PDA

View Full Version : Gargre's

Eurygnomes
28th June 2005, 10:56
First things first, why aren't these spelt properly? Is there a distinction between a garage and a gargre (I'm thinking one is at home, one costs more)?

Secondly, what am I gonna do with my spankingish new GN250 since I don't have a gargre/carport?

scumdog
28th June 2005, 11:01
On this site the repository whence one retrieves ones scoot from is known as a 'gargre', lesser mortals only have a garage but we KBers have been blessed with gargres!!!
(except for the poor sods who have to leave their scoot out on the street or similar.) :no:

Ixion
28th June 2005, 11:04
First things first, why aren't these spelt properly? Is there a distinction between a garage and a gargre (I'm thinking one is at home, one costs more)?

Secondly, what am I gonna do with my spankingish new GN250 since I don't have a gargre/carport?

They are spelled properly. Even Mr Hitcher agrees. The palce where a motorcycle lives is a gargre.

AS for where you keep the GN250, what's wrong with the lounge ?. Or failing that a verandah ? GN250s should go up and down steps pretty good.

Pwalo
28th June 2005, 11:05

Get a waterproof bike cover. Your helpful bike shop will no doubt relieve you of some cash in exchange for one.

Good luck with the new bike. Those GNs are fun to ride.

surfchick
28th June 2005, 11:06
yo i see yo bike is all nu and uninsured?? rode my bike uninsured for a bout a month. den i went on a ride w some of the kb boys- jrandom & parsley an pyro and i somehow let it slip that i had no insurance. they wouldn't let me leave the autobahn without getting insurance (all be it $50.00 insurance from state). so cheers boys. i feel better now i can hit that jag or merc with my bike and i won't owe a cent...

great you got your bike. when you get up & running hit that slipstream up and do the auckland mission on the 125 & 250cc bikes!!

i dunno bout what to do w bikes when you got no garage... stick a lock through the wheel but...

Beemer
28th June 2005, 11:45
Gee, you have no gargre or caport and we have five car gargring... which means we can fit more than five bikes. :yes:

Glad I don't live in the city and have to leave my bike outside - hell, ours even have covers on them in the garage! :cool:

Artifice
28th June 2005, 12:20
Gargre = garage, it all started with an obnoctious twit that couldn't speel fo sheet'n stuff.
caught on.
probably still on the nefarious table somewhere.
some 'bunny' dude i think.

Ixion
28th June 2005, 12:22
Gargre = garage, it all started with an obnoctious twit that couldn't speel fo sheet'n stuff.
caught on.
probably still on the nefarious table somewhere.
some 'bunny' dude i think.

Twas that scooter guy was it not ?

Biff
28th June 2005, 12:24
Garages are owned by gheys. Alledgedly.

XTC
28th June 2005, 12:24
i feel better now i can hit that jag or merc with my bike and i won't owe a cent...

Aaah I'd check on that if I were you as you probably still have an excess?? So you may owe a few cents..... Best not hit anything eh?

Paul in NZ
28th June 2005, 12:25
Park it in da house. Thats wot a real biker chick would do. (in front of the oven 'cos ya won't be needin' that anymore)

Ghost Lemur
28th June 2005, 14:14

Do a search on a "member" by the name of Sk8r_Boi_ have a read through some of the threads he posted in and you'll find the origins. Not to mention have a laugh along the way.

MSTRS
28th June 2005, 14:18
Gee, you have no gargre or caport and we have five car gargring... which means we can fit more than five bikes. :yes:

Glad I don't live in the city and have to leave my bike outside - hell, ours even have covers on them in the garage! :cool:

Uh, dunno what's happening with the double post, I edited something and it came up twice - please feel free to delete this one whoever has the power!
You can do that yourself. Go to Edit on one of the 2, next screen has an option to delete...

Hitcher
28th June 2005, 15:04
Welcome to our gargre! The legacy of a twat called sk8r_boi.

Eurygnomes
28th June 2005, 15:45
Gotcha - thanks fellas (and fellasses). Will have to go get lock and cover. And insurance. *sigh* And then bank loan me thinks! :(

Bonez
28th June 2005, 19:28
Hey Eurygnomes you ain't that chick that was on the back of that HD at Boots n Brace's a few weekends back?

FROSTY
28th June 2005, 19:39
come to think of it there are a few KB isms newbs need to figure out
Gargre,PT,sp, and a few more lol

Coyote
28th June 2005, 19:41
come to think of it there are a few KB isms newbs need to figure out
Gargre,PT,sp, and a few more lol
Still dunno what sp and pt mean :confused:

ZorsT
28th June 2005, 21:53
You can do that yourself. Go to Edit on one of the 2, next screen has an option to delete...

a senior membership is needed....
I dunno if you can think back that far but

Ghost Lemur
28th June 2005, 23:02
Still dunno what sp and pt mean :confused:

sp? - Spelling. It's used when someone is unsure if they've spelt a word correct.

pt - Piss take. Self explainatory(sp? :D) really.

Cabbit
15th March 2006, 14:42
CLEAR! -fwump-
*revives thread*

gargre?? garage??
Whats wrong with "Bike hole" ?!

pritch
15th March 2006, 15:16
CLEAR! -fwump-
*revives thread*
gargre??

OK so I'll play.
I thought a gargre was where you parked a sprotbike should you be inflicted(sp?) with one of those . (pt)

Cookie
15th March 2006, 15:48
Welcome to our gargre! The legacy of a twat called sk8r_boi.

Thanks Hitcher.

A search turned up this which looks like the original thread for those who are interested:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2&page=2&highlight=gargre (See post by sk8r_boi_ )

I was welcomed to the "Gargre" but never knew the background.

Another KB'ism is "Tardme". Any history behind this one?

MSTRS
15th March 2006, 16:23
OK so I'll play.
I thought a gargre was where you parked a sprotbike should you be inflicted(sp?) with one of those . (pt)
No no....you prak a sprotsbike in the gargre. Get with the program.

Virago
16th March 2006, 13:21
No no....you prak a sprotsbike in the gargre. Get with the program.
Alongside the crusier.....

Bonez
17th March 2006, 17:59
CLEAR! -fwump-
*revives thread*

gargre?? garage??
Whats wrong with "Bike hole" ?!A "Bike hole" is where ones bike gets buried :crybaby: or disappears, not unlike a black hole :buggerd: . Now I have neither a gargre or garage. I do though have the "play pen" :baby: . A place where I go and play with all my toys................It does somethimes affectionately refered to as "THE SHED" :Oi: . But only on rare :moon:
occasions.