PDA

View Full Version : Aussies coming for Taupo

nige085
2nd May 2011, 22:06
It looks like an Aussie Team will be coming over to attend the Taupo meeting on October 29th/30th 2011. Apparently arrangements are in the early stages and more will be known at PCRA of NSW 2nd Rd @ Wakefield Park on 14th May 2011.

Looking forward to catching up with Pete Smith and the Pre 89 boys again.
Nige Taylor

sharky
18th May 2011, 17:40
It looks like an Aussie Team will be coming over to attend the Taupo meeting on October 29th/30th 2011. Apparently arrangements are in the early stages and more will be known at PCRA of NSW 2nd Rd @ Wakefield Park on 14th May 2011.

Looking forward to catching up with Pete Smith and the Pre 89 boys again.
Nige Taylor

Choice one - will be good to have you guys over here.
That Peter Smith guy though....

Kickaha
18th May 2011, 18:19
There should be more than one + Sidecar teams

Peter Smith
21st May 2011, 20:07
Choice one - will be good to have you guys over here.
That Peter Smith guy though....

You'll keep, ya checky s**t.:scooter:

From what I can gather, It looks like this.

Friday - MOTO TT Day (for those that are abit rusty, like me)
Saturday- Vic Club Final Round
Sunday- NZPCRA GP meeting

Bag me and stuff me if I'm wrong, but this is my take on it all.:blink:

sharky
31st May 2011, 08:36
You'll keep, ya checky s**t.:scooter:

From what I can gather, It looks like this.

Friday - MOTO TT Day (for those that are abit rusty, like me)
Saturday- Vic Club Final Round
Sunday- NZPCRA GP meeting

Bag me and stuff me if I'm wrong, but this is my take on it all.:blink:

HAHA - So you old codgers are normally pretty organised, have you got the dates for the rest of the rounds figured out yet? I might give the whole series a crack this time if it works out.

Peter Smith
3rd June 2011, 08:52
HAHA - So you old codgers are normally pretty organised, have you got the dates for the rest of the rounds figured out yet? I might give the whole series a crack this time if it works out.

Unfortunately I have not been unable to attend the committee meetings so I'm not sure where they are at. Last year a schedule was sorted by the AGM but it got changed several times due to clubs changing their dates and complaints about Paeroa being part of the series.
Some of the clubs like AMCC don't release their calendar till later in the year.

You should definately do the series. you would have a very good chance of winning the #1 plate. It's all about consistency. Do all the rounds and finish every race and you'll have a good chance to take the #1 plate.:yes::yes:

codgyoleracer
10th June 2011, 09:47

You should definately do the series. you would have a very good chance of winning the #1 plate. It's all about consistency. Do all the rounds and finish every race and you'll have a good chance to take the #1 plate.:yes::yes:

I thought you guys simply held a vote on who was going to get which plates each year ?, whoever brings the most scones & tea wins the lowest number? :-)

Peter Smith
10th June 2011, 14:37
I thought you guys simply held a vote on who was going to get which plates each year ?, whoever brings the most scones & tea wins the lowest number? :-)

It is also dependant on what bike you ride, I think it was decided to be a Kawasaki for this year.
Unfortunately for you Bimota's are not listed at the moment. :sick::sick:

codgyoleracer
10th June 2011, 14:41
It is also dependant on what bike you ride, I think it was decided to be a Kawasaki for this year.
Unfortunately for you Bimota's are not listed as the moment. :sick::sick:

Whatever do you mean ????, :-) , I am out to buy some green paint then...... , Gotta think up some way to beat 1480cc Suzukis...

Peter Smith
10th June 2011, 18:41
Whatever do you mean ????, :-) , I am out to buy some green paint then...... , Gotta think up some way to beat 1480cc Suzukis...

Too late Mike got it on the ZXR750. Next season I think it is Yamahas turn. If only there was a fast one out there some where. :shutup::shutup:

crazy man
11th June 2011, 09:22
so the new Bimota l bought lm not aloud to race it in 89 class till l get aproved!

crazy man
11th June 2011, 09:29
I thought you guys simply held a vote on who was going to get which plates each year ?, whoever brings the most scones & tea wins the lowest number? :-)how is that 88 nsr 500 project coming along bet you dont know how l found out about it!

Peter Smith
13th June 2011, 21:37
so the new Bimota l bought lm not aloud to race it in 89 class till l get aproved!

I heard that Glen got the Bimota, my bad. I was just tring to wind the old fella up.
If its an 89 you sure can race it. I would be cool to see one on the track.

P.S. who are you, ya lucky dude?

crazy man
17th June 2011, 08:18
l'm glens younger brother ben! lv been in jail most my life and going racing now here is my pic keep a look out for me
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/35/176087035_full.jpg

Rcktfsh
18th June 2011, 20:13
l'm glens younger brother ben! lv been in jail most my life and going racing now here is my pic keep a look out for me
http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/35/176087035_full.jpg

Uncanny resemblense, you two must have had a lot of fun falling people by pretending to be the other. What model is the Bimota?

nige085
18th June 2011, 22:07
As there has been no news with regards our supposed visit to NZ I don't think it is going to happen this year! Pete Smith, I appreciate that the NZPCRA and the other clubs trying to put the event on are only a small concern, after speaking with our commitee here I have been told it is more likely to happen sometime next year! Pitty really as I was looking forward to racing and holidaying in NZ to finish off my season! Any updates would be welcomed! If we don't get to your shores in 2011 then maybe see you guys at Eastern Creek for the 2012 Barry Sheene Festival of Speed!

Cheers
Nige Taylor

crazy man
19th June 2011, 19:10
Uncanny resemblense, you two must have had a lot of fun falling people by pretending to be the other. What model is the Bimota?the Bimota is a yb8. l have been told lm the better looking one in the family! but glen might have somthing to say about that! lol

Rcktfsh
19th June 2011, 19:33
the Bimota is a yb8. l have been told lm the better looking one in the family! but glen might have somthing to say about that! lol

YB8 is exactly the same as a YB6 exup except the paint job so eligibility should not be an issue as the YB6 exup was released in 89.

codgyoleracer
20th June 2011, 10:37
Uncanny resemblense, you two must have had a lot of fun falling people by pretending to be the other. What model is the Bimota?

Uncanny resemblance you say ?........... Geez. That "Crazyman" name is pretty much spot on. The last time i saw my brother he was 6ft7 and had dark hair, so unless he has had a face transplant i would suggest that it aint him.

Who are you mystery Crazyman ?, i look forward to our Bimota battle-off. Last time a read a thread on Kiwibonker about you - the person said you had a big as beer belly and needed training wheels to get out of pit lane ?

Have you improved ??

crazy man
20th June 2011, 16:43
Uncanny resemblance you say ?........... Geez. That "Crazyman" name is pretty much spot on. The last time i saw my brother he was 6ft7 and had dark hair, so unless he has had a face transplant i would suggest that it aint him.

Who are you mystery Crazyman ?, i look forward to our Bimota battle-off. Last time a read a thread on Kiwibonker about you - the person said you had a big as beer belly and needed training wheels to get out of pit lane ?

Have you improved ??lucky for me l dont drink beer just the good stuff! lm your yonger brother the one that used to lap you lol l mite let you ride my bimota if your lucky also will remove your old trainer wheels you gave me a year or two back

codgyoleracer
6th July 2011, 14:37
lucky for me l dont drink beer just the good stuff! lm your yonger brother the one that used to lap you lol l mite let you ride my bimota if your lucky also will remove your old trainer wheels you gave me a year or two back

Haha - man your so ugly, I reckon dogs even close their eyes when they hump your leg.....

Peter Smith
19th July 2011, 18:19
Hi Nige,
You will have to wait till next year before you can come over. I don't think you would have liked the Taupo track, its a bit small for your beasty. It's even hard to get the Auckland guys to come down.
We will try for Hampton Downs next year, it's a much better track with some crazy corners.
I won't be at Eastern creek next year as the new P6 rules exclude my bike from kicking some yamaha butt. I'll be checking the results and expect to see your name at the top again.:yes:

As there has been no news with regards our supposed visit to NZ I don't think it is going to happen this year! Pete Smith, I appreciate that the NZPCRA and the other clubs trying to put the event on are only a small concern, after speaking with our commitee here I have been told it is more likely to happen sometime next year! Pitty really as I was looking forward to racing and holidaying in NZ to finish off my season! Any updates would be welcomed! If we don't get to your shores in 2011 then maybe see you guys at Eastern Creek for the 2012 Barry Sheene Festival of Speed!

Cheers
Nige Taylor

puddy
19th July 2011, 21:54
Hi Peter,
Round 1:22nd 23rd October NZCMRR Hampton Downs
Round 2/3:30th October NZPCRA Taupo
Round 4:19th 20th November NZCMRR Mnafield
Round 5:4th December AMCC Hampton Downs
Round 6:17th 18th March National Round AMCC Hampton Downs
Round 7:22nd April AMCC Pukekohe

codgyoleracer
21st July 2011, 12:20
I won't be at Eastern creek next year as the new P6 rules exclude my bike from kicking some yamaha butt. I'll be checking the results and expect to see your name at the top again.:yes:[/QUOTE]

A Suzuki beating a Yamaha postie ?, - never heard that one before ...... ;-)

codgyoleracer
1st August 2011, 09:47
[QUOTE=Peter Smith;1130086006]I heard that Glen got the Bimota, my bad. I was just tring to wind the old fella up.
If its an 89 you sure can race it. I would be cool to see one on the track.

Hi Pete
Yip - i picked up a Bimota YB8 for the class, they were being manufactured and were released at the 89 Milan show & i have a mate in the UK that registered his in August 1989. My one is an 89 model & has the 89 exup motor in it. It should be a bit of fun when i get it going (it wasnt a runner & needs a fair bit of TLC :-)
Bimota also produced the YB8E & the Tuatara injected models a year later
Hopefully will be out there soon Suzuki Huntin........ Glen :yes: