PDA

View Full Version : Stolen bike gear

Ocean1
22nd April 2011, 12:49
I built this place over twenty years ago, never had any problems in all that time.

Last night someone navigated their way from one end of a crowded gargre to the other, stopping only to (stupidly) open a car door. They left the same way, taking:

One Buffalo Endurance Black textile / leather jacket
One silver Shark Evoline helmet
One HJC dirt helmet
One nondescript gray / silver textile jacket
Pair of black / white summer gloves

Reward of $1000.00 to anyone with a name that leads to recovery of at least one set of testicles.

S'ok, folks, he won't be needing them.

YellowDog
22nd April 2011, 13:08
theif's a complete c#nt.

Ocean1
22nd April 2011, 14:24
He won't be very fucking complete if I get my hands on him.

onearmedbandit
22nd April 2011, 14:31
When you get your hands on him do us as a favour and video it.

GPXchick
22nd April 2011, 15:03
When you get your hands on him do us as a favour and video it.

I got $20 bucks on a copy of that dvd. Total ASSHOLES

oldrider
22nd April 2011, 16:43
That's just not nice but your threats of retribution are encouraging! :yes: Good luck in catching him/her/them! :sherlock:

Ocean1
22nd April 2011, 17:27
That's just not nice but your threats of retribution are encouraging! :yes: Good luck in catching him/her/them! :sherlock:

Oh I'll 'fess up. I’m a big softie. If I see my Buffalo jacket on the thief’s back I wouldn’t really pound on his sorry arse until it leaked. Not just for some minor transgression involving mere property. I'm not really all that violent or vengeful.

I’d do it for science. I’d be well keen to see how that armour handled a stern, prolonged thrashing from a skilfully wielded fence batten. I’m sure Mr Buffalo would thank me for such a worthwhile contribution to their product evaluation programme.

kneebone
22nd April 2011, 18:23
I built this place over twenty years ago, never had any problems in all that time.

Last night someone navigated their way from one end of a crowded gargre to the other, stopping only to (stupidly) open a car door. They left the same way, taking:

One Buffalo Endurance Black textile / leather jacket
One silver Shark Evoline helmet
One HJC dirt helmet
One nondescript gray / silver textile jacket
Pair of black / white summer gloves

Reward of $1000.00 to anyone with a name that leads to recovery of at least one set of testicles.

S'ok, folks, he won't be needing them.

you built this place .....where? do you mean this site

onearmedbandit
22nd April 2011, 19:11
you built this place .....where? do you mean this site

Yes, he built this site. Then someone broke into this site and walked out with some of his gear. He should have had a firewall up really.

steve_t
22nd April 2011, 19:14
Yes, he built this site. Then someone broke into this site and walked out with some of his gear. He should have had a firewall up really.

:2thumbsup:killingme:killingme

kneebone
22nd April 2011, 19:15
he walked onto a website and physically walked out with , jacket helmet ...stuff:shit:
i never said i was smart but how the hell did they pull that one off

kilgh
22nd April 2011, 19:19
How did the thief know the gear was there? Seems a little strange for a purely opportunistic event. Being a cluttered garage and all. How well do you know your neighbours?

Ocean1
22nd April 2011, 19:34
How did the thief know the gear was there? Seems a little strange for a purely opportunistic event. Being a cluttered garage and all. How well do you know your neighbours?

Doubt it was opportunistic, they knew what they were there for, they walked past more expensive targets. Won't be the immediate neighbours, or anyone else that knows me. It'll be one of maybe eight strangers who've stood on my driveway recently, you can't see what's in there from anywhere else.

I've crossed two off that list already. The rest should be worried.

kilgh
22nd April 2011, 19:42
Yeah, definately.

Virago
22nd April 2011, 19:54
Perhaps a clue as to what area of the country (assuming you're in NZ) that they were stolen from?

Ocean1
22nd April 2011, 20:00
Perhaps a clue as to what area of the country (assuming you're in NZ) that they were stolen from?

Of course.

Lower Hutt.

Clivoris
23rd April 2011, 21:05
Good luck man.

PrincessBandit
24th April 2011, 20:19
Oh I'll 'fess up. I’m a big softie. ..... I'm not really all that violent or vengeful.

I’d do it for science.

I like your thinking. Very noble.
Hope you get your gear back and in decent condition. Thieves get what they deserve (unless they're stealing a loaf of bread for their starving kids).