PDA

View Full Version : Hayabusa crankcase/transmission question

centaurus
6th April 2011, 22:34
Hy guys,

Last week while going to work my 2002 busa transmission started making loud noised. I stopped the bike immediately and trailered it home.

When opening the clutch cover I discovered that one of the screws holding the clutch plates (the screws with springs) somehow unscrewed itself and let loose in my gearbox.

Except for a few dings on the inside of the clutch cover, no other damage. However, the question is how far have the metal bits and shavings made it through my transmission.

Does anybody know whether there is any separation between the clutch chamber and the rest of the gearbox, or oil flows freely. I wouldn't remove and take apart the whole engine unless I have no choice (removing the engine and splitting the crank case is no 5 minute job :shutup:

AllanB
6th April 2011, 22:40
BUGGER

Had the clutch been off recently or is it just a freak occurrence?

I guess you could start with dropping the sump and having a CSI look in the internals - if it is full of metal ..........

centaurus
6th April 2011, 23:07
BUGGER

Had the clutch been off recently or is it just a freak occurrence?

I guess you could start with dropping the sump and having a CSI look in the internals - if it is full of metal ..........

I've had the bike for almost 30000k and haven't touched anything in the engine or transmission during this time.