PDA

View Full Version : For those of you

Ocean1
3rd April 2011, 12:55
with any influence on the possibilities offered by this: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/4841666/World-comes-back-to-Springs

For the sake of your sport/passtime/passion make sure it happens, eh?

Cheers.

Motu
3rd April 2011, 14:30
It'd be just like the councilers to give it the thumbs down.In the late '60's and mainly the '70's Western Springs was the highlight of my week.We had the Internationals (like Ole Olsen) come down for our summer season,we got to watch the best in the world on our track...magic nights,just magic.

I'm reading Ivan Mauger's new autobiography The Will to Win at the moment,good to get his perspective after all these years.Briggo has a new book too - he was at Rosebank last month selling and signing them with proceeds to Chch,I'll be reading his one next.

superman
3rd April 2011, 14:38
I would seriously cream my pants if that occurs! Coooome on!

Mully
3rd April 2011, 14:41
Yeah - it'd be nice.

Unlikely, but nice.

Ocean1
3rd April 2011, 19:53
we got to watch the best in the world on our track...magic nights,just magic.

If I remember right it's a 1/3 mile track, an old cycle track. The locals had that advantage over the out of towners.

Wonderful times for a boy out on the town with the old man and an uncle or two...

Motu
3rd April 2011, 21:38
Hometown advantage always applies.One of Maugers ploys was to upset the home team.

steelphoenix
4th April 2011, 14:45
I would seriously cream my pants if that occurs! Coooome on!

+1!

(Though Mully is probably right... :( )

scott411
4th April 2011, 15:16
they tried this at Baypark for this year as well, and then the council would not front the cash to make it happen, and i doubt the new super city will as well,

i hope the do come tho, it would be awesome to watch