PDA

View Full Version : New/old moving member (Shustrik)

Shustrik
19th April 2011, 11:34
G'day everybody, probably I had to introduce myself in Aug 2007 when I've registered here, but it seems only now I have good reason to do it. :-) (and anyway, I didn't speak English well at 2007).

I ride since 2002 and have some kilometres behind :-) I moving from Russia to New Zealand this month, going to study in Auckland. That was longterm dream to go to NZ, so when I had opportunity to make this dream true I've focused on it totally, so for me it means I haven't own bike last 2,5 years be cause of that and had only seldom rides. :third:

Needless to say after I arriving to NZ I'd be happy to join to motorcycle environment again, so just in case I'd like to say hi everybody, be cause probably some of us will see each other on the roads on New Zealand a bit later. :-)

two wheels down, guys. :-)

:ride:

Icemaestro
19th April 2011, 12:08
Здравствуйте, Очень приятно

Welcome to kiwibiker again :-). What kind of bikes do you like to ride/what did you previously ride?

Shustrik
19th April 2011, 12:16
thanks Icemaestro ))))

I ride mostly dualpurpose bikes )))
my best memories I have from times when I had Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere '89 and Suzuki Djebel 250 '96 and '98 :-)
before I used Kawasaki KLE400, Kawasaki Xanthus 400, Honda CB400... and short periods on other bikes )))
My first bike in 2002 was Honda GL400 Wing
400cc is most popular bikes in Vladivostok area, be cause of import from Japan )))

IanMeyle
21st April 2011, 10:27
It'll be great to meet up again. For those who don't know Shustrik he has been an absolute godsend for motorcycle travellers in Russia. He is one of a small group of keen, dedicated, adventurous people who provided all sorts of assistance to those of us washed up on the shores of Siberia. They formed a network of support across the Russian Far East, helping with customs, accommodation, drop-off points for gear etc. I've stayed in their homes (sometimes for weeks), eaten and drank with them and shared the cameraderie of motorcycling. If any of us can assist Shustrik in any way, please do.
The kindness and generosity of Shustrik (Alexey), Dmitri, Eugeny, Sergey (in Birabidzhan) and Sergey (in Ulan Ude) gives new meaning to the word hospitality.
Refer to my trip log on the HUBB
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/TransAsia07/002624.php

Icemaestro
21st April 2011, 11:40
thanks Icemaestro ))))

I ride mostly dualpurpose bikes )))
my best memories I have from times when I had Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere '89 and Suzuki Djebel 250 '96 and '98 :-)
before I used Kawasaki KLE400, Kawasaki Xanthus 400, Honda CB400... and short periods on other bikes )))
My first bike in 2002 was Honda GL400 Wing
400cc is most popular bikes in Vladivostok area, be cause of import from Japan )))

Can't say I've ridden a dual purpose bike myself, but given the condition of the roads over there (and i've only been to Moscow and the surrounding area) that would be the way to go!
Goodness, all those 400cc bikes and no VFR400's...Gutted!
Where abouts in auckland will you be based? And what kind of bike are you thinking about owning over here?

Shustrik
21st April 2011, 13:52
It'll be great to meet up again. .
Refer to my trip log on the HUBB
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/tstories/TransAsia07/002624.php

wow, what a nice introducing, Ian, I didn't expect such attention but its f..ing awesome to read these kind of words about yourself 4 years later, you know :-)))

I'm glad I finally have a chance to see you again, and glad to see you are in "online life" also :-))

Can't say I've ridden a dual purpose bike myself, but given the condition of the roads over there (and i've only been to Moscow and the surrounding area) that would be the way to go!
Goodness, all those 400cc bikes and no VFR400's...Gutted!
Where abouts in auckland will you be based? And what kind of bike are you thinking about owning over here?

Yeah, dual purpose is most conviniante kind of bikes for RU :-)) actually I had one VFR400 in 2005, but only about 2 months. Used Y. FZR250 and FZR400 that Autumn (Sept-Nov) too.
If I right, that VFR was NC21 (first one in this series) and i even have pic of me near that bike (see attached, was younger there )))

old VFRs 400 actually was (and still is) popular among youth in Vladivostok - these bikes not so expensive but quite angry. Moreover, V-engine is more preffered for our "hills-mountains-kind" environment. :-)))

As far as I know, I'll settle in Northcote for first 4 weeks and later I'll find dormitory or flatmates, will see. My institute where I going to study is in the City, on the Queen st. I'm sure I will be without bike first time, be cause the budget is limited, but when I'll find parttime job (I can work 20 hours per week according my visa) I will watching the market and hopefully will buy any old bike for 500-1500 dollads (I guess I have a chance to find something like that). So it can be roadbike or enduro, or vintage - whatever, main thing is this bike should work, thats it :scooter: :-)

Actually really excited by opportunity to ride in NZ, it's awesome :-) after I'll have a bike I'll know for sure what to do in weekends and evenings, no matter what weather :-)))))))))))))

The Everlasting
21st April 2011, 16:38
Welcome to KB,again..:p. and too new zealand.

ajturbo
21st April 2011, 16:51
welcome..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scooter:

Shustrik
21st April 2011, 23:56
Welcome to KB,again..:p. and too new zealand.

welcome..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scooter:

thanks guys! )))
:ride: