PDA

View Full Version : 50 cc Adv bike on TM

Willdat?
26th April 2011, 11:09
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=371549111

I had an SMX 50, the supermotard version of this (Buddha81 had it after me!).

They go damn well for what they are, cheap rego too :woohoo: if $ weren't tight I'd be all over this...
Along with a '11 WR250R :whistle:

26th April 2011, 11:26
If i had the cash i'd snap that one up!!! your sm version was soo much fun and that one could only be better:yes:

DB1k on 50cc, someone's gotta be first:facepalm:

ADVGD
26th April 2011, 11:43
DB1k on 50cc, someone's gotta be first:facepalm:

Best idea I've read so far today topo, that sounds like a great challenge.

....zeRax?

Willdat?
26th April 2011, 14:06
Would be the only 49cc bike anywhere near (ok maybe the Gasgas one too) capable of doing the DB1K in terms of reliability and speed...I have a feeling zeRax's old man has some experience with these motors too? Then use it to claim his <50cc 1/4 mile record?!

GPS MAN
26th April 2011, 17:29
That rocks:scooter:

But, I don't think it would pull my FAT BUTT:facepalm:

Still it would be a hoot!

cooneyr
26th April 2011, 22:52
Damn. Just bought a scooter (did I say that :shutup:) for commuting to work's new office. This would have been much cooler. Already been getting stick from colleges for riding a scooter :facepalm:

DB1k - Zerax the gauntlet has been thrown!

Cheers R

zeRax
26th April 2011, 23:17
HAHAHAHAHA,

you guys >_<!!

as soon as i saw thread title i was allll over it, nom nom nom, opened up trademe,

:O !!!!!! so tempting, damn you guys :P time to put the thinking cap on

zeRax
26th April 2011, 23:35
Would be the only 49cc bike anywhere near (ok maybe the Gasgas one too) capable of doing the DB1K in terms of reliability and speed...I have a feeling zeRax's old man has some experience with these motors too? Then use it to claim his <50cc 1/4 mile record?!

NZ 50cc Standing 1/4 Mile
18.73 seconds
Last set on the 16th December 1973 by Gary Vincent in Waitara.

not bad for a 50cc considering the current open O_O

NZ Open Standing 1/4 Mile
9.36 seconds
Last set on the 16th August 2009 by B Macaskill in Teretonga.

zeRax
26th April 2011, 23:49
Damn you guys.....

Chris_chch
27th April 2011, 12:49
I've got the SMX version and love it to bits. Best way to get around CHCH at the moment. If this was in CHCH, I'd probably get it for the missus!

zeRax
27th April 2011, 13:15
sigh,

you guys owe me for being a spectacle !

Willdat?
27th April 2011, 14:21
I take it you'll be riding it straight back from Auckland?! :woohoo:

I reckon you'll be stoked with it, it would in all seriousness be a part of my dream garage. :yes:

marks
27th April 2011, 14:45
if ever an expansion chamber screamed 'oooh a little rock - smash me. smash me now, harder harder...' its that drooping piece of licorice on the otherwise sweet looking bike

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/92/168996292_full.jpg

zeRax
27th April 2011, 16:57
she'll be right :P probably make up an alloy thingo for it

dont have time to ride it back from up north, going on biketranz.

the registered as moped thing is my one and only pitch to the missus, im'a get a spanked bottom for sure :P

fuck ryan, this is going to be interesting !

im going to have to be well prepared for this one, unlike the others :X

Willdat?
27th April 2011, 17:18
the registered as moped thing is my one and only pitch to the missus, im'a get a spanked bottom for sure :P

"In a time of soaring fuel prices...a 50 cc bike that never needs a WOF and can be registered for just a few $ a week is an essential part of my garage."
I was getting 35-40km/L of WOT everywhere, a 1/4 or 1/8 turn throttle will be a winner...sooo jealous!

I'll ride in support on your WR250R...I might just about be able to keep up... :P

zeRax
27th April 2011, 17:37
lmfao, ill try that line too :P

@ WOT? sounds good ! woop

"In a time of soaring fuel prices...a 50 cc bike that never needs a WOF and can be registered for just a few $ a week is an essential part of my garage."
I was getting 35-40km/L of WOT everywhere, a 1/4 or 1/8 turn throttle will be a winner...sooo jealous!

I'll ride in support on your WR250R...I might just about be able to keep up... :P

Hah, probably take it down as a backup anyhoo :P

cooneyr
27th April 2011, 22:08
she'll be right :P probably make up an alloy thingo for it

dont have time to ride it back from up north, going on biketranz.

Your a bloody legend! Your going to have to work hard on the 50! You didnt have much time left when you were on the KDX 125. No falling to sleep and running into ditches. I might be up for another go at a 1 dayer so you might have a riding buddy if you want it.

Cheers R

Crim
28th April 2011, 06:55
Your a bloody legend! Your going to have to work hard on the 50! You didnt have much time left when you were on the KDX 125. No falling to sleep and running into ditches. I might be up for another go at a 1 dayer so you might have a riding buddy if you want it.
Cheers R

You're a bloody legend Ryan - doing the one dayer on a scooter!:woohoo: - or will you be offering support from the capable back of the 450??

zeRax
28th April 2011, 07:40

Cheers R

:mellow: she's definately going to be longer in the saddle and less stopped time

sounds good pal, yea no falling asleep again, got pretty lucky there :X

maybe make a muesli bar holder or something for on the go rocket fuel :P

NordieBoy
28th April 2011, 07:45
They may be changing the rules soon.
Meaning anything with an engine must be reg'd and wof'd.

cooneyr
28th April 2011, 15:11
You're a bloody legend Ryan - doing the one dayer on a scooter!:woohoo: - or will you be offering support from the capable back of the 450??

Funny bugger aye. Na definitely 450 teritory. Probably gate opener extraordinaire - to help keep Zerax's speeds up. Better wear body armour Z to deflect the roost each time you get past.

Hopefully young'n sleeping through the night and hence me too by then.

Cheers R

Willdat?
28th April 2011, 15:16

WW will vouch for this too, The Sleep Book

http://www.thesleepstore.co.nz/shop/Books+CDs++DVDs/Sleep+4+to+12+months/The+Sleep+Book.html

We're sleeping through now...take home message is...if they cry and you know they're fed/warm/well etc. and you ignore them, then you're not a bad person.

zeRax
28th April 2011, 17:27
Funny bugger aye. Na definitely 450 teritory. Probably gate opener extraordinaire - to help keep Zerax's speeds up. Better wear body armour Z to deflect the roost each time you get past.

Cheers R

woohoo, sounds blaaardy good, sleep up and get your gate opening hands ready ;D hehe

looking forward to it :)!