PDA

View Full Version : TT Superbikes

onearmedbandit
27th June 2005, 21:04
Picked up my copy a couple weeks back, and I have to say this is an awesome game. Nothing like riding a race prep'ed 1000 (MonsterMob Duke, GSXR1000, R1 '04, etc) through villages at speeds over 250km/h, bouncing off bumps with the back wheel skipping out of corners. Trying to keep the front wheel down out of 2nd gear corners fighting 30 other bikes (spread out)for position. Power wheelies that you can control at insane speeds for miles on end, coming over a crest at 286km/h and the front sailing into the air, before you slamming it back on the deck for hard braking with the back end skipping over bumps as you enter a tight corner fighting to stop the back end passing you. Fucking insane.

All sorts of bikes, from 125GP, 250GP, 400cc (FZR, CBR, RVF etc), 600cc, 750cc, 1000cc and sidecars. Both 600's and 1000's have production and race bikes. ZX10r, Benelli Tornado, Aprilla, Triumph, R7, to name just a few. Plenty of helmet and leather choices including real riders like Bruce Anstey and Shaun Harris. Shauns GSXR1000 features as well, very fast!

The graphics are by no means ground breaking but very good, more than acceptable. The sounds vary from bike to bike, obviously. Just go out on one of the thou's and turn the volume up, no game yet has captured motorcycle sounds like this game. With a home theartre system hooked up, you can not only hear a v-twin behind you but also feel it. The physics in the game, once you get used to them are fantastic. It takes a while to do so, but once you've got it sorted and have some knowledge of where the 37+mile track goes, stringing a set of corners together is very satisfying.

Having never been to the Isle of Man, I can not tell how accurate the track is. But all the major corners are recognisable, and it is very similar to the in game videos. Oh yeah, as with most games you start with fuck all and have to work your way up, even to doing a full lap of the TT course itself. So I have saved my progress, and bypassed everything to do some laps on the TT track with whatever bike. Hasn't taken any of the enjoyment away at all, in fact it's made the game better as it was frustrating having to go through some of the levels. I will still complete the game myself.

So all in all I give this game a sound 9.5 out of 10. Loading times (usual complaint of any PS game) let it down, an sometimes you stay on the bike when you know you should be off. (BTW, the crashes are spectacular, you will chringe). Buy this game, if you don't have a PS2 its worth buying just for this game, honestly IMO its that good.

Motoracer
27th June 2005, 21:07
I give it a 9.9 out of 10 as well. Wait till you unlock the videos man. It's fuckin mean!! Leaves the rest of the motorcycle games behind.

Sensei
27th June 2005, 21:27
Sounds excellent but still doesn't beat having a GSXR1000 K3 sitting in your shed to do the real thing :Punk:

gav
27th June 2005, 22:31
How does it compare to MotoGP 4? I had a copy of TT Superbikes on order since xmas and on Friday went to Central Park games to see if it had arrived yet (6 months later) They still had no ETA so bought MotoGP4 instead, its pretty cool and I'd rate it ahead of MotoGP3 esp with the 125's and 250's available.

onearmedbandit
27th June 2005, 22:45
Gav, I bought my copy off the shelf at the Game Station or whatever its called off Moorhouse Ave. Central Park need to get their shit sorted. I bought MotoGP 4 as well, and while its a decent improvement over #3 it doesn't compare to TT. TT is a 'looser' game, lines still having the upmost importance but they vary a lot more, the bikes react more like a real bike on real roads. Hmmmm, maybe because its something you can relate to as well, like a rally game being more fun than a F1 game to a lot of people. Its, IMO, a lot more fun, less repetitive (37mile track), has better bike audio. Go get yourself a copy and find out for yourself!

Both games are excellent however, each worthy of being in your collection. But the game thats been in my PS for the last two weeks is TT and I don't see it coming out anytime soon.

gav
27th June 2005, 23:01
Thanks mate, sounds cool, I'll have to track a copy down. Apparently they photoed evey metre of the the full TT circuit to make sure they got the detailing right, sounds like a winner :clap:

Juan
28th June 2005, 04:39
:devil2: I have to say it is fairly close to the track layout.... however some of the senery is not quite correct, not that really matters, still summer over here and my PS2 is in the conservatory.. it's too warm and bright to play for any length of time, and I only bought it for the game so can't call myself a dedicated game player.... And while it's only a two minute ride away for the real thing :whistle:

Enjoy......

Oh if your crap, these might help :drinkup:

Load up the game and on the main menu screen press R1, R2, L1, L2, R1, R2, L1, L2 to access the cheat keyboard.

Unlock codes (these will be saved to Memory Card (PS2) if you choose to save your progress):

"FUNKY MOPEDS" to unlock all bikes
"HOOPS" to unlock all wheels
"BONE DOME" to unlock all helmets
"GRAVEL RASH" to unlock all leathers
"SPEEDFREAKS" to unlock all events
"GOODIES" to unlock all collection book items
"WORLD CHAMP" to unlock all the above
"WINGS" to unlock Mad Sunday events only

Cheat Codes (these need to be entered each time you load or create a profile):

"BOOST" to enable boost in all events
"ENERGY" to enable mega-boost in all events
"AUTO PILOT" to enable auto pilot cheat
"SHORTCUT" to enable any-stage cheat

Information codes:

"BINARY" to show programmer team credits
"RGB" to show artist team credits
"QUIDS IN" to show management team credits

DingDong
28th June 2005, 10:29
I've been waiting for a good bike game.... :yes:

Cheers

Motoracer
28th June 2005, 10:56
however some of the senery is not quite correct,

A quick ride on a Gixxer thou and you hardly have anytime to check out the senery anyway.

Cheers for the cheats man. I was getting so frustrated. Bloody hard to get gold in the tests in anything past 600cc class.

DingDong
28th June 2005, 20:00
Shit... no one in Tauranga has TT Superbikes (checked all the stores and the video shops) usless $%^&. :oi-grr:

I'll have to wait, :wait: I dont want to buy it with out playing it first, cause motogp4 is a shit game and if your comparing them as rivals maybe TT is shit too