PDA

View Full Version : Pre '95?

Drew
23rd April 2011, 13:46
I've heard that there is now a class for pre 1995 racing in Australia, so I'm wondering who else would run in the same class here?

I really think it should be pre 1996 to allow the first decent gixxer that was released after 1986, but that's just 'cause I'm a Suzuki fan.

If this class started I'd be able to run my dirty RF and not be totally outclassed by good bikes in F1 at club rounds.

Anyone else keen/realised this section of KB existed?

As a side note, a little birdie tells me that Anthony Bradford is coming back to race pre 89 on a dedicated race bike this time. Better get your shit in one sock proper Paul and Glen!

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 15:20
I've heard that there is now a class for pre 1995 racing in Australia, so I'm wondering who else would run in the same class here?

I really think it should be pre 1996 to allow the first decent gixxer that was released after 1986, but that's just 'cause I'm a Suzuki fan.

If this class started I'd be able to run my dirty RF and not be totally outclassed by good bikes in F1 at club rounds.

Anyone else keen/realised this section of KB existed?

As a side note, a little birdie tells me that Anthony Bradford is coming back to race pre 89 on a dedicated race bike this time. Better get your shit in one sock proper Paul and Glen!
Tell ya what i'd like to see, no good to you tho...is a pre 1000's superbike class. It'd be cool to see all the old 750's and sub thou Vtwins thrashing it out again.
I think pre '89 has had it's day, it's time to move the bar forward a bit...maybe even pre '99....that's still 10+ year old bikes...

Mental Trousers
23rd April 2011, 16:04
It always annoyed me that I couldn't run my 93 YZF750SP in a class for similar bikes. It would always end up in F1, which was a serious pain in the arse.

However some useless dickless fuckwit relieved me of that particular problem.

It'll be good seeing Sugilite out there again. This time he won't be turning up, changing the tyres, racing then changing the tyres to ride home again.

slowpoke
23rd April 2011, 17:43
Awww c'mon mate there's always clubbies for the square peg in round hole type bikes......but I reckon it would end up being a Fireblade benefit class, with a 17" front wheel and decent rubber they'd murder 916's and ZXR750's etc.

So has Anthony finally got round to chucking all that lovely TKA gear at his ZXR? Heehee, things could be heating up this Winter Series.

Kickaha
23rd April 2011, 18:02
I think pre '89 has had it's day

Pre89 has hardly even started it wasn't even a "official" class until not long ago

Everyone wants a class to race the bikes they own in, soon we'll have to have week long meetings to fit all the classes in:facepalm:

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 18:47
Pre89 has hardly even started it wasn't even a "official" class until not long ago

Everyone wants a class to race the bikes they own in, soon we'll have to have week long meetings to fit all the classes in:facepalm:
Lol, yeh...to a point. I just reckon the range of 90's bikes that are good to go without swapping wheels and completely shagged suspension is a lot better. BTW, I don't have a bike to fit these classes either.... but would be very tempted to get one again...

Drew
23rd April 2011, 18:51
I know that pre 89 hasn't been going that long, and I agree that pre 95 will be a blade fest, but no one pays any attention to Honda fags anyway, so it'll be the first bike home that isn't a CBR that gets the cred.

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 19:10
I know that pre 89 hasn't been going that long, and I agree that pre 95 will be a blade fest, but no one pays any attention to Honda fags anyway, so it'll be the first bike home that isn't a CBR that gets the cred.
What about the ZX7? They were kickin arse in wsbk for years. The blade made f-all more power too, and I'll bet a 7R will give it a run for it's money anyday :yes: And the YZF 750 too. But that's sorta my point, the class would need the SRAD too ('96 on and easily as fast as the blade) then you'd have a great range of bikes to pick from. :woohoo:

White trash
23rd April 2011, 19:31
What about the ZX7? They were kickin arse in wsbk for years. The blade made f-all more power too, and I'll bet a 7R will give it a run for it's money anyday :yes:

Really? You got a short memory "Fanta pants"? How many WSBK championshipds did that Z7R win?

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 19:40
Really? You got a short memory "Fanta pants"? How many WSBK championshipds did that Z7R win?
Only 1 from memory, or that may have been the zxr. But they held a shiteload of top speed records all over the place....so no lack of hp....

White trash
23rd April 2011, 19:46
Only 1 from memory, or that may have been the zxr. But they held a shiteload of top speed records all over the place....so no lack of hp....

Correct. Scotty Russel (Mr Daytona) did it on a ZXR. Top speed's worth fuck all son, you know that.

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 19:50
Correct. Scotty Russel (Mr Daytona) did it on a ZXR. Top speed's worth fuck all son, you know that.
The point is they don't lack much in the power dept. My mates one was just over 120hp at the rear, and I'm pretty sure (old fella...memory lapses etc) the average blade (and they varied a lot from 1 to the next) was only around 129 at the rear. The blades were a bloody good allrounder roadbike, but the track is very different (as you well know )

White trash
23rd April 2011, 19:55
The point is they don't lack much in the power dept. My mates one was just over 120hp at the rear, and I'm pretty sure (old fella...memory lapses etc) the average blade (and they varied a lot from 1 to the next) was only around 129 at the rear. The blades were a bloody good allrounder roadbike, but the track is very different (as you well know )

And as YOU well know, I look very forward to throwing my SRAD up against your mates ZX7R.

Listen big (old) fella, when have you ever been overtanken on your SRAD by a ZX7? Didn't think so, I rest my case. They're crap.

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 20:02
And as YOU well know, I look very forward to throwing my SRAD up against your mates ZX7R.

Listen big (old) fella, when have you ever been overtanken on your SRAD by a ZX7? Didn't think so, I rest my case. They're crap.
Weeelllll, actually, yes, his ZX7 was a touch faster than the SRAD, on the road at least. Tho not much.

slowpoke
23rd April 2011, 20:05
What about the ZX7? They were kickin arse in wsbk for years. The blade made f-all more power too, and I'll bet a 7R will give it a run for it's money anyday :yes:

Haha, the 'blade was 20kg's lighter than a fat ol' ZXR750, that's what made it so revolutionary. A lil' more hp, a lot more torque, and 20kg's less to lug, if you wanna be up the pointy end you'll be spending up large on the 750.

White trash
23rd April 2011, 20:06
Weeelllll, actually, yes, his ZX7 was a touch faster than the SRAD, on the road at least. Tho not much.

You're a fucken gurl...........

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 20:11
Haha, the 'blade was 20kg's lighter than a fat ol' ZXR750, that's what made it so revolutionary. A lil' more hp, a lot more torque, and 20kg's less to lug, if you wanna be up the pointy end you'll be spending up large on the 750.
Yeh, maybe for minefeild, but I still reckon you'd be in with a good chance. But that's really the point, there's lots more competitive 90's bikes to pick from than 80's. The only real competitive ones are really the very late 80's models, or earlier one's with a shiteload of money tipped into them.

White trash
23rd April 2011, 20:21
Guuuurrrrrrlllllllllllllllll

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 20:22
Screw you guys, SB6 Bimota, easy 150+ hp with a few mods....light as too. 1994 :yes:

slowpoke
23rd April 2011, 20:28
d'oh, farkin' double post's..........

White trash
23rd April 2011, 20:29
Wog gurl. <tenchars/>

DEATH_INC.
23rd April 2011, 20:31
Where's that bloody video from Taupo...... :p

White trash
23rd April 2011, 20:41
d'oh, farkin' double post's..........

And farkin bourbons....god damn bourbon.........

k1w160
23rd April 2011, 21:56
Yep, the aussies do have a pre'95 class (they call it pre-modern) and they were running it in the same race as the pre'89's at the Barry Sheene Festivall of Speed earlier this month.

There's a lot of time and effort that goes into setting up a new class and sorting the rules out, so if your interested, then come along to the NZPCRA and get it put on the agenda for the AGM (not sure if the date has been announced for this yet).
In fact, why not put your hand up to be involved on the NZPCRA board, and then you can take on setting the class up yourself:yes:

Oh yeah, and ex WSB ZXR750 was kicking ass at the the BSFOS (and that's a hard thing for a Yamaha racer to admitt):facepalm:

slowpoke
24th April 2011, 12:07
And farkin bourbons....god damn bourbon.........

Ooooooooo, you're just teasin' me now.......where's that farkin' red rep button....

nige085
2nd May 2011, 22:38
The PCRA of NSW cater for and run a Pre Modern class (pre 96) in Formula 1 & 2. They run in with P6 New Era (pre 89) and get 45 - 50 bikes on the grid at every round!

The 2010 Pre Modern F1 Champ runs a ZX7RR which is a fully blown Ex Factory World Superbike Kawasaki! A fast bike with a class rider!

The 2010 New Era Champ runs a FRZ 1000 which is an Factory Malboro Yamaha Dealer Team Superbike.

There is usually some close racing between the classes which makes for great viewing!

ellipsis
2nd May 2011, 22:58
...we have been talking about adding this class to our club days...only talk... but no smoke without fire...as they say...there will be detractors, no doubt..

k1w160
3rd May 2011, 06:55
Gidday there Nigel - this is the man who has Mick Doohans Malboro factory FZR, and man can he ride it!!!!!

Pleasure to meet you and your partner at the BSFOS, and I hope you'll get this side of the Tasman at some stage for some racing, and if you don't this year, we'll catch up with you at Eastern Creek.

Drew
3rd May 2011, 18:45
Cheers Nigel. Good to know the classes are full up and providing strong entertainment.

I'd really love to race an SRAD gixxer in a competitive environment.

sugilite
3rd May 2011, 21:42

Yes, I'm making progress on the bike, racing tail piece on the way from the UK and the motor will be being built for me in a few weeks, but it's still a way off from getting on the track.

I know it looks like I'm a complete Kawasaki nut, but I've actually owned more suzukis, and if I were to build whatI view as the ultimate bike for this class, it would prob not be ZXR750, as good as they are lol :shutup:

Tell ya what i'd like to see, no good to you tho...is a pre 1000's superbike class. It'd be cool to see all the old 750's and sub thou Vtwins thrashing it out again.
I think pre '89 has had it's day, it's time to move the bar forward a bit...maybe even pre '99....that's still 10+ year old bikes...
Personally, I feel pre89 is just starting to heat up, all sorts of names and machines coming out of the wood work, Eddie Kattenburg was getting faster and faster on that FZR1000 he picked up. I hear Terry Fitzgerald is building a trick RG500 for the class, how I'd love to get on a bike like that and ring it's neck!!! lol

It'll be good seeing Sugilite out there again. This time he won't be turning up, changing the tyres, racing then changing the tyres to ride home again.
Yeah, my wife thought she was buying a van to get stock for her summer markets, looks suspiciously like a race transporter to me lol

Awww c'mon mate there's always clubbies for the square peg in round hole type bikes......but I reckon it would end up being a Fireblade benefit class, with a 17" front wheel and decent rubber they'd murder 916's and ZXR750's etc.

So has Anthony finally got round to chucking all that lovely TKA gear at his ZXR? Heehee, things could be heating up this Winter Series.
Its a world superbike kit from kawasaki. The head is sposed to be really trick too.
It is a way off being finished, maybe the 2nd half of the Actrix, we will see.

your only saying that because the South Island bike shops have only just now received pre 89's as new stock :Pokey:

Yep, just the one championship, but run under nz postie type rules, that model can go out to 850cc plus with a mish mash of pistons and rods from other models, and zx9R motors are pretty much bolt in. Sill won't beat a well set up 7/11 though. :sherlock:

Peter Smith
4th May 2011, 19:26
The PCRA of NSW cater for and run a Pre Modern class (pre 96) in Formula 1 & 2. They run in with P6 New Era (pre 89) and get 45 - 50 bikes on the grid at every round!

The 2010 Pre Modern F1 Champ runs a ZX7RR which is a fully blown Ex Factory World Superbike Kawasaki! A fast bike with a class rider!

The 2010 New Era Champ runs a FRZ 1000 which is an Factory Malboro Yamaha Dealer Team Superbike.

There is usually some close racing between the classes which makes for great viewing!

Hi Nigel,
It was a pleasure to meet you (and watch you disappear in to the distance, normally at the first turn, lol):yes:
I look forward to coming over to Eastern Creek again sometime.
Have they sorted out the 1000 P6 class.
Are Fizzer 1000 allowed or just big bored 750?
If I pull a plug lead off my 1216 it would be 912cc. In NZ we race race some 600's as 450cc triples in F3. (Just a thought :sick:)

nige085
4th May 2011, 20:20
Pete it was great to have you guys over for BSFOS, hopefully you can entice a few more of your Kiwi Racing buddies to do the trip with you next year! It was a pitty the big Suzi let you down but very nice of your Kiwi team mate Graham Lance to let you have a taste of riding a Yammie ( good on ya, Graham )! I'm sure that after a bit more track time that you to would have been right up the front! You carry NZPCRA #1 plate for a good reason, I think it has a lot to do with being up the front of the pack Smithy ????????????

I have been told that there are some arrangements for us to come racing at Taupo on Oct 29th/30th later this year but after doing some research the track is booked for a car meeting on those dates! Can you confirm if there is a meeting at that track for you guys that weekend or if you are racing that weekend at all or somewhere else???

I really like the idea of coming over to race with your club, my wife and myself will holiday after the meet!

Thanks for the kind words and look forward to "catching" up before the end of the year, keeping our fingers crossed! Catching being the operative word!!!!!!

Ride hard and be safe, good luck to you all

Cheers
Nige

nige085
5th May 2011, 19:39
Hi Pete Smith!

I got your PM! As I am new to this site I'm unable to PM you at this stage but Thanks for getting back to me! You can direct e mail me on nige085@bigpond.com.

Thanks for looking into our supposed trip for me and I look forward to a reply with any good or indifferent news as it will set the record straight!

We are about to have Rd 2 of our Championship next Saturday which I am looking forward to getting on my bike again!

I'll leave it there for now and have a good weekend

Cheers
Nige

crazy man
21st June 2011, 15:50
l like the idea of a pre 94. think there was a big change with alot of bikes like the zxr750 to the zx7 complete new bike that did not change much after that

crazy man
23rd June 2011, 17:41
oh well looks likes no one whats to take on my zxr750 so l win

ellipsis
23rd June 2011, 20:28
oh well looks likes no one whats to take on my zxr750 so l win

....yip.....

crazy man
24th June 2011, 20:41
oh yer another win for the zxr

jaffaonajappa
24th June 2011, 20:43
oh yer another win for the zxr

That you in the Avatar? Thought about...um....growing a beard?

driftn
25th June 2011, 07:59
I love racing my zx6 in f2 but if they were to do a pre 96 class I would sell up in a heart beat and get me an SRAD!!!!. Best bike ive ever owned and would love a real good reason to get another one, c'mon how can we make this happen?

driftn
25th June 2011, 08:01

then you clearly weren't trying hard enough ya big pussy.:nya:

crazy man
25th June 2011, 08:30
That you in the Avatar? Thought about...um....growing a beard?no a beard would get in the way of me eating humans

DEATH_INC.
25th June 2011, 10:35
Weeelllll, actually, yes, his ZX7 was a touch faster than the SRAD, on the road at least. Tho not much.[/QUOTE

then you clearly weren't trying hard enough ya big pussy.:nya:
I think if you look back at all the old tests, and wsbk top speeds, you'll find the zx7 was always faster....

crazy man
26th June 2011, 09:04
l would be out racing at the next vic round strate away if l was allowed out with the pre89 and get no point to try out a new class.

slowpoke
26th June 2011, 22:59
l would be out racing at the next vic round strate away if l was allowed out with the pre89 and get no point to try out a new class.

So what's stoppin' ya going out in Clubman's? At club level the dude flappin' off the bar's is way more important that what they are flappin' off.

crazy man
27th June 2011, 04:12
So what's stoppin' ya going out in Clubman's? At club level the dude flappin' off the bar's is way more important that what they are flappin' off.l was thinking of it but years ago l was neary taken out twice in a race that the clubmans were put in after coming around to lap some of them. dont know if l want to be put into a point were l could be knocked of. l have bad athritis that attacks me for every silly bump l get now and just want some fun before l can never race again

codgyoleracer
5th July 2011, 12:06
l was thinking of it but years ago l was neary taken out twice in a race that the clubmans were put in after coming around to lap some of them. dont know if l want to be put into a point were l could be knocked of. l have bad athritis that attacks me for every silly bump l get now and just want some fun before l can never race again

Rumour is that your building a rocketship for F3 crazyman ?

crazy man
5th July 2011, 16:34
Rumour is that your building a rocketship for F3 crazyman ?omg a post here! its not a rocket but a jet turbine lol

sugilite
6th July 2011, 10:56
Just as well as it is a pre89 turbine, all good!

TLR4Lifel
10th July 2011, 18:30
What's all this bs about pre'94 & '96 - everybody knows the real bikes weren't produced until '97 & '98 so I vote the class pre'99. Let's see what ya homo sucking inline toss pots hav' really got eh?

Might as well scrap nationals while we're on the subject. Why have a class for the selected few cheque book racers - let's put them on a bike of their own and see what they really got. No sponsors, no bullshit, production rules.

Two is betterer than four.

Kickaha
10th July 2011, 18:52
Might as well scrap nationals while we're on the subject. Why have a class for the selected few cheque book racers - let's put them on a bike of their own and see what they really got. No sponsors, no bullshit, production rules.

They'd still kick your arse

I can see why you live in Homoville, you'd have to be the Mayor

ellipsis
10th July 2011, 19:11
What's all this bs about pre'94 & '96 - everybody knows the real bikes weren't produced until '97 & '98 so I vote the class pre'99. Let's see what ya homo sucking inline toss pots hav' really got eh?

Two is betterer than four.

...the crack in the girls arse on the left has more substance and sensibilities than your post...

crystalball
10th July 2011, 19:13
Sweet crack 2 :msn-wink:

codgyoleracer
2nd August 2011, 09:17
What's the difference between a hooker and a drug dealer?
A hooker can wash her crack and sell it again

crazy man
3rd August 2011, 18:04
What's the difference between a hooker and a drug dealer?
A hooker can wash her crack and sell it againhe is some imfo on that new yamaha 7 valve 1984 v4 you picked up
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/24/182358524_full.jpg
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/62/182357362_full.jpg

codgyoleracer
4th August 2011, 08:47
he is some imfo on that new yamaha 7 valve 1984 v4 you picked up
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/24/182358524_full.jpg
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/62/182357362_full.jpg

Yeah - thats going into a 88, YZR500 chassis with 60mm USD forks, cf wheels, and factory data logging of the era.
Can i race that in Posties ya think ?
Glen