PDA

View Full Version : Scooterazzi repair review

XV8Crisis
30th April 2011, 17:27
Heya guys,

First post. Not sure if this belongs in general, but will post here for now.

A bit about myself first: Just got started with biking a few months ago, am currently studying for my learners. Have my gear and bought a 1991 Honda Jade (250cc). It's an interesting bike, and I like what I can see for now.

Scooterazzi is a motorcycle/scooter shop located on the corner of Ghuznee and Victoria street in Wellington. Pretty central. They don't seem to have much of an online presence here or anywhere really, and I thought that a shame so wanted to write a review of my time with them up here. They're Wellington city's Honda dealer/repairshop, with the only other one being Motomart in the Hutt. Motomart is an impressive place, but a bit far from my home.

I took it up for a test ride in a local parking lot one day, and noticed that it was not only really touchy on starting up (lights dipping, choke needing to be left on for quite a while, etc.), but the engine would rev like CRAZY whenever I braked to a stop. Turned out the throttle/killswitch assembly was loose and pulling on the throttle cable when I reached for the front brake. Not only that, but the screw was rusted and stripped to Japan and back, so... to the shop! Knowing that Scooterazzi repairs Hondas, them being closer to where I live instead of Motomart, and having a repeatedly grumpy phone conversation with some Motomart salesmen, I thought I'd give Scooterazzi a try.

I had the bike driven in for me the Thursday before Easter weekend on the premise that it needed an oil change, but after re-reading the dipstick and discovering the other problems I had with the bike, I asked for the repair tasks to be a throttle assembly fix and a general check over the bike. Not a problem. The bike was ready for me Tuesday (remember that Friday, Sunday and Monday were public holidays), and I had it picked up Wednesday (scheduling). They don't have a lot of space in the shop, but were fine with me having it sit overnight to be picked up a day later.

On the Tuesday I picked the bike up, the bill read as:
INSTRUCTIONS: Check bike over, look at battery.
LABOUR: checked battery fine, checked fluids, replaced & bled brakes front and rear, test rode.Reccomends a carb ballance and fork tube replacement and overhaul
GSBFI: [a list of the parts they used in the repair process, i.e. brake fluids, cleaning products, grease, 'etc' in this case]

So not only did I get all the problems on my bike fixed that I asked for, I got a respectful, thorough and professional opinion about the rest of it. To boot, the price was well worth it! I was happy.

I took it home, fired her up, checked her over, and all was right. It was worth the scheduling to get it in, the money, the time (and patience!) and effort.

These guys are really nice. I'd fully recommend them for anyone needing a repair.

Any questions I'm more than happy to answer.

Drew
30th April 2011, 17:42
Mark the owner is good bugger all right.:yes:

White trash
30th April 2011, 17:42
Ol Bung Eye (Mark) is a thoroughly good cunt alright. Him and the boys worj their arses off to keep their customers happy.

He does tend to rabbit on a bit though.................. :)