PDA

View Full Version : Poor lady. RIP Blair

willytheekid
4th April 2011, 08:28
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4842594/Woman-discovers-partner-dead-at-scene

Im sure I speak for all the KB members when I offer the Love and support from All KBers to his wife family and friends.:love:....his poor wife...words simply cannot describe what she has had to see....so so sad

Ride In Paradise Blair.....were all touched & saddened by this loss and the way it unfolded

FROSTY
4th April 2011, 08:54
Saddened doesn't even come close to how I and his other freinds are feeling right now.
The utter frustration of the situation was that he was riding sensibly,wearing all the correct gear. and one moment of inatention from a car driver ends it.
I've always said any accident is avoidable but I just can't see how he could have done anything different. Except maybee centrepunched the car that pulled out from the soccer club. what biker would actually choose a crash as the best option ?
Funeral details are to be released soon.
Personally I'm struggling to get my head around this 35 year old man they talk about. In my head theres this young kid with a million mad ideas racing around in his head. Talking at a million miles an hour.
Extra heartbreak is that his partner came on the scene and being the person she is was looking to help a downed biker -not knowing it was him.
For those of you that don't know. Blair was the mad scientist that built the turbo gixxer thou that Stroudy was going to race against the racecar at Pukie a year or two back and he built the engine on a few postie bikes.

98tls
4th April 2011, 09:34
RIP fella,thoughts to his loved ones.Very very sad.

willytheekid
4th April 2011, 09:49
Saddened doesn't even come close to how I and his other freinds are feeling right now.
The utter frustration of the situation was that he was riding sensibly,wearing all the correct gear. and one moment of inatention from a car driver ends it.
I've always said any accident is avoidable but I just can't see how he could have done anything different. Except maybee centrepunched the car that pulled out from the soccer club. what biker would actually choose a crash as the best option.
Funeral details are to be released soon.
Personally I'm struggling to get my head around this 35 year old man they talk about. In my head theres this young kid with a million mad ideas racing around in his head. Talking at a million miles an hour.
For those of you that don't know. Blair was the mad scientist that built the turbo gixxer thou that Stroudy was going to race against the racecar at Pukie a year or two back and he built the engine on a few postie bikes.

So sorry for the loss of your friend Frosty......I read this on stuff this morning and noticed even the police where touched by this accident and the circumstances surrounding it......just so sad to hear/read....please give our love to the family and his mates....and once again...so sorry for the loss of your friend

FROSTY
4th April 2011, 10:52
Funeral is to be at Westgate baptist Church at 1.00pm on Thursday 7/4/2011

Edbear
4th April 2011, 11:13
So sorry for the loss of your friend Frosty......I read this on stuff this morning and noticed even the police where touched by this accident and the circumstances surrounding it......just so sad to hear/read....please give our love to the family and his mates....and once again...so sorry for the loss of your friend

+1, what can you say..?

Big Dave
4th April 2011, 11:50
Condolences to all.

He was quite an innovator. That turbo sure was some piece of work hey Frosty.

ducatilover
4th April 2011, 11:56
R.I.P my thoughts and condolences, I too recently lost a close mate due to an inattentive driver, heart breaking stuff.

YellowDog
4th April 2011, 12:05
Condolences to all.

He was quite an innovator. That turbo sure was some piece of work hey Frosty.

Ditto, my wife read the story to me in absolute horror before telling me I should sell my bike.

Sorry Frosty for your loss and to his family and other mates too. I do 'Centre Punch' in such a situation. Over the years I've done it on a push bike, a motorbike and also a car. My present ABS bike has stopped me twice now prior to an expected impact.

As already stated, it is very hard to change instinctive reactions to avoid a collision by doing whatever it takes.

So sad.

Paul in NZ
4th April 2011, 12:07
Yup - I read that and felt moved by it all and not just because of the bike type either - it just seemed more than usually unfair and so very sad... Damn shame....

Paul in NZ
4th April 2011, 12:09
Ditto, my wife read the story to me in absolute horror before telling me I should sell my bike.

Sorry Frosty for your loss and to his family and other mates too. I do 'Centre Punch' in such a situation. Over the years I've done it on a push bike, a motorbike and also a car. My present ABS bike has stopped me twice now prior to an expected impact.

As already stated, it is very hard to change instinctive reactions to avoid a collision by doing whatever it takes.

So sad.

Every situation is different my friend - dont over think it, just slow down and enjoy what you have while you have it.

hellokitty
4th April 2011, 18:48
:love: Tragic that his partner was there trying to help a "biker down" only to find that it was her partner, but I guess at least she got to be there to say goodbye :love:
I dunno, horrible tragedy however you look at it...

chanceyy
4th April 2011, 19:41

+ 2, Condolences to family & friends

Brian d marge
4th April 2011, 19:56
+1, what can you say..?
plus 1 as well
my sympathies for all

Stephen

GSXRjohn
5th April 2011, 00:38
I have known Blair for 20+ years and was out for a spin on Saturday late afternoon running in my GSXR1000 L1, I came across the accident coming back down Hobby Road towards Greenhithe. I was the last person to leave well after dark. It was not an easy ride home.

Blair mate you are going to missed by many people, My thoughts are with your Family and friends. See you Thursday afternoon 1pm

John

Here is a link off to Blairs Facebook page,

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1183337659

GSXRjohn
5th April 2011, 09:02
Further to this the media has got it incorrect (as per normal)

Blair was not run over by the vehicle coming the other way, The Nissan Patrol only ran over his bike

John

White trash
5th April 2011, 10:06
This is terribly sad, sad news. Blair was a very interesting character, head full of ideas and some mean skills to back those ideas up. He was extremely kind to me a few years back and let me have a thrash on his mad, mad GSXR turbo at Meremere, one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in my 28 years of riding.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

R.I.P Blair.

nudemetalz
6th April 2011, 10:15
RIP Blair very sad.

GSXRjohn
6th April 2011, 11:15
This is terribly sad, sad news. Blair was a very interesting character, head full of ideas and some mean skills to back those ideas up. He was extremely kind to me a few years back and let me have a thrash on his mad, mad GSXR turbo at Meremere, one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in my 28 years of riding.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

R.I.P Blair.

Yes the K4 GSXR1000 was a beast I got to take her for a ride around Devonport

A true master peice

John

FROSTY
7th April 2011, 07:35
A reminder for all those that knew Blair His Funeral is 1.00 pm today

Riff Raff
7th April 2011, 08:53
So very sad to hear this news. From memory I met him at a trackday at Pukekohe about 5 years ago (think I was doing ambulance for it) and mentioned the Stunt and Dragwars that I was organising at Meremere. He was pretty quick getting in touch and was one of the first to sign up for it. That turbo GSXR was awesome.

RIP Blair and huge condolances to his loved ones and friends.