PDA

View Full Version : GS side stand

barrie
28th April 2011, 16:29
I was fed up with the original suicide sidestand and that the lean angle was excessive on my airhead GS.The welds are a bit rough but could do a better job with some more time.If anyone is interested I got the plans for this off ADV rider. Will make some stainless crashbar replacements next.Cheers.

Phreaky Phil
28th April 2011, 17:09
I was fed up with the original suicide sidestand and that the lean angle was excessive on my airhead GS.The welds are a bit rough but could do a better job with some more time.If anyone is interested I got the plans for this off ADV rider. Will make some stainless crashbar replacements next.Cheers.Its good to see my plans out there being used. :niceone:

barrie
28th April 2011, 21:14
It works a treat, no need to get off to put your stand down.

Thanks for putting the drawings out there.

Its good to see my plans out there being used. :niceone:

Box'a'bits
28th April 2011, 21:32
If anyone is interested I got the plans for this off ADV rider. Will make some stainless crashbar replacements next.Cheers.
You going to launch into mass production now? :shifty:

Padmei
29th April 2011, 08:34
I like your style Barrie. did you buiy all the ingredients or get them for free? If you bought them what do you reckon the price worked out to be?

Those of you that have these sidestands, do you use them all the time instead of thecentre stand or only to nip into the dairy etc?

Is ISland Bay in wellington?

barrie
29th April 2011, 11:54
I use it during daylight hours and put up onto the centre in the garage to stop the oil running into the head at night.
I used some spare stock at work, but stainless is not as expensive as you would think, Proabably about $50 of stainless used, it is the labour that bumps the price up. and yes,Island bay is in Wellington.

I like your style Barrie. did you buiy all the ingredients or get them for free? If you bought them what do you reckon the price worked out to be?

Those of you that have these sidestands, do you use them all the time instead of thecentre stand or only to nip into the dairy etc?

Is ISland Bay in wellington?

BMWST?
6th May 2011, 19:38
i dont have a problem with the suicide stand....i love it that it will never stay down.So it takes a few seconds to deploy,but zero time to retract.

barrie
7th May 2011, 17:34
When I did the GS anniversary ride my only off was in Geraldine high st, I have to get off to put the old side stand down and mistimed it, it gave the customers in the cafe a laugh so was'nt all bad,Cheers

i dont have a problem with the suicide stand....i love it that it will never stay down.So it takes a few seconds to deploy,but zero time to retract.