PDA

View Full Version : feck. dropped it.

motelbob
27th June 2005, 17:29
went to move my rf900 1.0mtr on the driveway and arsed over dumping the poor bloody thing on its side. totalled the left side mirror,indicator and clutch lever not to mention 4 gizzillion stone chips on the fairing. anyone know where to get second hand parts round the auck area? what a cockhead!!!

Sensei
27th June 2005, 17:38
Sorry to hear . Always sit on your bike when moving it unless you cann't then make sure you look carefully where you tend to move it to & have a firm grip on the bike . :yes:

Zed
27th June 2005, 17:40
went to move my rf900 1.0mtr on the driveway and arsed over dumping the poor bloody thing on its side. totalled the left side mirror,indicator and clutch lever not to mention 4 gizzillion stone chips on the fairing. anyone know where to get second hand parts round the auck area? what a cockhead!!!Awww that sucks Bob, many a careful biker has had a similar 'moment'! That's the down-side of having only two wheels I suppose - the great balancing act. :Oops:

Sutage
27th June 2005, 17:52
rofl i dropped mine this morning too, no fairings=no damage :D:D

Wellyman
27th June 2005, 17:54
I work for Atomic Bike wreckers. send me a PM with the parts you are looking for and I will have a look for you.
WM

zadok
27th June 2005, 17:59
What a bummer. Sorry to hear that. Now you know why I don't go for fairings on bikes (except bikini).

Jackrat
27th June 2005, 19:06
What a bummer. Sorry to hear that. Now you know why I don't go for fairings on bikes (except bikini).

Same here,I just KNOW I'm gonn'a drop it sooner or later.
That, an I could teach a Scotsman how to be mean.
BTW,Your shout :drinkup:

onearmedbandit
27th June 2005, 19:42
Bad luck mate, amazing how sometimes a bike can get away with less damage when sliding out from under you while moving. Well I suppose not as momentum would slow the rate of the fall yadda yadda yadda.

I so far have been very lucky with my current steed, being of shorter stature it requires me to sometimes hop off the bike to move it. Try moving a bike around with one arm on the bars only, it keeps you thinking.

Biff
27th June 2005, 21:00
Shite. Sorry to hear that Bob. Things like this normally happen to me within minutes/days/maximum a couple of weeks of getting my hands on a new bike.

Crash bungs on order per chance?

MagicMarker
27th June 2005, 21:59
I dropped my Fzr250r on it's side coming up the drive on saturday :( broke the rear set, bent brake lever, and bent side mirror, lucky the fairing didn't crack, PHEW.

Got the rear set today from the wreckers, there are ?2? down at barry's point road. Planning to just leave the mirror, bent it back. The brake lever can be replaced from shops. Could start riding again today, yay :ride:

Might get some 2nd hand stuff from the wreckers if you are lucky. Hope you fix your bike up soon!

wkid_one
28th June 2005, 07:01
Taking a bike of a rear paddock stand is always good for a couple of near misses. Esp if you have raised the side stand to lube the chain by idling the engine!

placidfemme
28th June 2005, 07:54
went to move my rf900 1.0mtr on the driveway and arsed over dumping the poor bloody thing on its side. totalled the left side mirror,indicator and clutch lever not to mention 4 gizzillion stone chips on the fairing. anyone know where to get second hand parts round the auck area? what a cockhead!!!

Proberly a dumb tip... but if you can't sit on your bike when moving it small distances, put the side stand down (usually on the left side of the bike) and stand on the right side and push it where-ever you want to move it... if you feel like your loosing control of the bike, push it over towards the left and the stand will stop it from palling that way and your body will stop it from moving the other way

*knows this because I'm not very strong and this works for me*

Hope it doesn't cost too much to get it fixed :)

Lou Girardin
28th June 2005, 09:46
[QUOTE=motelbob]went to move my rf900 1.0mtr on the driveway and arsed over dumping the poor bloody thing on its side. totalled the left side mirror,indicator and clutch lever not to mention 4 gizzillion stone chips on the fairing. anyone know where to

I've got a mirror you can have. Call me at AMPS.

crashe
28th June 2005, 09:46
uh ohhhhhhhhh you lads have got the dropsies.... :no:

Is it PMS/PMT time for you lads.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On a serious note I do hope it wont cost too much to repair it.

DingDong
28th June 2005, 10:55
I have never in (25 years) dropped a bike off the stand

But its too late for lectures now, sorry I dont have any parts for you but they look quite horny without the fairing on :clap:

Ixion
28th June 2005, 11:06
I have never in (25 years) dropped a bike off the stand

But its too late for lectures now, sorry I dont have any parts for you but they look quite horny without the fairing on :clap:

Odd. You are clearly either very big and strong or very careful. I have done that many times. It is probably due to being a puny shortarse, with a penchant for heavy bikes.

Drunken Monkey
28th June 2005, 13:17
...Esp if you have raised the side stand to lube the chain by idling the engine!

Could lose a finger or two doing it that way as well. Not good advice for noobs.

zeRax
28th June 2005, 21:12
what a cockhead!!!

you tell that bastard! who the fuck would let that happen
:weird: :oi-grr:

D:
more seriously, sorry to hear dude, sure it still purrs thou ;>

Drew
28th June 2005, 21:26
I work for Atomic Bike wreckers. send me a PM with the parts you are looking for and I will have a look for you.
WM

BIG mistake, having seen where you work, now gives me liscense to constantly bug you about parts I need for my bike. :devil2:
Starting with.....
But seriously tho, would the occasional pm requesting an inquiry, or two be O.K?

riffer
28th June 2005, 22:34
Ah damn, sorry to hear about this Bob.

I did something similar to my RF outside MotoMart a month or so back.

Mine was a very slow drop which only broke the mirror and scratched the zorst but its still a bummer when it happens.

An interesting thing about the RF900's is how bloody high all that weight seems to be concentrated. I still have moment when moving mine in the driveway. Also when going around a roundabout if you close the throttle too hard it seems to 'drop in' to the corner very quickly. Gave me a fright the first time it happened.

Anyway, best of luck getting the parts.

wkid_one
29th June 2005, 07:09
Could lose a finger or two doing it that way as well. Not good advice for noobs.

Yeah, like fuck - you could lose your tongue going down on your missus as well......

There are more dangerous things than lubing a moving chain when it comes to biking - I think 99.9% of people have some semblance of common sense - and for those that lose their fingers - I hope it prevents them riding because if you are that bloody stupid, you deserve it.

motelbob
29th June 2005, 14:15
no worries

vifferman
29th June 2005, 14:21
what a cockhead!!!
PLease - langwij, motelbob! :nono:
There are innocent minds around here.
We prefer the term "knob end". :yes:

Lou Girardin
29th June 2005, 14:40
Yeah, like fuck - you could lose your tongue going down on your missus as well......

Has your wife got teeth there?

motelbob
29th June 2005, 20:10
her bite is worse than her bark!

Drunken Monkey
5th July 2005, 18:07

Only when I go down on yours...