PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Black Street Triple 675 R

C.Linnell
10th April 2011, 10:41
Yep, looks like my brand new Triumph is gone.

It's a Black 2011 Triumph Street Triple R (with the gold wheels), rego A2FYM. A little over 3000km on the clock. Stolen from outside 138 Kohimarama Road sometime after 9pm Saturday 9th April and 9am Sunday 10th April (that's today).

Police report filed, insurance claim going through on Monday.

You can get me on 021 044 2524 if you see it. Or if you see the bastard who took it, let me know and we'll organise a group visit.

P.S my girlfriend's bike, a CBR125, was found lying in the middle of the road outside the same house the previous night. Obviously an attempted theft, I'd say. I'd given her a lift to my place so she wasn't around. The cops put it right side up, looked her up, found her address, and knocked on the door. Obviously she wasn't home.

If they had called her to let her know, I'd never have parked my bike in front of the house.

oldrider
10th April 2011, 10:56
Group visits and personal restorative justice seems to be the only way these days! :brick:

Even when Police do their job "arsehole lawyers and judges" get/let them off to do it all again! :facepalm:

Crime: New Zealand's fastest growing industry! :yes:

PS: Sorry to hear that and hope you get it back in one piece!

bsasuper
10th April 2011, 11:07
Thats sucks, I NEVER leave my bikes outside overnight, on the street?, NO WAY.I had a bike stolen about 10 years ago, i've been very wary ever since.

Little Miss Trouble
10th April 2011, 11:57
I drove past there on Friday night at about 9:30pm and the CBR was still upright then. I cringed at the parking spot though because it wouldn't take much for someone in a car to not notice it and knock it over :facepalm:

shrub
10th April 2011, 12:02
i grew up in the days when bikes got stolen like wet weather gear leaked, especially Trumpies - a mate had his bonnie stolen from his bedroom while he was in the lounge drinking piss. I never leave my bike outside overnight, especially on the street and carry a very high quality D lock with me - I have built a little bracket for it so it clips under the seat - whenever I park my bike for any length of time I whip that through the forks. Won't stop the serious thief, but will make nicking my bike too much of a mission for the casual thief.

Insurance is one thing, but money never replaces a good bike.

C.Linnell
10th April 2011, 12:11
Thanks guys.

The way the Triumph was parked it couldn't have been wheeled away, only lifted. Extra locking would have been moot. I only leave it outside on that odd day I'm in Kohi - otherwise it's safely locked in my garage.

The CBR is parked precariously, I know. Phoebe knows it too but it's a horrendous road for parking on. That's why I park(ed) mine on the pavement flush with the fence.

Latte
10th April 2011, 12:24
Thanks guys.

The way the Triumph was parked it couldn't have been wheeled away, only lifted. Extra locking would have been moot. I only leave it outside on that odd day I'm in Kohi - otherwise it's safely locked in my garage.

The CBR is parked precariously, I know. Phoebe knows it too but it's a horrendous road for parking on. That's why I park(ed) mine on the pavement flush with the fence.

Christian! Sucks to hear it's gone.... I'd loan you my NSR for as long as you need but it had a wee lie down on the track yesterday. I can get it rideable this week hopefully if you get stuck.

Stink stink stink. :(

C.Linnell
10th April 2011, 12:28
Christian! Sucks to hear it's gone.... I'd loan you my NSR for as long as you need but it had a wee lie down on the track yesterday. I can get it rideable this week hopefully if you get stuck.

Stink stink stink. :(

Man, that would be awesome - definitely a big help until I'm back on the road.

Speaking of which, any damage to the rider?

Blinkwing
10th April 2011, 12:43
Whaaaaaaaaat, on Kohimarama road? D:

That sucks, hope you get it back unmolested. :(

sil3nt
10th April 2011, 13:08
Thieves should lose a finger or two. Repeat offenders lose hands.

Or just shoot them.

YellowDog
10th April 2011, 13:12
Group visits and personal restorative justice seems to be the only way these days! :brick:

There wouldn't be much difficulty getting volunteers to help administer the required group therapy :no:

Oblivion
10th April 2011, 13:13

Or just shoot them.

They actually do that in Muslim culture. I guess thats they have so little thieves around :shit:

Anyway, I do hope you get your bike back. Give em' a good kick in the nads for their efforts aswell.

Latte
10th April 2011, 16:35
Man, that would be awesome - definitely a big help until I'm back on the road.

Speaking of which, any damage to the rider?

Nah I'm good actually - hardly felt a thing it was quite funny. When the bike started moving away from me I realised I'd actually been sliding for about 1/2 a second (still going round the corner I thought) - went for another 2-3 seconds I think (felt like aaaaages) then plonked into the sand trap. Leathers held up real good - thanks Quasi.

And you're in luck, spent a couple of hours pulling the sand and crap out of the bike and putting everything back together. It's rideable, and doesn't look toooo bad, have taped up the cracked bits (same parts that were already broken) and all the lights and mirrors etc were unbroken once I cleaned it up. Gime a txt and we'll sort you out.

Elysium
10th April 2011, 18:17
Thats sucks, I NEVER leave my bikes outside overnight, on the street?, NO WAY.I had a bike stolen about 10 years ago, i've been very wary ever since.

And the fact most insurance companies either refuse to cover or bump up the cost you pay if you choose to park it outside.

Hopefuly the thieves will be caught by the bikers first and then handed over to the police still breathing claiming he fell.

Latte
10th April 2011, 18:21
Well he's back on a bike again at least - left my place in a cloud of blue smoke. 1st time on a kick start bike so that didn't go too well, but he is mobile.

Fingers crossed his bike turns up. It's a very nice machine - and I hadn't had a ride on it yet either :(

cold comfort
10th April 2011, 18:30
i grew up in the days when bikes got stolen like wet weather gear leaked, especially Trumpies - a mate had his bonnie stolen from his bedroom while he was in the lounge drinking piss.

Mate of mine had his nicked from the garage while he slept above-it was locked, parked across the end of the garage and a station wagon parked between it and the door. There must have been enough of them to pass it over the top of the car.
If only they could expend that much energy working for a living! Agree rough justice is in order due to the scumbag lawyers being paid legal aid by US the ripped off tax payers!

Geeen
10th April 2011, 19:23

I'll help.:angry::angry::bash: Nicking other peoples stuff ain't cool..

GPXchick
10th April 2011, 19:29
Sorry to hear about your bike, A** holes!

Some one decided to try and steal a bike from down the road over the weekend too. NOT COOL.

Toaster
10th April 2011, 19:38

Or just shoot them.

If only! I'd vote for it and sharpen the axe.

Oblivion
10th April 2011, 21:55
If only! I'd vote for it and sharpen the axe.

Medieval style? Or are they too good for that? :innocent:

bsasuper
10th April 2011, 22:07
Performance bikes mag did an article on a group of bikers who bait thieves, (they were using a speed triple as bait) parked on the street, bikers were parked up in a van ready to grab when someone took the bait.It happened, thief dragged back into van then beaten to a pulp and bones broken, was told to spread the word then kicked out, bike and van moved to new location and trap reset.

oldrider
10th April 2011, 22:50
Performance bikes mag did an article on a group of bikers who bait thieves, (they were using a speed triple as bait) parked on the street, bikers were parked up in a van ready to grab when someone took the bait.It happened, thief dragged back into van then beaten to a pulp and bones broken, was told to spread the word then kicked out, bike and van moved to new location and trap reset.

Nice but did it make any noticeable difference yet, did they say?

Cut off little toes first followed by little fingers for repeat offenders, we don't want to increase our collective ACC expenses do we!

Maybe do Nick Smith over first as a public example to the bad guys!

Nick won't mind, he's a very public spirited kind of guy. :yes:

Ducky848
10th April 2011, 22:51

Fuck yes. Id pay for the video.

racefactory
10th April 2011, 23:17
That fucking sucks. I have a bike you can use if you want mate, I'm on the shore.

racefactory
10th April 2011, 23:22

Do you know what issue that was?

Performance bikes mag fucking rocks.

Chancebmx25
10th April 2011, 23:32
Hope for the best soz to hear about it.

aprilia_RS250
11th April 2011, 08:31
This makes me want to get a GPS unit hidden in my bike that will give me the location of the bike every few seconds when being moved by sending text messages with coordinates. Anyone here got one of those?

That way I'll be able to deal with the thief my way with my eastern european mates...

monkey99
11th April 2011, 09:36
This makes me want to get a GPS unit hidden in my bike that will give me the location of the bike every few seconds when being moved by sending text messages with coordinates. Anyone here got one of those?

That way I'll be able to deal with the thief my way with my eastern european mates...

sorry to hear the Bike was lifted fella :angry:
Low jacks have not been to popular but the items your after can be bought around Europe & North America. better & easier to get an immobiliser and a D Ring cemented into the garage/parking spot.

though nothing will deter some Crims. I Find A strobe flash, High decibel siren, triggered of an IR monitor in the garage is enough to prevent the theft. You could probably gerry rig a Prepay unit to send a txt when triggered (not sure how though)

When the crim is caught, may i recommend handing over to a sadist for questioning. Local butcher, politician or secondary school teacher a good place to start :innocent:

Hellzie
11th April 2011, 09:44
Hope you get your bike back mate, but most of all, I hope the douche bags that stole it die a slow painful death.

Timmeh:P
11th April 2011, 09:58
Sorry to hear!!!

I would be inconsolable if I lost my Striple! Ill keep a good look out for it, and will also keep an eye on Trademe as well.

Would be a good idea to contact all the Triumph dealers as well. The c&*%ts that stole it might try and flog off the parts.

C.Linnell
11th April 2011, 10:00
Thanks for all the support, people - it's nice to have an angry mob backing me up :angry:

Hiss' NSR is running well (started on the second kick this morning... possibly because Wanpo was watching and I had to look cool).

@racefactory, thanks for the offer - I might take you up on it depending on how long the NSR is available.

I'm going to spend some time thinking of a good way to secure my next bike when I'm forced to park it where there are garages or tie-down points. Self-powered motion-activated GPS is one idea.

C.Linnell
11th April 2011, 10:01
Would be a good idea to contact all the Triumph dealers as well. The c&*%ts that stole it might try and flog off the parts.

Nice idea. I'll get on that now.

monkey99
11th April 2011, 11:18
Yep, looks like my brand new Triumph is gone.

It's a Black 2011 Triumph Street Triple R (with the gold wheels), rego A2FYM. A little over 3000km on the clock. Stolen from outside 138 Kohimarama Road sometime after 9pm Saturday 9th April and 9am Sunday 10th April (that's today)

Is that your Gal getting into the car (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=138+Kohimarama+Road,+auckland+%27Google+map s%27&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=138+Kohimarama+Rd,+Auckland+1071,+Auckland&gl=nz&ll=-36.856308,174.836233&spn=0.011898,0.01929&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=-36.85622,174.836266&panoid=0TbvcaMavkx0xkU5MqmCAg&cbp=12,149.81,,0,15.82)? sorry, had to ask, good looker :yes: when you get on the street side look.

I know that won't replace the Stripple but...

Indiana_Jones
11th April 2011, 11:38
Sorry to here that mate. Hopefully they catch the cunt....:angry:

-Indy

C.Linnell
11th April 2011, 11:51
Is that your Gal getting into the car (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=138+Kohimarama+Road,+auckland+%27Google+map s%27&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=138+Kohimarama+Rd,+Auckland+1071,+Auckland&gl=nz&ll=-36.856308,174.836233&spn=0.011898,0.01929&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=-36.85622,174.836266&panoid=0TbvcaMavkx0xkU5MqmCAg&cbp=12,149.81,,0,15.82)? sorry, had to ask, good looker :yes: when you get on the street side look.

I know that won't replace the Stripple but...

Haha! No, that's not her, but the bike was parked on the pavement behind her head.

CatTheBrat
11th April 2011, 13:05

Or just shoot them.

I say smash ankles with a sledgehammer (Cathy Bates styles in Misery) then chop a finger off for each offence. Fuckers. Makes me so mad, especially when it happens to a friend :mad:

Insanity_rules
11th April 2011, 14:54
That sucks, hope they catch the scum. Count me in for the personal visit if you get the chance.

Grubber
11th April 2011, 15:10
Not bein picky or anything,but did you say it was parked on the foot path??
Would that be takin a bit of a risk perhaps. I wouldn't park mine on the street anywhere in town, well just anywhere actually.
Not condoning the mongrels who stole it mind you.....they could do with a big fat wooden post in places that big fat wooden posts don't normally fit.:rockon:

C.Linnell
11th April 2011, 15:44
Would that be takin a bit of a risk perhaps. I wouldn't park mine on the street anywhere in town, well just anywhere actually.
Not condoning the mongrels who stole it mind you.....they could do with a big fat wooden post in places that big fat wooden posts don't normally fit.:rockon:

I always park it in the garage down my long driveway when I'm at home, but the odd day I'm at my girlfriend's place there's no usable garage, and nowhere off-road to park it on the property. The pavement is as off-road as I can get unfortunately.

motor_mayhem
11th April 2011, 16:52
I know exactly the feeling, had 2 bikes stolen from my locked garage 2 weeks ago, was absolutely gutted, still trying to get one of the insurance things sorted out.

SPman
11th April 2011, 17:53
Group visits and personal restorative justice seems to be the only way these days! :brick:The only way to get the message across to some of these pricks.....action -> consequences!

Crime: New Zealand's fastest growing industry! :yes:

Whilst a popular view, the figures don't back up the assertions:whistle:

DR650gary
11th April 2011, 18:44
Whilst a popular view, the figures don't back up the assertions:whistle:

I think you may find they are "reported crime" stats.

Some just aren't bothering to waste their time reporting unless their insurer insists.

So, an increase in apathy or a "reduction" in crime. You decide.:violin:

BuzzardNZ
11th April 2011, 19:12
hope you get your bike back mate. Ages ago, I had a DR200 nicked from outside polytech. It was out on the street overnight and chained to a lamppost, but when I came to get it in the morning it was gone :facepalm: Was fully insured with State at the time and they wouldn't pay me anything due to a garage clause on my policy :violin: Taught me 4 going out on the booze and leaving me bike outside overnight :angry:

SPman
11th April 2011, 19:54
I think you may find they are "reported crime" stats.

Some just aren't bothering to waste their time reporting unless their insurer insists.

So, an increase in apathy or a "reduction" in crime. You decide.:violin:"Reported crime" stats - true, but, what else do you base figures on....hearsay from Fred down the road, or my mates mate, or the media, which uses an "if it bleeds, it leads" approach to news items?
Unfortunately, crime will increase when times are tough - history proves it. When times are good, crime drops off (well, crime as we know it - Corporate crime skyrockets, but then, they don't call it crime....if you steal some poor bastards bike - that's crime. Steal his house, his savings, his health, his future and his kid's future - that's entrepreneureal!)
Still no excuse for it, and vigilante moves seem all the more appealing, espec. when it's close to home.
If apathy is knowing that the chances of a result if you report it are next to nothing, then, no, that's not apathy - it's a resigned acceptance that the system is failing in a major way.

AllanB
11th April 2011, 19:59

And that's the shitter of it all - he should be able to park his bike anywhere without some low-life taking it.

Where's the market for stolen bikes in NZ? I read some time back that most stolen Harleys are in parts and heading out of the country pronto. What happens to the likes of the Trumpet? Do bit start appearing on Trademe or do we still have a few suspect wreckers around?

SPman
11th April 2011, 20:04
And that's the shitter of it all - he should be able to park his bike anywhere without some low-life taking it.

Where's the market for stolen bikes in NZ? I read some time back that most stolen Harleys are in parts and heading out of the country pronto. What happens to the likes of the Trumpet? Do bit start appearing on Trademe or do we still have a few suspect wreckers around?
Being a 675R, maybe it's going to be used for race parts??????

AllanB
11th April 2011, 20:06
Being a 675R, maybe it's going to be used for race parts??????

Good point - I did not think of that, saves some hassles if you steal it to race!

Man there are some scum out there - steal a bike then thrash the shit out of it!

Apologies to OP for my upsetting comments.

gale_wolf
12th April 2011, 09:35
Thanks for all the support, people - it's nice to have an angry mob backing me up :angry:

Hiss' NSR is running well (started on the second kick this morning... possibly because Wanpo was watching and I had to look cool).

This is Wanpo's mate from work, I was there when you bought the Triple. That bike's mint as, sorry to hear that it's been nicked, and the mob here is justifiably angry. Lucky to have mates with spare bikes though, Wanpo said you'd started the NSR no problem and smoked the place up ;) Had me reminiscing about the ol' days of 2-smoker 250's everywhere on Auckland roads and noobs learning the art of not getting whacked by the kickstarter when it returns.