PDA

View Full Version : Quick blat & thanks to Limmy

Drunken Monkey
26th June 2005, 16:13
Firstly, thanks to Limmy, for driving past while I was 'broken down', letting me know his place was only a short push up the street and letting me do some 'repairs' on my machine.

Anyway, for those who actually care what other kb'ers get up to, I went for a short solo blat on this fine, but chilly, day. Route took me from home, through Botany, Maraetai, Clevedon, through the Hunuas, through the gorge to papakura then back home. Conditions were generally excellent, but if you do plan to go that way in the near future, beware of 2 things:
1) The downhill/south side of some of the hills are in near permanent shade, and can have some slippery sections.
2) There are some awkward potholes near the end of the gorge run.
Bike stopped all of a sudden about a klick from home. Wouldn't start, couldn't even get the dash to light up - it would keep shutting itself down. Anyway, to cut long and silly story short, a quick investigation under the seat at Limmy's place showed the -ve terminal on the battery was not screwed down properly since my last nosey around. A quick recharge later, I was back on the road.

N4CR
26th June 2005, 16:20
Hey.. think I saw you lot.. were you with a couple of duccis?

I was on the blue/white zxr and with a red cbr going up above botany (don't know the area well).

Drunken Monkey
26th June 2005, 20:45
Hey.. think I saw you lot.. were you with a couple of duccis?

I was on the blue/white zxr and with a red cbr going up above botany (don't know the area well).

Us lot? Nope, must've been someone else, hence "I went for a short solo blat "

Zed
26th June 2005, 21:29
Firstly, thanks to Limmy, for driving past while I was 'broken down', letting me know his place was only a short push up the street and letting me do some 'repairs' on my machine.Great day for a ride 2day DM, bummer u broke down but glad u got it sorted! :ride:

Top marks Limmy!! Hey Limmy, yesterday we saw several Courier Post vans on our way to Maungawhai Heads and one of them made a very 'suspect' manoeuvre to the right side of the road - crazy courier drivers eh!!