PDA

View Full Version : Kia ora bro (unstuck)

unstuck
20th April 2011, 07:52
Im a newbie and a bit of a technophobe. I have been riding bikes for 38yrs and had heaps of different bikes, dirt and road. At the moment i have vf750f..xl250r twin carb..dr200 x 2..ag175. Have been a very naughty boy though as i have never had a bike license, Got pulled up a couple of months ago and got fined 400, first time ever pulled up in 31 yrs on the road. I have vowed to get my bike license before riding on the road again though,so have stripped the vf. I love bikes and riding and still take the dirt bike out whenever i get the chance.P.M.S sux.:violin: Thats my rant over anyhow, awesome site.:bye:

wysper
20th April 2011, 08:18
Im a newbie and a bit of a technophobe. I have been riding bikes for 38yrs and had heaps of different bikes, dirt and road. At the moment i have vf750f..xl250r twin carb..dr200 x 2..ag175. Have been a very naughty boy though as i have never had a bike license, Got pulled up a couple of months ago and got fined 400, first time ever pulled up in 31 yrs on the road. I have vowed to get my bike license before riding on the road again though,so have stripped the vf. I love bikes and riding and still take the dirt bike out whenever i get the chance.P.M.S sux.:violin: Thats my rant over anyhow, awesome site.:bye:

Welcome aboard unstuck!

Lots of fun to be had here.
Good luck with the license.

Edbear
20th April 2011, 08:18

Welcome to the site! Everyone gets caught eventually! :yes:

Get your licence ASAP, it is abit daunting is you're older and going for it first time, but you'll get it no worries, I'm sure! Plenty of help available these days.

unstuck
20th April 2011, 08:30
Forgot to mention I have every other licence,so can drive just about anything with wheels or tracks.Bit of a mission getting a bike licence down here though as have to go to invercargill for everything and no one wants to go there by choice.:crybaby:

Edbear
20th April 2011, 08:33
Forgot to mention I have every other licence,so can drive just about anything with wheels or tracks.Bit of a mission getting a bike licence down here though as have to go to invercargill for everything and no one wants to go there by choice.:crybaby:

Don't tell Tim... :shutup:

oneofsix
20th April 2011, 08:44

Welcome
31 yrs to finally get pinged :gob: You did well, must have been well behaved :yes: Hopefully you wont have to suffer the 70kph learners speed limit long, must be due to be dropped soon :woohoo: You will love riding with L plates :facepalm:

unstuck
20th April 2011, 10:46
My kids absolutely piss themselves whenever the L plates are mentioned(might have something to do with being a grandad) They have threatened to take pics:angry:Not really to worried about it though:facepalm:Wonder if the cops would notice L plates on my 750:yes:

oneofsix
20th April 2011, 10:50
My kids absolutely piss themselves whenever the L plates are mentioned(might have something to do with being a grandad) They have threatened to take pics:angry:Not really to worried about it though:facepalm:Wonder if the cops would notice L plates on my 750:yes:

aren't kids nice :yes::blink: makes you glad you got in first (I hope) when they were younger.
At least if you have your L plates on your 750 it is one less thing they can do you for, of course they do make it pretty obvious that pulling you over will help then make their performance target. :shutup:

The Everlasting
22nd April 2011, 09:25
Welcome to KB,i'm sure you will fly through the licence tests!

tigertim20
22nd April 2011, 13:14

hi and welcome. also check out www.southernrider.co.nz for a more local site. quite a few close by regular riders on there, youll likely know a few of them. good luck wth the licence stuff!