PDA

View Full Version : Johnboy's Final Apperance in VMCC '05

JohnBoy
26th June 2005, 23:26
had a good trip down on the Friday to stay with some mates in palmy before the big day. as i came down i thought that we maybe lucky enough to have some dry racing, oh how was i wrong! as TS said in his thread we had some very consistant rain all day which made for some interesting moments on the bike.
ok lets cut to the chase, i dont have wets. in fact my setup is the same in the dry as in the wet. now the tyres, i have SC2 supercorsa's front and rear that are ex-paeroa 05 and have had many track sessions on them and they were due for replacement after this round.

ok, with my nerves begging to get to me we take off in the first race. got a rather crap start and was about 7th into coke, but still alive. started to put the heat on the guys infront and slowly started to find some grip. after slip sliding around for 10 laps i ended up coming 3rd which i was rapt with, maybe its not too bad out??

ok, round 2. rain is still coming down with no letup in sight. flag drops and this time i am 5th into coke, much better. but something was different, i had even less traction than before, ok, i can work with this. finally chased down the other ZXR750 who was battling with Nick Prestige and after a few laps of watching them i saw a gap. now i have had the wood on this ZXR in earlier encounters but he was smart enough to run wets so after i tried to pass him out of dunlop and found zero traction and had a brief encounter with the concrete barrier i decided to get them under brakes coming into coke.
got past the ZXR and even nick prestige but not coke... at full noise, roughly 200k i lost the front under the first brake application as i was going over the reverse circut grid markers. it was all over before it started, i slid on my ass for about 100m and just before i stopped i spun around to see the 4,5 and 6th flip of my bike as it rolled through the mud sending about a 2-3meter rooster tail of muddy water and fairings into the sky. game over. :no:

this is the last time i will be out on the track this year and if even some how i get the ZXR fixed before VMCC 05 ends it will no go back on the track. but i will not give up racing! i am just going to save my money and buy a dedicated race bike... so look out guys in 06 cause ill be back!

i would like to take this opportunity to thank all those people who have helped me this year, i really appreciate the advice and the help that they have given. specail thanks to Inframax Construction for the sponsorship Sparkybills and Motomart for all the support and parts.

here is a few shots of whats left of the bike.

Cheers

John. :ride:

Brian d marge
26th June 2005, 23:53
And what wrong with that bike ...??? bit of autosol n elbow grease ,,,

I couldnt see the crankcase , but the bike looks Repairable ...

Me.. I race MX So know about those costs !!! man they are never ending ,,, Me After sat ( so Last it wasnt funny , My excuse it was 37.2 deg ) ,,, but The front end needs looking at oil level . the rear neeeds a new spring ,,I cant fudge it any longer !!!
The Jettin was good ...!!
Any hoo As far as I know there is NO cure for the racing bug

( Wait there is ,,,,The Wife ,,,thou who holds the purse strings,,,)

Stephen
Well done :drinkup:..oh sod it one more...:drinkup:

Georgio
27th June 2005, 00:07
Oh come on Johnboy, Down but surely not out? The conditions were the worst alright. You certainly made a break once you got past me, bugger BREAK or BRAKE is the word. What is it going to take to convince you to attack the track steetfighter style?

Two Smoker
27th June 2005, 08:04
MAte Johnboy!!!!! You were fucking flying out there!!! 1:27's on that bike with those tyres is very impressive, dont know why your mucking around in clubmans, you should be in F1!!!

Sparky Bills
27th June 2005, 08:32
You did better than i did for the day. :mad:

GSVR
27th June 2005, 09:02
It was really rotten luck that it slid towards the infield and then though all that crap. But then again if it had gone staighter it may have taken one of the other 2 guys out as they rounded the bend.

That bike looks like a good choice for your new racebike with a new race fairing and seat. I suppose you'll only know after you get to check the frame and forks. That soft mud may have absorbed alot of force and prevented any major structural damage.

Regards

Brian d marge
27th June 2005, 14:00
MAte Johnboy!!!!! you should be in F1!!!

you saying he needs 4 four wheels instead of 2 .... :devil2::whistle::rofl:( or moto gp!!!)

Stephen

Motoracer
27th June 2005, 15:17
Like TS, your efforts were most impressive as well! I don't know how you guys rode that quick with them tires on!

I take my hat off to you guys. :clap:

I know financially this sport is very draining but hang in there. Who knows how far you might go.

JohnBoy
27th June 2005, 17:25
you should be in F1!!!

Hmmm... dont tempt me. i dont have the $$ or the expertise for that kinda effort yet.

no i am sorry. the Zed wont come back to the track. i am going to start saving hard and buy a dedicated race bike. maybe have a shot at F2 with a 600 4cyl or maybe get a SV650 and have a go at F2/F3.

I have had some good news, SparkyBills phoned me and i might be able to get a rolling body (less motor & front fairings) from motomart. so hopefully be back on the road sooner rather than later!

Sparky Bills
28th June 2005, 09:20
I have had some good news, SparkyBills phoned me and i might be able to get a rolling body (less motor & front fairings) from motomart. so hopefully be back on the road sooner rather than later!

Oh i forgot..
It had a turbo and supercharger on it, but you wouldnt want them aye?? :rofl:

Sparky Bills
28th June 2005, 12:10
Here ya go Johnny

Sparky Bills
28th June 2005, 12:12
have some more

Sparky Bills
28th June 2005, 12:13
last ones.
Let me know mate.

JohnBoy
29th June 2005, 15:58
got the bike into wheel and frame NZ to check the frame, hopefully have the results next week. i also took the tank into F1 engineering yesterday and it should be already to go in a couple of weeks.

starting to look not so bad, just hoping that the frame and forks are not to stuffed. should be back on the road in about 6 weeks!

i have been tempted with maybe dabbling in the world of street stocks, i will keep you all posted if i do!

Two Smoker
29th June 2005, 18:43
Where abouts is wheel and frame???

Sparky Bills
30th June 2005, 09:27

Its in Cambridge.
Used to be called Smyth and Yates.

JohnBoy
30th June 2005, 10:33

39 lake road cambridge.

Two Smoker
30th June 2005, 18:32
Its in Cambridge.
Used to be called Smyth and Yates.

Sweet, gotta take the 600 down there...

loosebruce
1st July 2005, 00:36
Shit John, sudeep told me you crashed but fuck mate you rooted it good and proper, well done mate. Looks like you'll have her running sooner or later, getting a dedicated race bike will be the way to go, hope to see you out and about soon. road or track.

JohnBoy
1st July 2005, 17:42
Sweet, gotta take the 600 down there...

if you need a hand just give me a yell cause its not too far from my place.