PDA

View Full Version : NZTA are yet again proven to be idiots

ducatilover
17th April 2011, 19:03
I received a cute little letter from our esteemed NZTA today.
Honda CB in black (Nice to see they processed the details I updated them with...or not, it's white.) licence expiry 19/02/2011 (I was online and it would not let me put it on hold again as "it already had an exemption")
Due amount $414.64 :shit:

Wait, what? Yes apparently 1 month, three weeks and six days is equal to $414.64.
Fuck off it is!

So I can't re-licence it online before it expires and it tells me all is happy... :innocent:

What a crock of shit.
Now I have gone to NZTA online and re-issued the licence on the ZZR whilst it is on hold and no problems there.

So I'll go and have a word or two with the delightful pricks.

bsasuper
17th April 2011, 19:21
So stop doing everything online, and go see them to sort it- not very hard to do at all:whocares:

ducatilover
17th April 2011, 19:25
So stop doing everything online, and go see them to sort it- not very hard to do at all:whocares:

Was easier due to the hours I was doing/where I was at the time of buying the CB.
I'm just trying to understand how the idiots think 1 month and three weeks is $414 worth of rego :facepalm:

Mully
17th April 2011, 19:30
I'm just trying to understand how the idiots think 1 month and three weeks is $414 worth of rego

Is that for 12 months??

ducatilover
17th April 2011, 19:39
Is that for 12 months??

The price is?
Oooooh I see..... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: .......Still doesn't explain how I can't re-register it over the net. :facepalm:

Mully
17th April 2011, 19:44
The price is?
Oooooh I see..... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: .......Still doesn't explain how I can't re-register it over the net. :facepalm:

Dunno mate. I'm not one to figure LTNZ's systems...

Hitcher
17th April 2011, 19:46
So stop doing everything online, and go see them to sort it- not very hard to do at all

Given that "they" exist in Palmerston North, it is a reasonably difficult task for those who reside outside the Shire.

ducatilover
17th April 2011, 19:47
Given that "they" exist in Palmerston North, it is a reasonably difficult task for those who reside outside the Shire.

At the time it was, thankfully I am closer now, so I'll pop in tomorrow and get the rego sorted :yes:

bsasuper
17th April 2011, 20:03

VTNZ, POSTSHOP,NZTA AGENT, and there is a thing called a telephone where you speak in one end and they can hear you at the other end.

ducatilover
17th April 2011, 20:05
VTNZ, POSTSHOP, and there is a thing called a telephone where you speak in one end and they can hear you at the other end, even in PN.

Which was nice, if they kept reasonable office hours while I was not busy.
Why set an online system up of it doesn't work???:facepalm:

AllanB
17th April 2011, 20:09
Got a current WOF?

If not you can not register a vehicle until it has a valid WOF.

Otherwise re registering online should not be an issue - I have done it heaps.

bsasuper
17th April 2011, 20:11
So we get to the bottom of it, you are to busy, or is that just cant be bothered.If you really wanted to sort it out you would, but you hav'nt.

ducatilover
17th April 2011, 23:50
Got a current WOF?

If not you can not register a vehicle until it has a valid WOF.

Otherwise re registering online should not be an issue - I have done it heaps.
No WoF, the CB is just on hold at the moment, but, I can't pay the supposed overdue rego fees online either.
Thankfully, now, I am able to get into town during the day to sort it. :yes:

So we get to the bottom of it, you are to busy, or is that just cant be bothered.If you really wanted to sort it out you would, but you hav'nt.
Have been un-able to get there during the day, need this be repeated? :facepalm: I just assumed, as I hadn't received a notice with the rego status it wasn't overdue, plus the NZTA site telling me there was an exemption already issued on said vehicle.

jazfender
18th April 2011, 01:13
Classic PEBCAK.

ducatilover
18th April 2011, 01:23
Classic PEBCAK.

Is that a type of cake? :innocent:

Oh, wait... I see, thanks Google.
Am I entering incorrect data then and finding another Honda CB, that just happens to (apparently) have an exemption issued? That would be a bit of a laugh...

jazfender
18th April 2011, 01:50
Is that a type of cake? :innocent:

It's a delicious sponge.

ducatilover
18th April 2011, 11:24
It's a delicious sponge.

Squid sponge?

thehovel
18th April 2011, 13:41
So stop doing everything onlin: and go see them to sort it- not very hard to do at all:whocares:

So true let them see that you are a bad arse & pissed off , service or the lack of, is dependant on the perceived threat.:angry::angry:

Duc
18th April 2011, 16:03
Squid sponge?

In your case 'Humble Pie'

ducatilover
18th April 2011, 16:47
In your case 'Humble Pie'

Sounds tasty :yes: