PDA

View Full Version : Hawera - can anyone local to Hawera pick up a bike and rider? (4 May)

Her_C4
4th May 2011, 12:42
Can anyone help me out by picking up a bike and rider :facepalm: from Hawera and bringing him closer to Wellington (either Wanganui, Fielding or Palmy)??

The problem with the bike is apparently terminal :shit: so no amount of cosseting will get it moving at this stage.

I can't head out this afternoon until 3'ish (work) and I can borrow Craigs race van but it will take me till after 6pm before I can meet up with him so hoping someone can help out.

PM me if you can help please?

White trash
4th May 2011, 13:38
Can anyone help me out by picking up a bike and rider :facepalm: from Hawera and bringing him closer to Wellington (either Wanganui, Fielding or Palmy)??

The problem with the bike is apparently terminal :shit: so no amount of cosseting will get it moving at this stage.

I can't head out this afternoon until 3'ish (work) and I can borrow Craigs race van but it will take me till after 6pm before I can meet up with him so hoping someone can help out.

PM me if you can help please?

It's not an Italian steed with wet electrics by chance is it? Can't help sorry doll, I'm stuck at work too.

Her_C4
4th May 2011, 13:47
It's not an Italian steed with wet electrics by chance is it? Can't help sorry doll, I'm stuck at work too.

Indeed WT, indeed :shutup:

Her_C4
4th May 2011, 14:24
Anyone? Anyone at all??

Would it help if I mentioned that he is a long time KB'er up here tripping around the North Island and was on his way back to Wellie to head on home?

nadroj
4th May 2011, 20:06
Get hold of PaulMac at Action Suzuki Hawera 06 2784160.

Kickaha
7th May 2011, 08:39

Wet electrics would have been an easy fix

Just as I arrived at Hawera and turned to go towards the town centre there was a bit of a clunk and I got the clutch in quick smart

A gentle prod of the starter button resulted in more clunking noises and the engine not turning over, about that time a some random stranger turned up and asked if everything was ok and then insisted I come back to his place for tea and biscuits

So after tea and biccies I wandered back to the bike and dragged out some tools already suspecting a dropped valve seat and after pulling the plug on the front cylinder found it rather munted

After a couple of calls Her_B4 had sorted a van and would drive up to get me but wouldn't arrive until about 7pm

Pussy turned up and we went for a snack and he kindly offered me the use of his bike, which tempting as it was didn't solve the problem of what to do with mine

Chic n charge also offered to come down from New Plymouth with a ute to pick me up and take me back to their place but I really needed to get myself and the bike further south

So I wandered around Hawera for a while and later on got a hold of one of the sidecar guys and went back to his place once he'd finished work while I waited to be picked up

Just after 7pm Her_B4 shows up and within minutes we're loaded and ready to go for the trip to Welly, job sorted

So a big thanks to Craig, John, Stu and Kelly for the help, the loan of the van and assorted offers of help to get me out of being stranded and especially Chrissie for taking so much of her time to drive up and rescue me

Oh yeah seem to be fairly friendly people in Hawera with abut 4-5 different people stopping to see if I was ok, wanted a cup of tea etc so I can recommend it as a good place to break down

Pussy
7th May 2011, 10:30
You're welcome, Kick!
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance to you, mate.

Voltaire
7th May 2011, 11:58
Come over to the 'rubber bandy" side Luke......:innocent:
I didn't realise Ducati built the TT engine failure into the Replicas....
If I recall the front cylinder on bevels were known for this...?

Her_C4
10th May 2011, 13:22
Ha Ha

I have a Ducati in my garage again :woohoo::innocent:

White trash
10th May 2011, 13:33
Ha Ha

A Spyder would look better and be more reliable :innocent:

Kickaha
10th May 2011, 15:33
Ha Ha

Hopefully not for to long

Well you got the reliability bit right, I guess one out of two is a pretty good hit rate for you

Crasherfromwayback
10th May 2011, 15:37
Hopefully not for to long

Our sale for CH CH ain't happening sorry mate.

willytheekid
10th May 2011, 15:45
Ohhh shit! :shit: not the MHR!! :facepalm:

Hope everything is getting sorted Kick, so sorry to hear/read about the bike.
But your so right about Hawera & the Naki (used to live there) - very friendly and helpful people.

THC! (Taranaki Hard Core)

Kickaha
10th May 2011, 15:52
Our sale for CH CH ain't happening sorry mate.

No problem, had alternative plans just in case so I'll get that underway

Her_C4
10th May 2011, 16:11

nah wouldn't be a good look next to the other vehicles .. even a Ducati that isn't going is all class :) Dont anyone mention the RG and the 'blade ok?

No problem, had alternative plans just in case so I'll get that underway

Hmmm shall I 'rent the van' and drive it down? LOL

Kickaha
10th May 2011, 16:27
nah wouldn't be a good look next to the other vehicles .. even a Ducati that isn't going is all class :) Dont anyone mention the RG and the 'blade ok?
Maybe if they do one in white so it matches the car

Hmmm shall I 'rent the van' and drive it down? LOL
I did consider something similar but it's more expensive than freighting it

Kickaha
11th May 2011, 17:16
If I recall the front cylinder on bevels were known for this...?

I rung an engineer to day who has the misfortune to own a Darmah, he has just done a head of his own which had the same failure

After asking if it was the front cylinder he then said apparently they can do it if you ride in the rain as the front head cops a lot more cooling

So there's one more reason not to ride in the rain

Voltaire
11th May 2011, 18:56
misfortune to own a Darmah

I'd miss-a-fortune if I had to buy one now...:innocent:

MIXONE
11th May 2011, 19:22
I rung an engineer to day who has the misfortune to own a Darmah, he has just done a head of his own which had the same failure

After asking if it was the front cylinder he then said apparently they can do it if you ride in the rain as the front head cops a lot more cooling

So there's one more reason not to ride in the rain

Is this bevels only?I ride my monster every day in all sorts of weather and so far so good (knock on wood),apart from foggy instruments and a wet crutch.:angry:
Must be the good servicing it gets at TSS eh trashy.

Kickaha
11th May 2011, 19:39
Is this bevels only?I ride my monster every day in all sorts of weather and so far so good (knock on wood),apart from foggy instruments and a wet crutch.:angry:
Must be the good servicing it gets at TSS eh trashy.

No Idea, I'd never heard of it until this happened, did over 50K on my last one with no problems before I sold it

Voltaire
11th May 2011, 20:44
There are 3 MHR's on TM, one add says its one of 2 or 3 in the country....how can you have one....?:innocent:
They look really good in blue....:sick: