PDA

View Full Version : See you in Tauranga Sunday, Easter Egg Run

Old Steve
8th April 2011, 19:47
Come to Tauranga on Sunday. Why?

1. Some nice runs to get there. Come over the Kaimais, curve through the gorges, pass over Pyes Pa Road, or wend up The Old Coach Road from the east.

2. Put some money towards the TECT Trust Rescue Helicopter, you never know when you might need their help.

3. Ride with 500 or more bikes through downtown Mount Maunganui and on to Tauranga.

4. It's going to be a fantastic weekend in the north of the North Island, Tauranga looks like having sunny blue skies and mid-twenties temperatures on Sunday.

Meet in Nikau Crescent, Mt Maunganui, from 11.00 am Sunday 10th April, run leaves at mid-day. Nikau Crescent is off Maunganui Road just before the Saulsbury Road roundabout, almost opposite the cinemas in down town Mount.

See you there.

Oblivion
8th April 2011, 20:40
Come to Tauranga on Sunday. Why?

1. Some nice runs to get there. Come over the Kaimais, curve through the gorges, pass over Pyes Pa Road, or wend up The Old Coach Road from the east.

2. Put some money towards the TECT Trust Rescue Helicopter, you never know when you might need their help.

3. Ride with 500 or more bikes through downtown Mount Maunganui and on to Tauranga.

4. It's going to be a fantastic weekend in the north of the North Island, Tauranga looks like having sunny blue skies and mid-twenties temperatures on Sunday.

Meet in Nikau Crescent, Mt Maunganui, from 11.00 am Sunday 10th April, run leaves at mid-day. Nikau Crescent is off Maunganui Road just before the Saulsbury Road roundabout, almost opposite the cinemas in down town Mount.

See you there.

Would be a great idea, if I had petrol money to spare :yes:

cave weta
8th April 2011, 21:02
Absolutely Ill be there- with knobs on!
well no Knobs... Ill leave the KTM at home and bring the Dinnington.:sunny:

bones135
9th April 2011, 08:17
Great idea & sounds like a real fun day....if todays weather is anything to go by, it will be a blast. As for me though, not currently having a bike is probably the limiting factor:angry: Still for the rest of you that do go, i hope you have a ball & i am sooooo envious.
Take care :)

Old Steve
9th April 2011, 21:31
C'mon the rest of you. The weatherman says it'll be 22 deg C and fine in the BOP tomorrow. Today was fantastic, just made for motorbiking.

Leave Auckland, breakfast at Ngatea, at The Talisman at Karangahake or at Browney's just passed Katikati, pull into Nikau Cres about 11.00 am. Leave the TECT helicopter base around 1.30 or 2.00, over the Kaimais and through Tahuna, cuppa coffee and a sannie at the Pokeno bacon Shop in Mercer, then just a little squeeze and you're home.

N.B. A not widely publicised 4 km/hr tolerance level is in place on the Kaimais over winter. I should make a separate post about that.