PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

Motoracer
8th December 2003, 12:36
1) That track time during the BBQ weekend in December 2003, is it on the 20th the Saturday or the 21st the Sunday?

2) Is this one of them motorcycle only track times where you pre book and pay lots of money or is just a casual $80 track day?

3) Can one of the racer guys/gals please do me a favour and list down all the things required by a race bike to make it race legal? eg. no side/center stands on the bike allowed, all the hoses must go into some sort of a container etc.

bluninja
8th December 2003, 13:44
Tracktime is on Sunday 21st and is a bikes only day, complete with marshalls, lunch, and people to show you the way round. It also has safety bales, as per the races; unlike the practise days where there are no mrashalls, and no bales. Should you slide off the track it's straight into the armco.

As for bike prep, you've got the basics. Best ask an expert rather than me though.

TTFN 

750Y
8th December 2003, 14:03
Originally posted by bluninja
Tracktime... complete with... people to show you the way round.

ie.. clockwise, lol, or was that anti-clockwise?, oh what the hell its all good 8-)

Motoracer
8th December 2003, 14:09
Cheers blue! One more question thoe, how much is it. I heard some where that its cheaper if you prebook and if you turn up on the day, it will cost heaps. Is that ture? If so, what are the figures?

Thanx :)

bluninja
8th December 2003, 16:28
Seems you've missed the cutoff....you could always contact them direct and plead your case. Cost is $130 before cutoff $200 on the day.

Tracktime Link (http://www.northacc.co.nz/track.html)

Motoracer
8th December 2003, 16:43
Thanx again man but $200 bucks?? :gob:

I'll see if I can get away with the $130, otherwise bugger that, I'd rather go to a practice one and save money for fuel, tyres etc.

wkid_one
8th December 2003, 17:40
I personally wouldn't bother with TT - you get just as much if not more from an Open Testing Session.

bluninja
8th December 2003, 17:52
.......except if you fall off, you're reliant on another rider spotting your fall and going to get help, assuming they don't fall over you in the first place. A test day is perhaps less dangerous than fanging at 11/10ths on the road, but a track time has more saftey measures in place; and perhaps some more knowledgable racers around to assist. $200 is probably too much for me too. I'll wait a month and do the race at Taupo.

TTFN

wkid_one
8th December 2003, 18:05
Someone has binned it everytime  I have gone to the track for the Open Testing Sessions - and the other riders have been gr8.

As for riding 11/10th's on the road - that is just stupid

merv
8th December 2003, 18:15
Originally posted by wkid_one
As for riding 11/10th's on the road - that is just stupid

Yeah who the hell would do that?