PDA

View Full Version : Wanna help me move a pianny?

slofox
25th April 2011, 17:49
I'm moving house this week.

I thought I had everything sorted.

Not quite so. Some things morph when you aren't looking...

Need to move the piano to my daughter's place Wednesday. From Glenview, The Tron, to Te Rapa, The Tron. At my advanced age I can't lift it by myself anymore - not like I used to!

Anyone able to give me a lift around the middle of the day? (It's not actually a real heavy pianny.) I could offer a reward of either six beers of assorted (and arcane [=international]) nature or a bottle of top red or white wine according to your particular taste.

Probably could do it in an hour or close to.

If you think you could lend a hand, I would be extremely grateful. Please PM.

Thanks all.

Edbear
25th April 2011, 17:52
I could play a tune on it while you move it... :innocent:

Mully
25th April 2011, 17:54
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HgzEBLa3PPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slofox
25th April 2011, 18:08
I could play a tune on it while you move it... :innocent:

Well - hey! That would be very nice thanks Edbear! Waddya play? Could you do the "Hammerklavier"? Haven't heard that live for a bit...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HgzEBLa3PPk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's hope it doesn't come to that! :rofl: Dammit, I remember that ad well...

Edbear
25th April 2011, 18:16
Well - hey! That would be very nice thanks Edbear! Waddya play? Could you do the "Hammerklavier"? Haven't heard that live for a bit...

Let's hope it doesn't come to that! :rofl: Dammit, I remember that ad well...

LOL!!! I had a practice today and not having played for about two years I was dismayed at how bad I was!

Those old PG Tips ads were great, they should bring them back!

slofox
25th April 2011, 20:26
LOL!!! I had a practice today and not having played for about two years I was dismayed at how bad I was!

Those old PG Tips ads were great, they should bring them back!

I played a little Beethoven on mine today - might be the last time I have it to play on. Bit sad really - but then, when it comes down to it, I'd rather have the bike...:whistle:
My hands are all foooked with Dupetreyens Contracture anyway, so WTF?

I'd spend three week riding over an hour on the piano

Edbear
25th April 2011, 20:30
I played a little Beethoven on mine today - might be the last time I have it to play on. Bit sad really - but then, when it comes down to it, I'd rather have the bike...:WHISTLE:
My hands are all foooked with Dupetreyens Contracture anyway, so WTF?

I'd spend three week riding over an hour on the piano

Is that like another term for old age..?

slofox
25th April 2011, 21:31
Is that like another term for old age..?

It's the "Norse Curse" - means you have a norse rapist in your ancestory - wellll....kinda like that anyway...

Spearfish
25th April 2011, 22:07
It's the "Norse Curse" - means you have a norse rapist in your ancestry - wellll....kinda like that anyway...

go on.....

SMOKEU
25th April 2011, 22:32
Need to move the piano to my daughter's place Wednesday.

Could you please post pics of said daughter, just for "informative" purposes?

Warr
25th April 2011, 22:59
Hi there... Sorry I am working 10.30am-7pm Tue-Fri and 7.30-4pm Sat +Sun
Outside them times be happy to give you a hand :)

slofox
26th April 2011, 07:55
Hi there... Sorry I am working 10.30am-7pm Tue-Fri and 7.30-4pm Sat +Sun
Outside them times be happy to give you a hand :)

No probs Warr - thanks anyway.

sil3nt
26th April 2011, 15:55
What sort of help? Just lifting it?

I am free all day. Not overly strong though!

slofox
26th April 2011, 16:03
What sort of help? Just lifting it?

I need help to get it out of the house and into a furniture trailer at my end and back out of the trailer and into daughter's house at t'other end.

steve_t
26th April 2011, 16:08
Can't help tomorrow. How about today?

Geeen
26th April 2011, 16:13
I can help after 5.30 Wednesday? Just put my Grandfathers old piano in our place for my wife. Damn they HEAVY!!

slofox
26th April 2011, 16:15
I'm at work until 7.00pm today and can't get the trailer until tomorrow. But thanks anyway.

slofox
26th April 2011, 16:20
I can help after 5.30 Wednesday? Just put my Grandfathers old piano in our place for my wife. Damn they HEAVY!!

I'll see what I can organise...depends on the furniture trailer.

Geeen
26th April 2011, 17:57
No probs, Just Flick us a text or pm. Both go to my phone.

Quasievil
26th April 2011, 18:20
I need help to get it out of the house and into a furniture trailer at my end and back out of the trailer and into daughter's house at t'other end.

Just Text me when you need it done dude, 0275 430329 Im sure I can help you out, will bring the Idle teenager to help as well

slofox
26th April 2011, 18:28
Just Text me when you need it done dude, 0275 430329 Im sure I can help you out, will bring the Idle teenager to help as well

Thanks Bret but no further need - I have three organised already so we'll be sweet.

Smifffy
26th April 2011, 21:34
Good news!

I bin keepin an eye on this thread and hopin' someone closer would volly up. when you first posted I thought it might be a good excuse for a scoot up to the tron, but with the wind here today I was shyin' off volunteering. I guess I coulda come up in the cage, but to shift a pianny? Nah.

Trust the move is going well.

slofox
27th April 2011, 19:04
A huge thanks to all who offered to help or just plain showed interest. I am deeply grateful and will not forget the favours.

Pianny all moved without mishap. Silent can (well...could at the time) still walk as can (could) cuzzie Dennis.

Rest of the move is as you would expect - shit. The lady vacating where I am going to told me yesterday that she was moving out Friday, Settlement is tomorrow, Thursday. Which I had discussed at length with her. Which she now swears she never heard anything of...and she said nothing either. So I had to sic the lawyers onto the case and it seems we might get to the new home tomorrow after all...

I hate moving. This is the 14th house I have lived in now...getting sick of it.

Biggest bit is tomorrow. Phalanges juxtaposed...:whistle:

superman
27th April 2011, 19:09
Biggest bit is tomorrow. Phalanges juxtaposed...:whistle:

Good on ya, I'm trying to polish off a tough Beethoven piece. But boy does it sound glorious, at least for a flourishing encore! :innocent: If only I had a grand piano, ahh to dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDZYBQyrokQ

I spend about equal time on piano as on bike for now.

slofox
27th April 2011, 19:20
Man ! You's goood man! Look a bit different from what I expected though...

Pity of it all is that I will not have the pianny at my place any more. I have moved it to my daughter's house for her and maybe in the future her kids to play. I hope one of my mokopuna will learn to love it like I have. I can't think of a better thing to do with it.

Good news is that the dude who bought my house is a biker himself. And his Mrs - (now ex I believe) comes from a long line of Taranaki bikers. So I feel that my place is going into very excellent hands. It will be let for six months and then Mrs will come live here. I just hope the tenants in the meantime don't wreck the place. But then the neighbours might just sort them out if they do...

sil3nt
27th April 2011, 20:02
Why the hell is something so small so damn heavy. Knew i should have been hitting the gym the last few weeks instead of doing assignments!

slofox
27th April 2011, 20:06
Cause if your pianny is light it will sound like wind in a junkyard...it will lack GRAVITAS!