PDA

View Full Version : Police concerned about dangerous antics

MadDuck
28th June 2005, 17:50
"Helensville police say they sympathise with Peak Road residents who regularly complain about the dangerous antics of weekend speedsters.
Sergeant Mike Colson says police now field weekly reports of racing at speeds somtimes over 200kph, and wheels stands on Peak and Old North Roads.
These routes are now popular alternatives to State Highway 16 as a quick way through to Kaukapakapa.
A weekend and fine weather is a perfect combination for bringing out such racers and residents are fed up with it, he says.
Unfortunately, we cant do much without a registration number, and the bikes are going too fast for them to be taken down.
To apprehend them a number of police vehicles is needed, and Mr Colson is trying to arrange for Orewa-based strategic traffic unit to do a patrol"

As reported in todays Rodney times. Now SLOW down so they get your rego number :rofl:

scumdog
28th June 2005, 18:07
All fun and games until the first one ends up in ICU - or dead.

Bonez
28th June 2005, 18:12
Simple solution-Helos............

bugjuice
28th June 2005, 18:14
heliclopters can't see plates while you're goin fast..
shame, I thought it was a nice relaxed road when I did it last weekend. Never ridden it before. Be a shame to be hassled next time I go for a cruise..
either that, or I'll just have to go faster

Bonez
28th June 2005, 18:18
You'll be surprised what can be picked up from the air. Also m/c can be tracked to riders homes..............

scumdog
28th June 2005, 18:19
shame, I thought it was a nice relaxed road when I did it last weekend. Never ridden it before. Be a shame to be hassled next time I go for a cruise..

No, they just follow you to somebody that can - and maybe a roadblock but we won't go there!

SixPackBack
28th June 2005, 18:21
"Helensville police say they sympathise with Peak Road residents who regularly complain about the dangerous antics of weekend speedsters.
Sergeant Mike Colson says police now field weekly reports of racing at speeds somtimes over 200kph, and wheels stands on Peak and Old North Roads.
These routes are now popular alternatives to State Highway 16 as a quick way through to Kaukapakapa.
A weekend and fine weather is a perfect combination for bringing out such racers and residents are fed up with it, he says.
Unfortunately, we cant do much without a registration number, and the bikes are going too fast for them to be taken down.
To apprehend them a number of police vehicles is needed, and Mr Colson is trying to arrange for Orewa-based strategic traffic unit to do a patrol"

As reported in todays Rodney times. Now SLOW down so they get your rego number :rofl:fuck i'll have to slow down , one of my mates is a cop out there

John
28th June 2005, 18:21
Now who was down old north road, I seem to remeber a group hmmm... :lol:

They better not wreck my pootles through 16 (with lots MORE cops) that would gut me.

WINJA
28th June 2005, 18:22
FUCK YEAH I CLOCKED MY BIKE THERE HEAPS IN THE PAST , THE STRAIGHT ENDS IN A STOP SIGN AND YA GOTTA BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVER SHOOT OUT TO SH16, IF YOU GO RIGHT ONTO 16 AND THEN RIGHT AGAIN THAT NEXT ROAD HAS SOME GREAT 250 PLUS CORNERS.
COMING THE OTHER WAY UP PEAK ROAD IS GOOD FOR DOING 200 PLUS WHEELSTANDS OFF THE BUMPS, I LOVE OLD NORTH ROAD IF YOU CROSS 16 AT THE KUMEU END THERE ARE SOME GOOD ROADS ALL THE WAY TO BETHELLS THEN ONTO PIHA

crashe
28th June 2005, 18:25
well there is only one solution to this problem...

Everyone slow down for the next few weeks going throu there...

So then the next time the local's complain to the police, they wont believe them...... So you all go real slow, no wheelies or stay away from there, just for the next few weeks. Til it settles down.

That road is a nice piece to ride on... lets not spoil it for all us slower riders....hehehe. :ride: :ride:

SPman
28th June 2005, 19:00
THE STRAIGHT ENDS IN A STOP SIGN ,

with gravel :devil2:

Bonez
28th June 2005, 19:03
with gravel :devil2:With cow shit at the end of the seal...............

Fart
28th June 2005, 19:04
Better invest in a good radar detector.

DingDong
28th June 2005, 19:40
There's plenty of other places to do 200+, for a couple of weeks anyway :devil2:

MadDuck
28th June 2005, 19:57

Well I posted it tongue in cheek SD. The ride on Sunday was for us SLOW riders. Me at 200+ kph..like the Tui Ad says "YEAH RIGHT"!

The main reason for posting was to give a friendly warning to our faster crew to perhaps go somewhere else for a few weeks should they feel the need to twist the wrist.

Lou Girardin
29th June 2005, 12:35
I travel SH16 quite often, rarely seen these super high speeds. Most bikes are at the 110 to 140 mark.
It sounds like another case of residents hearing a 250 or 400 screaming it's nuts off and they think it's Rossi out for a ride.

sAsLEX
29th June 2005, 13:28
I travel SH16 quite often, rarely seen these super high speeds. Most bikes are at the 110 to 140 mark.
It sounds like another case of residents hearing a 250 or 400 screaming it's nuts off and they think it's Rossi out for a ride.

so true on MRs noob ride I had stopped to point directions, and for the first time heard a cbr250rr in anger flying up the road towards me, sounded like a bloody f1 car what with 18.5 k revs before the upchanges

Morbid
29th June 2005, 14:38
Hehe, my dad used to always give me shit about needing more gears when i would fly up on street on my old zx250r.

That was until i wrote it off up on old north road.... still wicked road to go for a weekend blat.

As for all those slow riders complaining about police giving them pressure - well if your not speeding your not going to get in trouble - right?

madboy
29th June 2005, 14:57
It'll just be the usual public/police over reaction to a nothing story. They woulda seen 3 bikes cracking 200+, 2 doing the odd wheelie (don't know the road but it sounds like it's pretty easy to do that sorta thing out there) and so the next 495 bikes that cruise past at under 140 all get tarred by the same brush.

Average joe wouldn't have a friggin clue how fast a vehicle is travelling unless they were looking at it's speedo, so I don't value their opinion while they're standing at the side of the road.

Interesting that the police was refreshingly honest about their abilities to catch up with the bikers. I thought all HP cars could crack 200+, and we all know that you die as soon as you crack 150k... so says ACC/LTNZ/Police.

JohnBoy
29th June 2005, 15:37
Average joe wouldn't have a friggin clue how fast a vehicle is travelling unless they were looking at it's speedo, so I don't value their opinion while they're standing at the side of the road.

Agreed.. you probably find that the people they think are doing sub light speeds just have a loud pipe, not many non-bikers could tell the diff between loud pipe at 150k and standard pipe at 200k.

my idea would be just to avoid this strech for a while but, if you get the itch just take off your plate and be commited not to stop!

enigma51
29th June 2005, 15:47
It'll just be the usual public/police over reaction to a nothing story. They woulda seen 3 bikes cracking 200+, 2 doing the odd wheelie (don't know the road but it sounds like it's pretty easy to do that sorta thing out there) and so the next 495 bikes that cruise past at under 140 all get tarred by the same brush.

Interesting that the police was refreshingly honest about their abilities to catch up with the bikers. I thought all HP cars could crack 200+, and we all know that you die as soon as you crack 150k... so says ACC/LTNZ/Police.
It nice road for bikes so you can get up to good speeds on them but it is very twisty and I dont think the cars can maintain the top speed like the bikes on that piece of road.

I have never exceeded the speed limit on those roads :whistle:

There is about 2 sections where you should be able to get up to 200 (Never tried though) but the rest is 160 max or in my case 100. So yip I also think it is a case of 1 guy got caught doing 200 now everyone is doint that speed of course

hondacmx450
29th June 2005, 18:07
my idea would be just to avoid this strech for a while but, if you get the itch just take off your plate and be commited not to stop![/QUOTE]
\
hahah i like it but i just got my license back cant lose it again i like rideing mmm dont stop ok

FROSTY
29th June 2005, 19:45
interesting point --I did a ride down that road this arvo--what can I say im addicted. There are a heck of a lot more fancy houses right alongside ridge road nowadays.--bloody urban sprawl stuffing up MY road :mad:

motobob
29th June 2005, 20:22
Guys doesn't matter what the speed your speed is if it's over 100Kmh We are speeding. If it's under then what are riding bikes for :-). The V8 SS the cops use can move bloody quick if he can get the other cagers outa the way. Luckily if the pursuit gets too dangerous he has to cool off the chase, (We can thank a few of our brothers and some cagers for giving up their lives for this too now occur).

One of the lads in blue had a chat with me about getting sick of picking up bikers off Peak and the Riverhead highway. Luckily I just got a warning. Living close to the Riverhead road there are quite a few bikers who do lose though, (and some cager fatalities too, so we are not alone here). Its just life that as soon as the Police identify our Rural race tracks they will target them every now and then. The Police have been aware of the high speed use of these roads for years.

So take care out there, of course if in a group then it is harder to get caught he he. :Punk:

oldfart
29th June 2005, 20:40
[QUOTE=enigma51] I have never exceeded the speed limit on those roads :whistle:

Lying bugger. Well that's another nice rode stuffed. Soon, you won't be able to piss in this country without a permit

Lou Girardin
30th June 2005, 09:33
Guys doesn't matter what the speed your speed is if it's over 100Kmh We are speeding. If it's under then what are riding bikes for :-). The V8 SS the cops use can move bloody quick if he can get the other cagers outa the way. Luckily if the pursuit gets too dangerous he has to cool off the chase, (We can thank a few of our brothers and some cagers for giving up their lives for this too now occur).

One of the lads in blue had a chat with me about getting sick of picking up bikers off Peak and the Riverhead highway. Luckily I just got a warning. Living close to the Riverhead road there are quite a few bikers who do lose though, (and some cager fatalities too, so we are not alone here). Its just life that as soon as the Police identify our Rural race tracks they will target them every now and then. The Police have been aware of the high speed use of these roads for years.

So take care out there, of course if in a group then it is harder to get caught he he. :Punk:

SS V8's. News to me, I thought HP marked cars were all S pack V6's. Anyone in the job confirm?

Then again, lots of people thought our MOT 253's were 308's. And a few more thought we had HDT modded 8's too. Cops do lie. I did! :yes:

Lou Girardin
30th June 2005, 09:37
[QUOTE=enigma51] I have never exceeded the speed limit on those roads :whistle:

Lying bugger. Well that's another nice rode stuffed. Soon, you won't be able to piss in this country without a permit

It's not stuffed, it's well known where the cops sit.

badlieutenant
30th June 2005, 10:37
its happened a few time already. One I know of involved that cattle ramp (painted white with massive strainers) rider and pillion came over the hill heading north (after a bit of a straight near the water and over a small bridge then up and over, it has a name ive just never looked) straight into the strainer. The rider missed the sign indicating the bend. both dead.

Drunken Monkey
30th June 2005, 12:21
SS V8's. News to me, I thought HP marked cars were all S pack V6's. Anyone in the job confirm?

Then again, lots of people thought our MOT 253's were 308's. And a few more thought we had HDT modded 8's too. Cops do lie. I did! :yes:

Considering the officers that got reprimanded for sticking an SS badge on a regular Commodore, I'm inclined to agree. However, can't community constables drive their own vehicles and get and operating expense/reimbursement? I recall seeing a cop driving a white RS Legacy around Swanson a couple of times several years back, granted it could've been her own car and she was off-duty.

Toast
30th June 2005, 12:49
It nice road for bikes so you can get up to good speeds on them but it is very twisty and I dont think the cars can maintain the top speed like the bikes on that piece of road.

I have never exceeded the speed limit on those roads :whistle:

There is about 2 sections where you should be able to get up to 200 (Never tried though) but the rest is 160 max or in my case 100. So yip I also think it is a case of 1 guy got caught doing 200 now everyone is doint that speed of course

There's a couple of sections where you can get up to...nevermind...

I saw a cop out there on tuesday, who slowed to 80kmh when I approached from behind. From that point I just slowed and passed at a casual 120ish on the first available straight. The copper must've been a relatively cool sort though, and didn't get all pedantic and scold me for doing 120 while passing.

I'm sure there would be instances of behaviour roused by the sweet curves of some of the '65' corners on that road that may attract a discourteous stare from the law though.

spudchucka
30th June 2005, 13:26

Haven't seen any v8's about.

Lou Girardin
30th June 2005, 13:28
Haven't seen any v8's about.

Thought so. Another urban myth.

spudchucka
30th June 2005, 13:29
can't community constables drive their own vehicles and get and operating expense/reimbursement?
Doesn't happen down here. They mostly drive Vectras or the shitty old Falcons, one has a Telstar station wagon, poor bugger.

JohnBoy
30th June 2005, 13:39
i remeber seeing the orignal HP cars being SS commowhores in and around welly back in the day.

spudchucka
30th June 2005, 13:40
Thats not to say they aren't about. I don't work on the highways so my knowledge of what they do & don't have is limited to what I see locally. I wouldn't be surprised though if the cops up north, (around Waikato etc) had a few special toys that the rest of us don't get.

madboy
30th June 2005, 13:51
Rumours abound about what the cops targeting the boyracers drive (I've heard WRXs mentioned) but they're probably like the SS rumours, the head planing, cams, computer upgrades, HSVs running Exec bodys... I've yet to see one.

A few years ago the cops in the Manawatu were running 200SXs for the himitangi area, that wouldn't scared a few people back then. All the HPs I've ever seen have been S pack 6s, and they don't exactly light the world on fire. Although at open road speeds it could require a certain amount of vigorous riding to get out of a ticket/court appearance.

And as for cops calling off the pursuits when they become dangerous? Don't believe it. Some do, some don't. As esteemed members of the 5-0 on this site have admitted on occasion (and I know well from my own experience) what is reported back to comms is not necessarily what's going down out there. And the Comms controller can't call off what they don't see/know about.

Runners are almost always dangerous to a certain degree, and going looking for one deliberately is a very dangerous game. But in saying that, sometimes a runner is no more dangerous than what you were doing beforehand - just that a Commodore wants to join the fun!!

WINJA
30th June 2005, 16:12
Thats not to say they aren't about. I don't work on the highways so my knowledge of what they do & don't have is limited to what I see locally. I wouldn't be surprised though if the cops up north, (around Waikato etc) had a few special toys that the rest of us don't get.
YUP A TURBO FALCON AND A SUPERCGARGED COMODORE BASTARDS

loosebruce
30th June 2005, 18:08

Er back to the coromandel i go......... fun while it lasted.

Good roads out there though only been out a few times but great riding when i have.

SixPackBack
30th June 2005, 18:15
You are either a policeman or x.....tell me what happens if they get your plate but can't catch you , are they going to be wating at the end of the driveway when you get home.....intrested in the law surronding speeding,better to run or surrender?

Two Smoker
30th June 2005, 18:28
You are either a policeman or x.....tell me what happens if they get your plate but can't catch you , are they going to be wating at the end of the driveway when you get home.....intrested in the law surronding speeding,better to run or surrender?

Yes they will be waiting at your driveway....

The police have got the new SV-6's which have 190kw... There is the odd XR-6 Turbo (VERY RARE) and the odd stock BA XR-6... Most of them are just S model commodores... Dont know of any SS commodores...

There is many undercover cars... know of old school legacy's and 200SX's being used to see where the Drag train is heading...

enigma51
30th June 2005, 18:31
Old fart has mentioned to me (And someone else) that they have spotted a 4X4 with no markings on but lights in the grill

Marmoot
30th June 2005, 18:35
Old fart has mentioned to me (And someone else) that they have spotted a 4X4 with no markings on but lights in the grill

yea, i have....sky blue coloured old 4x4. was in downtown.

chickenfunkstar
30th June 2005, 18:55
I haven't seen much in the way of police presence on old north road as of yet. I frequently use that road too.

There's hardly any houses on that road, and most of them are a fair way back from the road its self.

I'll keep you posted if I spot anything.

Two Smoker
30th June 2005, 19:16

those are CVIU vehicles.... then there are the scary Nissan Patrols with the huge roof which are STG vehicles...

oldfart
30th June 2005, 19:46
yea, i have....sky blue coloured old 4x4. was in downtown.

holy crap batman!!!!! it's almost enough to make one obey the speed limit - almost - yep that'd probably be the vehicle :devil2:

spudchucka
30th June 2005, 20:01
Think about it. If you were a cop what would you do?

SixPackBack
30th June 2005, 20:05
Think about it. If you were a cop what would you do?
Beat the crap outa them and steal ther shit

N4CR
30th June 2005, 21:42
Last week I pulled up to a roundabout in the rain/crap behind a black holden... didn't think much of it untill after 30secs of waiting I saw these two weird boxes on the rear parcel tray... got quite a fright!

I'm not sure if it was S or SS but it definately had S on it, normal thick exhaust pipe and alloys, No radar hooked up but the keypad thingy below the airvents was there (radio?).

It was the latest model one too :no: so be careful. 'Brake for Holdens' is the best way to go about it lol :msn-wink:

sAsLEX
30th June 2005, 21:50
'Brake for Holdens' is the best way to go about it lol :msn-wink:

tell tale signs are
-lack of tow bar
-aierials
-LPG stickers on most undercover cop cars
-funny wheels (not on s ones though)

TygerTung
30th June 2005, 22:08
I actually got in trouble with a sleeper police car(undercover) a few weeks ago, was just starting to rain, was driving my orange 1975 corolla cage with the worked 5K with 40mm sidedraught dellorto's etc, and did a primo drift around a roundabount, it was at night in an industrial area, had my mates girlfrind in the car and we were on the way to the bottlestore and then going to a party. We were cranking joeseph and the technicolour dreamcoat (a musical) on my stereo real loud, it was great, but this red holden commodore SS which I saw turning left, and had already moved off was actually a police car, he saw me do a drift, and at the next roundaboud I accidentally did a drift due to the slippery surface. Now I got in trouble for careless use, does anyone know if this is very bad? he said he'd send me the court summons, but it hasn't arive yet, I hope it never does, or at least not for a long time!

Anyway this story has no real point, but sleeper police are in all sorts of cars.
Don't give me any leactures about dangerous driving either, there was noone around and it was in an industrial area, I know it's still not ok, but it's not that bad!

I've seen police in commodores(steelies) but now they are getting mags which is flash

You can tell cos they have a masive ariel(spelling?) and usually LPG sticker, and u can see the lights through the grill, on both windows too.

Often they are also in holden astra's, barinas sometimes, and early 90's diamantes.

My mate also said he saw a mitsubishi lancer, dumped on 17's with tints pulling over a biker in the country, but I dunno if it's true.

loosebruce
1st July 2005, 01:56
The muftis with LPG stickers on em are generally detectives and "most" of the time have no radar equipment in them and they aren't generally fussed on pulling you for that slightly rapid overtaking move, or the fact you're doing 118kph, never really looked at the price of LPG is it shitloads cheaper to run a car on, as they do heaps of driving around getting statements etc etc police work etc.
But yeah less and less are coming out with steelies on then now, the biggest tell tale for me now is the lights in the rear window or grill and the big arse gizzmo on the dash or poking out the rear window as well.
They are in almost anything these days, one can only be to careful and er on the side of "what if". The Mazda 6 is another i've seen floating round.

scumdog
1st July 2005, 02:30
tell tale signs are
-lack of tow bar
-aierials
-LPG stickers on most undercover cop cars
-funny wheels (not on s ones though)

That sort of shit went out in the 80's, our muftis have tow-bars, mags, we don't use LPG and the aerials look like the type stock-agents have for theie
r R/T radios.
And some have the red&blue lights hidden by some kind of black nylon mesh - VERY sneaky!!

As I've said before, normally when you notice all the 'obvious' signs you are already at the side of the road with the mufti car sitting behind you, i.e. by the time you see them it's too late pal!!

VRXs, Commodores, Maximas... you name it there's probably one prowling out there.

roo
1st July 2005, 08:34
That sort of shit went out in the 80's, our muftis have tow-bars, mags, we don't use LPG and the aerials look like the type stock-agents have for theie
r R/T radios.
And some have the red&blue lights hidden by some kind of black nylon mesh - VERY sneaky!!

As I've said before, normally when you notice all the 'obvious' signs you are already at the side of the road with the mufti car sitting behind you, i.e. by the time you see them it's too late pal!!

VRXs, Commodores, Maximas... you name it there's probably one prowling out there.

Corrrrrectamondo. Generally by the time you've spotted and id'd them, they've clocked what your upto and decided whether it's worth having a chat to you. You gotta watch their actions in the mirror and make that fateful decision... and it's quite a checklist:
did he get my plate?
have i got enough gas?
do i know the road?
do i have a special move i can pull?
how many intersections can i get to from here?
are they likely to have a heli-pigster in the air, or get it here shortly?
is it really worth ending up in under a truck somewhere?

etc, etc...

sAsLEX
1st July 2005, 08:42
That sort of shit went out in the 80's,

only been driving in the nineties and this is what I have notcied! Just driving around auckland and New Plymouth

Lou Girardin
1st July 2005, 09:30
Corrrrrectamondo. Generally by the time you've spotted and id'd them, they've clocked what your upto and decided whether it's worth having a chat to you.
etc, etc...

Unless your radar detector goes apeshit and you slow before Mr Plod checks you :devil2:

Pixie
1st July 2005, 10:12
Already happened

They don't mention the way the moron residents enter the road without stopping to check for traffic.
(I'm a local, and have seen this too many times to count)

Pixie
1st July 2005, 10:16
It usually is.And I wish the arseholes on bikes wouldn't attract cops onto my road. :rofl: :rofl:

Pixie
1st July 2005, 10:21
FUCK YEAH I CLOCKED MY BIKE THERE HEAPS IN THE PAST , THE STRAIGHT ENDS IN A STOP SIGN AND YA GOTTA BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVER SHOOT OUT TO SH16, IF YOU GO RIGHT ONTO 16 AND THEN RIGHT AGAIN THAT NEXT ROAD HAS SOME GREAT 250 PLUS CORNERS.
COMING THE OTHER WAY UP PEAK ROAD IS GOOD FOR DOING 200 PLUS WHEELSTANDS OFF THE BUMPS, I LOVE OLD NORTH ROAD IF YOU CROSS 16 AT THE KUMEU END THERE ARE SOME GOOD ROADS ALL THE WAY TO BETHELLS THEN ONTO PIHA
Got to be careful when there is a cop hiding under the oak by the church,you mean,Or up by the cemetary in the other direction.I hope this raises your level of paranoia.

Pixie
1st July 2005, 10:30
There's a couple of sections where you can get up to...nevermind...

I saw a cop out there on tuesday, who slowed to 80kmh when I approached from behind. From that point I just slowed and passed at a casual 120ish on the first available straight. The copper must've been a relatively cool sort though, and didn't get all pedantic and scold me for doing 120 while passing.

I'm sure there would be instances of behaviour roused by the sweet curves of some of the '65' corners on that road that may attract a discourteous stare from the law though.
Probably a local (Helensville)cop.They don't seem to care to do traffic,I see them all the time,never have the radar on.
One even drove past when I was pulling my bike out of the ditch,he waved but didn,t stop. :clap:

Marmoot
1st July 2005, 16:20
holy crap batman!!!!! it's almost enough to make one obey the speed limit - almost - yep that'd probably be the vehicle :devil2:

im not worried about the vehicle type.
It's the red-blue light that has hypnotizing effect to slow me down

madboy
1st July 2005, 17:41
It's the red-blue light that has hypnotizing effect to slow me downReally? I find my natural reaction is quite the opposite while I run through roos checklist in my head. But scrub the heli, pigs don't fly down here.

Marmoot
2nd July 2005, 11:48
Really? I find my natural reaction is quite the opposite while I run through roos checklist in my head. But scrub the heli, pigs don't fly down here.

I just can't spare the thought of being anally-buggered in the slammer, mind you :yes:

Lou Girardin
4th July 2005, 10:31
I just can't spare the thought of being anally-buggered in the slammer, mind you :yes:

Is there another way to be buggered?

Marmoot
4th July 2005, 12:03
Is there another way to be buggered?
ah...redundancy.......

Eurygnomes
4th July 2005, 12:14
We were cranking joeseph and the technicolour dreamcoat (a musical) on my stereo real loud, it was great [snip] Now I got in trouble for careless use, does anyone know if this is very bad?

Listen to a real musical! :whistle:

Coldkiwi
4th July 2005, 18:29

oh come on buddy, you're not serious! I know residents sometimes get a little excited simply because a bikes doing 8000rpm but there are plenty of guys out there that regularly put their bikes over 150 on those roads.
I mean, its not exactly hard to do on sportsbikes these days and it pretty much takes more will power to NOT go that quick than it does to wind it on!

Lou Girardin
5th July 2005, 09:05
oh come on buddy, you're not serious! I know residents sometimes get a little excited simply because a bikes doing 8000rpm but there are plenty of guys out there that regularly put their bikes over 150 on those roads.
I mean, its not exactly hard to do on sportsbikes these days and it pretty much takes more will power to NOT go that quick than it does to wind it on!

I should clarify, I was talking about a consistant speed. I've seen the odd rider nail it on the straights, but most aren't that quick when it gets tight.

Pixie
5th July 2005, 12:36
I should clarify, I was talking about a consistant speed. I've seen the odd rider nail it on the straights, but most aren't that quick when it gets tight.
Yesterday I went to do a job in town in my "commercial vehicle" (MX5). As I turned onto Peak rd there were two bikes about 200 meters back.I passed a few cars,but I was conserving gas as I was running low. I was doing 115 to 120 km/hr and not slowing for most corners.The bikes seemed to make an attempt to catch up at first ,I could see them passing the cars I had passed ,but I lost sight of them eventually.I think they gave up.

Toast
6th July 2005, 18:11
Probably a local (Helensville)cop.They don't seem to care to do traffic,I see them all the time,never have the radar on.
One even drove past when I was pulling my bike out of the ditch,he waved but didn,t stop. :clap:

haha, you'd think he'd stop...maybe he had to be somewhere though. At least he didn't jump out and proclaim you guilty of careless use or some such, I reckon some would.