PDA

View Full Version : Slightly sick Rge150

jimdaworm
26th June 2005, 13:08
Hi everyone :)

I got my handeling certificate yesterday so I decided to put my bike back to bits. I had just pulled the fairing and petrol tank off to check everything out and and oil up everything I could find.

I must admit I did poke around a little but didnīt undo anything else.

I put it all back togeather and the first thing I noticed is that the left front inticator is always on solid (When the bike is running) appart from when I actually but the left idicators on and both left ones blink or the right ones blink when I put them on too.

Second petrol seems to be leaking out of a small pipe that comes from what looks like the caburator to the road.

Any ideas for fixing either of these issues :whistle:

I can take a photo of the small pipe that goes to the road if it helps.

Even better if someone who lives in wellington wants to come by and help :drinkup:

BNZ
26th June 2005, 13:12
Hi everyone :)

I got my handeling certificate yesterday so I decided to put my bike back to bits. I had just pulled the fairing and petrol tank off to check everything out and and oil up everything I could find.

I must admit I did poke around a little but didnīt undo anything else.

I put it all back togeather and the first thing I noticed is that the left front inticator is always on solid (When the bike is running) appart from when I actually but the left idicators on and both left ones blink or the right ones blink when I put them on too.

Second petrol seems to be leaking out of a small pipe that comes from what looks like the caburator to the road.

Any ideas for fixing either of these issues :whistle:

I can take a photo of the small pipe that goes to the road if it helps.

Even better if someone who lives in wellington wants to come by and help :drinkup:

Where in wellington?

GROOMER
26th June 2005, 13:21
I've seen this bike when it was for sale. I noticed the indicator lamps on full-time..maybe a safety feature??
As for fuel..it will be the overflow from the carb bowls...You'll need to reset the float level, and make sure the needle/valve are clean and sealing properly.

jimdaworm
26th June 2005, 14:19
Hi!
I am in Central Wellington. Close to wellington High School.

Why would the carb need to be changed?? I didn't touch it. All I did to take the petrol take off was undo the two hoses one petrol and the other I am not sure what it was but I put them back on.

I am just a bit iffy about pulling the carb off and appart as I have pulled an rg50 one appart heaps of times but it didn't have all this complicated oil mixture stuff on it and I am afriad if I screw that up I will seaze the bike or somthing :no:

BNZ
26th June 2005, 14:38
Hi!
I am in Central Wellington. Close to wellington High School.

Why would the carb need to be changed?? I didn't touch it. All I did to take the petrol take off was undo the two hoses one petrol and the other I am not sure what it was but I put them back on.

I am just a bit iffy about pulling the carb off and appart as I have pulled an rg50 one appart heaps of times but it didn't have all this complicated oil mixture stuff on it and I am afriad if I screw that up I will seaze the bike or somthing :no:

Jim txt me your address to 027 5800 677. I live just down tory st so can come have a look.

jimdaworm
26th June 2005, 15:11
That would be great. I sent you a text

jimdaworm
26th June 2005, 16:58
It looks like the idicators is just a safty thing both the front ones seem to be lit up all the time unless I actually put the indicators on.

The fuel problem seems to have gone away. I might have been cause I left the petrol turned on and the carb got flooded before I started it??

MoFunthanmost
26th June 2005, 17:05
:weird: dude, i told you not to play with it! got it goin again?

Aiolos
26th June 2005, 17:20
The indicators shouldn't stay on. It happened to me once, but that was after I rode through knee high water.

jimdaworm
26th June 2005, 17:48
Dam

I guess its the little box that makes the power go on and off thats sticking then. Do you know where it is and what it looks like??

GROOMER
26th June 2005, 19:48
The flasher relay is prob on the tail section on the side of the bike under the seat. Will be black or silver box.
If you turn the indicators on, you can *possibly* hear the relay clicking so should be easy to find

jimdaworm
27th June 2005, 08:07
Yeah I actually tried turning them on and listening for the click but it seemed to be comming more from the middle/battery area of the bike... only thing even with the ticking noise I couldnt track it down properly :mad: I will have another go when i get somtime (And its not raining!)

DingDong
27th June 2005, 13:17
When you oiled everything up... did you use electrical CRC on the electrics or just normal CRC (or am I on the wrong track)

We learn from our errors... keep poking around, you'll eventually learn something (mabey not to poke around)

jimdaworm
27th June 2005, 20:31
I just used oil :whistle: I guess I was poking around cause I wanted to make sure anything that needs fixing gets fixed so I am not out in the middle of nowhere and break down :no:

Beemer
30th June 2005, 11:21
It's probably got Visi-lights - the indicators stay on all the time apart from when you use them, when only one flashes. I had them fitted to my RG150 - don't say you've got my old bike!

BNZ
30th June 2005, 14:02
It's probably got Visi-lights - the indicators stay on all the time apart from when you use them, when only one flashes. I had them fitted to my RG150 - don't say you've got my old bike!

Thats what it does.

jimdaworm
30th June 2005, 17:58
Yeah thats exactly what it does :clap: What was your old bikes rego??

ZorsT
30th June 2005, 21:07
Yeah thats exactly what it does :clap: What was your old bikes rego??

67TYL

link here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=275849&postcount=16

jimdaworm
30th June 2005, 21:35
Thanks my bike :Punk: 657TYL