the law is clearly stated. Learn to Man up! and take a closer look at those cars sitting behind you the next time you decide to break licence losing speeds. Awareness is an asset.

Grubber
4th April 2011, 06:57
Been done the death these types of thread.
I have my moments where i tend to push along. Quite happy to take the ticket if it happens.
Mind you...i have been doing this for some 30 years and i have only had 2 speeding tickets.
Think the trick is to be smart about where you do it.
Coming on here and bleating aint gonna change anything though.

Luckylegs
4th April 2011, 07:45
Too hard to walk there eh

No harder than say... Riding at the speed limit

awa355
4th April 2011, 12:48
I have a bike parked in the garage looking straight at me. It's a nice day off, and I'm sitting here reading this drivel.

Somebody, SHOOT ME for christ sake. :shit::shit::shit:

jafar
4th April 2011, 12:59
I have a bike parked in the garage looking straight at me. It's a nice day off, and I'm sitting here reading this drivel.

Be carefull what you wish for :2guns:

marie_speeds
4th April 2011, 13:32
What was the point of this thread? :confused:

That's right...... you got caught being naughty :killingme

Punishment fit the crime? Lets face it you didn't plow into a group of cyclists or kill any of them so yeah a bit steep that you got 6 months disqualification :shutup:

ducatilover
4th April 2011, 13:55

Lucky you aren't in Feilding.....
:shit:

tbs
4th April 2011, 14:35
I remember a cop mate of mine telling me about a car crash he had to attend as a young cop. A car had gone off the road killing two adults. Their six year old daughter had been thrown from the wreckage into a field, losing her arm at the shoulder in the process. Arriving at the scene he found her sitting there in deep shock, and he picked her up and held her until she bled out all over his nice blue shirt and died in his arms.

I don't expect Police or lawmakers to ever really develop a sense of humour about speed related accidents, and likewise I don't ever expect them to take what you might consider a more progressive approach to penalizing speeders.

Grahameeboy
4th April 2011, 20:24
No harder than say... Riding at the speed limit

I would say walking 200m instead of driving drunk is a lot easier than keeping to the speed limit.....that guy n Hobsonville died about 200m from his partners house didn't he?

Grahameeboy
4th April 2011, 20:26
What was the point of this thread? :confused:

That's right...... you got caught being naughty :killingme

Punishment fit the crime? Lets face it you didn't plow into a group of cyclists or kill any of them so yeah a bit steep that you got 6 months disqualification :shutup:

I agree in part, however, how does 6 months fit the crime when you get 6 months for DIC...

Unless we can all say we don't speed then we are all naughty but nice

Mully
4th April 2011, 20:34
I agree in part, however, how does 6 months fit the crime when you get 6 months for DIC...

I agree - lets increase the penalty for DIC.

Grahameeboy
4th April 2011, 20:35

Bloody bush lawyers smart arses:innocent:

Luckylegs
4th April 2011, 20:41

...I still don't get it. Why do you get to decide that your choice of law breaking is any more or less dangerous than someone elses. Presuming appropriate time and place of course.

I often find myself indignant at the people who still choose to talk on a mobile while driving on my commute. I have to remind myself that I break at least a handful of laws each time ride.

Grahameeboy
4th April 2011, 20:43
...I still don't get it. Why do you get to decide that your choice of law breaking is any more or less dangerous than someone elses. Presuming appropriate time and place of course.

I often find myself indignant at the people who still choose to talk on a mobile while driving on my commute. I have to remind myself that I break at least a handful of laws each time ride.

Mmmm..it's not that black and white geezer:facepalm:

CookMySock
4th April 2011, 21:00
It's not about road safety, or even about you, and even less about what you do that is right and honest. It's about the fact that the state can rule you like the weak bitch that you are, and that they can take money out of your pocket and put it in theirs without even a tiny squeak from you.

You know, when people start to feel really angry about being treated like vermin by the fucking govt, they might stand up for themselves and tell said govt to roll their fucking rules up and smoke them, but not until. :bye:

miloking
4th April 2011, 23:07
I often find myself indignant at the people who still choose to talk on a mobile while driving on my commute

How is talking to someone on a phone dangerous if using handsfree phone device is not???
Oh you mean not being able to use both arms is dangerous?...so how come people with one arm are legaly alowed to drive? Nope...its not more dangerous its just stupid law thats why...

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 08:26
Mmmm..it's not that black and white geezer:facepalm:

No, i didnt think so either and hence why i questioned your general (read black and white) comment that dic should always carry a higher penalty than something like extreme speeding.

Meh, i dont really care, i doubt we'll agree, i didnt actually drink the other night, nevermind drive. Twas merely to illustrate my point.

...Frankly Id give all convicted DIC'ers prison time but, my feeling is still, doing doing 180 anywhere ( or any time) is definately worthy of 6 months walking.

ducatilover
5th April 2011, 10:15
How is talking to someone on a phone dangerous if using handsfree phone device is not???
Oh you mean not being able to use both arms is dangerous?...so how come people with one arm are legaly alowed to drive? Nope...its not more dangerous its just stupid law thats why...

Don't be so bloody logical.

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 10:37

Its got nothing to do with ones available limbs but rather the lack of attention to things going on around them!

Put simply, Its more dangerous than not using a mobile phone.

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 10:49
Don't be so bloody logical.

Logical... ??? Even applying a modicum of logic or common sence would show that holding a phone up to your ear (given how most do it) will block peripheral vision... We sure that wont affect the dangerousness of the activity ?

ducatilover
5th April 2011, 15:54
Logical... ??? Even applying a modicum or logic or common sence would show that holding a phone up to your ear (given how most do it) will block peripheral vision... We sure that wont affect the dangerousness of the activity ?

Very true.
In that case, because I am basically blind in my left eye, can I use a phone?

miloking
5th April 2011, 16:59
Its got nothing to do with ones available limbs but rather the lack of attention to things going on around them!

Put simply, Its more dangerous than not using a mobile phone.

Ok so for me to accept the mobile use while driving law as not entirely retarded, they also need to ban talking while driving...talking on handsfree, talking to passengers or even just passengers talking to you! Effectively car needs to have mic in a dash and if anybody says a word engine will shut off...

Also they need to ban dogs barking in a car, i find it also very distracting if i drive and my dog starts barking at the cat or person on a footpath :)

ducatilover
5th April 2011, 17:03
In that case, ban great legs, arse and tits, they distract me.

Mokadah
5th April 2011, 17:16

THIS has caused many a rear-end accident.

Uh... you know what I mean.

ducatilover
5th April 2011, 17:22
THIS has caused many a rear-end accident.

Uh... you know what I mean.

Nice double entendre!

Stormer
5th April 2011, 17:24

HA!!
Yeah, hot weather can be hazardous.

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 17:27
HA!!
Yeah, hot weather can be hazardous.

...especially if accompanied (sp) by a cool breeze

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 17:33
Ok so for me to accept the mobile use while driving law as not entirely retarded, they also need to ban talking while driving...talking on handsfree, talking to passengers or even just passengers talking to you! Effectively car needs to have mic in a dash and if anybody says a word engine will shut off...

Also they need to ban dogs barking in a car, i find it also very distracting if i drive and my dog starts barking at the cat or person on a footpath :)

Ah... Milo me old mate, ya see i dont actually give a shit. When i mentioned it this morning i didnt refer to whether i thought it was dangerous or otherwise. Ive only chosen to argue the point cos you chose to take my comment completely out of context. Personally, i see things daily that i would suggest would be better targets than mobile users but hey im not in charge (yet).

Tony W
5th April 2011, 20:28
No, i didnt think so either and hence why i questioned your general (read black and white) comment that dic should always carry a higher penalty than something like extreme speeding.

Meh, i dont really care, i doubt we'll agree, i didnt actually drink the other night, nevermind drive. Twas merely to illustrate my point.

...Frankly Id give all convicted DIC'ers prison time but, my feeling is still, doing doing 180 anywhere ( or any time) is definately worthy of 6 months walking.

Sober drivers actually cause more accidents and deaths in NZ :yes:

marie_speeds
5th April 2011, 20:49

I don't speed :innocent:

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 20:54
Sober drivers actually cause more accidents and deaths in NZ :yes:

Is there a point?

Tony W
5th April 2011, 21:06
Is there a point?

Yes.
You seem to have a problem with DIC road-users, but seem unaware that sober drivers are wreaking most of the havoc.
Please have a go at them too....in the interest of fairness.

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 21:13
Yes.
You seem to have a problem with DIC road-users, but seem unaware that sober drivers are wreaking most of the havoc.
Please have a go at them too....in the interest of fairness.

Oh FFS, is that it?

...out of interest, did you read the whole thread?

Oblivion
5th April 2011, 21:31
Sometimes, I reckon we should take a leaf from Germany, not Australia.

Germany Road deaths: 4468.
German Population; 81802000

Crashes per head of population= 0.005461 (1/200)

New Zealand Road deaths; 375
New Zealand Population; 4406135

Crashes per head of population; 0.008510 (1/117)

They have the Autobahn, where people fly by at unimaginable speeds, and yet they have almost half the amount of crashes we do. Doesn't take a monkey to work out why. Perhaps we have some people that are stupider than monkeys in power at this stage.

Everyones wallet-----> :crybaby:
Grubberment coffers----->:innocent: (secretly :drinkup:)

Instate a few of these eh? :blip: http://www.howtogermany.com/pages/traffic-violations.html

Luckylegs
5th April 2011, 21:40
Sometimes, I reckon we should take a leaf from Germany...

...They have the Autobahn, where people fly by at unimaginable speeds, and yet they have almost half the amount of crashes we do...

yeh... It's got nothin to do with the more stringent licensing and better vehicle fleet has it?

ducatilover
5th April 2011, 22:51
yeh... It's got nothin to do with the more stringent licensing and better vehicle fleet has it?

Of course not
:facepalm::corn:

Grahameeboy
6th April 2011, 06:30
I don't speed :innocent:

On a 250 I would agree:shutup:

Grahameeboy
6th April 2011, 06:34

But in the right place 180 is not dangerous...yeah I know leaving myself open....but seriously it is not...often it's just a quick and short burst and then slow down

Most serious accidents are probably well below 180k...I reckon you would be surprised how many fatals are at a speed less than 100k

I am still alive and I do those short bursts....

marie_speeds
6th April 2011, 09:54
On a 250 I would agree:shutup:

:p:p:p:p:p

marie_speeds
6th April 2011, 09:55
often it's just a quick and short burst and then slow down

Typical Bloke

Toaster
6th April 2011, 09:58
Typical Bloke

Whatever happened to a long journey and a big build up for the big finale??!!

Toaster
6th April 2011, 10:03

There is a time and a place for every circumstance. That is where discretion should be used. I certainly used it.

There was a big difference in my mind between seeing some bikers out on SH16 for a blat on a clear dry road, and a twit racing through a built up area with pedestrians and traffic about.

Grahameeboy
6th April 2011, 10:28
Typical Bloke

No typical cheeky Londoner

Grahameeboy
6th April 2011, 10:29

We are talking bikes arn't we!!

marie_speeds
6th April 2011, 10:49

:love: those

We are talking bikes arn't we!!

Well this is a bike forum so yes we are :yes:

mind in the gutter and it hasn't even gone noon yet :facepalm:

Grahameeboy
6th April 2011, 10:50
:love: those

Well this is a bike forum so yes we are :yes:

mind in the gutter and it hasn't even gone noon yet :facepalm:

You don't know Toaster then.......I am from London so was born in the gutter

ducatilover
6th April 2011, 16:32

I've got the same problem, but, for a reasonable price I fixed it http://nymag.com/lifestyle/sex/annual/2005/15061/

On a serious note, 'tis time and place.