PDA

View Full Version : Hey all (Tick‎)

Tick
7th April 2011, 17:38
Hey everyone,
Been trawling BK for awhile now but only recently joined. Been biking for a year now mostly on my Honda CB250 hornet '98. Poor thing took a fall in the Feb 22nd eq so now it has become my wee lab rat. Wondering if I should bother sinking money into it or just running it to the ground.
Recently acquired an Aprilia RS250 which has been eff'n awesome :love: Wrists and back just getting used to it after 2 weeks of riding.

Well, that's about it for myself. Will probably post pics of my two babies at some stage, been putting it off as silt dust on bikes makes for poor pictures.

Tick

cromagnon
7th April 2011, 17:40
I like BK too, welcome to kiwibiker

Edbear
7th April 2011, 17:57
Welcome aboard! You've got one of the two best ever sports bikes! The other IMHO is the Suzuki GSX-R750.

Do make sure you look after it though, they'll be a collector's item in the future!

tigertim20
7th April 2011, 18:11
Hey everyone,
Been trawling BK for awhile now but only recently joined. Been biking for a year now mostly on my Honda CB250 hornet '98. Poor thing took a fall in the Feb 22nd eq so now it has become my wee lab rat. Wondering if I should bother sinking money into it or just running it to the ground.
Recently acquired an Aprilia RS250 which has been eff'n awesome :love: Wrists and back just getting used to it after 2 weeks of riding.

Well, that's about it for myself. Will probably post pics of my two babies at some stage, been putting it off as silt dust on bikes makes for poor pictures.

Tick

Gday and welcome!!

Well, about the Hornet, thats going to depend on what damage is done, and how much mechanical ability you have.
Id suggest posting some pictures of the damage so we can see whats fugged on it. Then you can figure out what its worth as is, vs what it will cost you to fix, and what youd get for it after that. alternatively, look at what it will cost to turn it into a track bike for some fun times!

EJK
7th April 2011, 18:12
Welcome to KiwiBurger Forum<sup>TM</sup> - The home of experts and geniuses. Where you will find your answers to all your questions.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker, you can make it anywhere.

:sunny:

marie_speeds
8th April 2011, 06:58
I like BK too, welcome to kiwibiker

That burger with the onion rings is just so yummy :love:

Welcome to KB Tick.... :sunny:

over5tayer
8th April 2011, 08:40
That burger with the onion rings is just so yummy :love:

Welcome to KB Tick.... :sunny:

:shit:, i thought i was the only one that knew about the mIgHtY ONION RING BURGER!!!!

welcome tick, sorry to hear about the CB250 - post some pics up :yes:

Bren
8th April 2011, 10:52
I prefer their $10.00 after dark meal....mmmm Burgers

Welcome to KB!

EJK
8th April 2011, 14:42
Maybe the OP is confused with KB's Bakery?

YellowDog
8th April 2011, 14:50
:shit:, i thought i was the only one that knew about the mIgHtY ONION RING BURGER!!!!

welcome tick, sorry to hear about the CB250 - post some pics up :yes:

That new Chicken one is pretty damn good too!

Oh, and welcome to the Kiwi Burger website.

CB250's a pretty damn good bike. Do it up if you can do it cheaply.

Must go, all this talk of food has made me hungry :yes:

Tick
13th April 2011, 08:58
Haha thanks all for the warm welcome... I need to grab some brekkie soon :)

At the time of original posting, my Hornet had been sitting with Hampton Honda. It is now back with me after a $200+ bill for draining the carbs, replacing an o-ring to fix coolant leakage (+ replacement of coolant). All that's required is the replacement of the handlebar and air filter which I'm going to try source from trademe or ebay. The work done was something I could've done if I had a garage which wasn't full of silt.

Riding the Hornet back from Honda felt boring and flat. Wouldn't matter how much I opened that throttle, it just wouldn't fly T.T That RS250 is like a bad addiction

I'l take some pictures of my babies this evening after washing xD

EDIT: Weather is crap, looks like rain. Have taken some pics anyhow