PDA

View Full Version : Harley riders do so wave

Mom
11th April 2011, 20:57
I had a really great ride home tonight, pootling along at my usual, under license losing speed commute, I saw a few headlights approaching in my mirrors. They were coming up fast :yes: The first Hog went past me with a hi wave :D I responded with one of my own, that made the next one come past with a BIG wave, that I also responded to. These were of the chopped varitey too, high bars and raked forks. How cool! The next one was more of the same.

I figured it would be rude of me not to tuck in behind them, seeing as they were so friendly :innocent: You should have heard the noise in the tunnels :woohoo: I lost them just north of Puhoi, I dont do crossing the double yellows into on coming traffic very well.

Made my commute tonight for sure. Nice to have the boys running defense for me :shutup:

superman
11th April 2011, 21:03
pootling along at my usual, under license losing speed

I dont do crossing the double yellows into on coming traffic very well.

Sounds like fun!

And only a couple things to work on :innocent:

Mom
11th April 2011, 21:08
Sounds like fun!

And only a couple things to work on :innocent:

What things do I have to work on?

superman
11th April 2011, 21:21
What things do I have to work on?

My specifically chosen quotations were of no relevance? :yes:

MadDuck
11th April 2011, 21:33
I dont do crossing the double yellows into on coming traffic very well.

We learn that at Harley riding school....geez you know that :innocent:

As for waving...I am guessing at that time of night the midgies are out and about.

Flip
11th April 2011, 22:18
I'll let you in on a secret.

Not all Harley riders are complete tossers:innocent:, some of the bits are missing.

Winston001
11th April 2011, 22:38
Dang. How's that for an idea?? Bikers waving to one another. :blink:

....nah, it'll never catch on. :violin:

Maha
12th April 2011, 16:14
''The first Hog went past me with a hi wave''

He may have been just trying to untangle his tassles?

Laava
12th April 2011, 17:11
Were they wearing bandanas and arseless chaps?

Maha
12th April 2011, 17:36
Were they wearing bandanas and arseless chaps?

Damn that sounds a bit of me, where can I get some of dem?....:blink:

hayd3n
12th April 2011, 17:57
they assumed you had a ducati there is only two types of bikes according to most

awa355
12th April 2011, 18:54
Harley riders have their own wave, usually consists of one finger held upright and the whole arm moved in an up & down motion.

Those that dont wave are usually hanging on for grim death. One harley owner told me, he never smiled; too scared his teeth would shake out. :shit:

98tls
12th April 2011, 19:10
Wasnt a "wave" mom,merely a knot of tassels blowing about.

98tls
12th April 2011, 19:11

:facepalm:Just went back and read the rest,you beat me to it mate:facepalm:

TOTO
12th April 2011, 19:21
Gd on u cruzzah

Toaster
12th April 2011, 20:41

Or reach the ape-hangers.

YellowDog
12th April 2011, 21:10
HD riders do have quite an antisocial reputation.

I doubt this will be likely to change as we all seem to treat them like leppers.

awayatc
12th April 2011, 21:24
Only ever wave to other bikers.....

not to scooters, Honda's or other gay commuters:shutup::innocent:

wysper
12th April 2011, 21:39
The first Hog went past me with a hi wave :D I responded with one of my own, that made the next one come past with a BIG wave, that I also responded to. These were of the chopped varitey too, high bars and raked forks. How cool! The next one was more of the same.

LIES its all LIES.... no one believe it... we don't wave to anyone ya hear me!!

Good lord Mom, do you know how long it takes to build these anti social reputations and there you go trying to trash it all in one post.

Next you will be telling me there are heterosexual honda riders.

mutter mumble mumble grump grump....

baptist
12th April 2011, 23:28
Next you will be telling me there are heterosexual honda riders.mutter mumble mumble grump grump....

Now Now don't get carried away...:innocent:

As for waving, they don't round here... But that"s alright I do enough for them:woohoo: One day I will get a wave back (or a finger I guess) as I pootle along on my little commuter...

ducatilover
12th April 2011, 23:58
Next you will be telling me there are heterosexual honda riders.

mutter mumble mumble grump grump....

:facepalm: That's preposterous. I should know, I can tell my own kind. I love me some big sexy Honda boys.

Swoop
13th April 2011, 12:28
Were they wearing bananas and arseless chaps?
Fixed it for ya.:shit:

MadDuck
13th April 2011, 15:01
Were they wearing ......arseless chaps?

I avoid wearing those as they make my bottom look too large :sunny:

ducatilover
13th April 2011, 15:20
I avoid wearing those as they make my bottom look too large :sunny:

They make me spend money on waxing.

Mom
13th April 2011, 19:19
So that was fun :yes:

2nd to last roundabout prior to work, and a great, big, bendy bus hauls out in front of me midway around the roundabout. I stopped mid roundabout (as you do) and waited for him to get clear. He immediately stopped! As I approached I see this little bus driver hand, out his little slidey window, waving to me. I took it as sorry and waved back madly, once I was past him :D

CRM
14th April 2011, 18:10
Passed a rider in the dark the other day (i.e. him coming the other way) and he/she flicked an indicator at me like the truckies do. First time I've seen that (up this way anyway). Might just catch on :woohoo:

I've given up waving at Harley riders. I've figured out that they are just working too hard at figuring how to make it it round the next corner to be able to think about waving.

Zamiam
14th April 2011, 19:56
Of course we don't wave. We expect non-Harley riders to bow down to a superior product (S^&t I'd better go and take my medication)

saltydog
16th April 2011, 20:24
I've given up waving at Harley riders. I've figured out that they are just working too hard at figuring how to make it it round the next corner to be able to think about waving.

We (R1 and a Duke) jumped on the back of a mob of Harleys jst before Opitiki a month back. They all pulled into that bakery while we went on to TK for a coldy. Returning about an hour and half later they were still there. All that waving must have tuckered them out? That or the pies were really good?!