PDA

View Full Version : If ya don't have breakfast, then what good's a breakfast bar, eh?

98tls
6th May 2011, 18:03
Busy doing bike stuff on a cold/wet first day off whilst the other 1/2 was sleeping off a night shift,all good until she emerges from the pit and first contact was "that's a breakfast bar not a f@cking workbench":shit:somewhat taken aback i replied "i dont eat breakfast nor do you so ive turned it into a cold day workbench":gob:Dont think she understood as i explained to her that i was making good use of an otherwise unused space whilst enjoying the comfort of a glowing fire:facepalm:She replied with angry eyes and a loudly slammed door:shut up:Still cant work out the problem.:whocares::innocent:Jesus i even went to the trouble of covering up the "cold day" workbench with one of her towels:facepalm:

AllanB
6th May 2011, 18:05
GOOD MAN - I LIKE YOUR STYLE!

Now she probably often complains that you are not in the kitchen often enough - finally you show an interest and ........

Gremlin
6th May 2011, 18:13
Lets face it... you can't win. Stop thinking you can.

Nice forks.

Ricardo S
6th May 2011, 18:17
Busy doing bike stuff on a cold/wet first day off whilst the other 1/2 was sleeping off a night shift,all good until she emerges from the pit and first contact was "that's a breakfast bar not a f@cking workbench":shit:somewhat taken aback i replied "i dont eat breakfast nor do you so ive turned it into a cold day workbench":gob:Dont think she understood as i explained to her that i was making good use of an otherwise unused space whilst enjoying the comfort of a glowing fire:facepalm:She replied with angry eyes and a loudly slammed door:shut up:Still cant work out the problem.:whocares::innocent:Jesus i even went to the trouble of covering up the "cold day" workbench with one of her towels:facepalm:

how can't she not be happy with that? you guys could spend some good quality time there :) she could cook some bacon and eggs while you work on your bike for instance?

slofox
6th May 2011, 18:18
I had a landlord like that once - he kicked me out of his flat because I was rebuilding a bike in the lounge...it was all clean dammit. Bastard had no insight at all...:angry:

Mom
6th May 2011, 18:19
Jesus i even went to the trouble of covering up the "cold day" workbench with one of her towels:facepalm:

They are clean :yes:

Beats a differential being dismantled on the lounge room carpet, with just a bit of newspaper to absorb the oil :pinch:

steve_t
6th May 2011, 18:21
As long as you don't damage the bench and as long as the forks don't sit there untouched for a month, I don't see the problem

98tls
6th May 2011, 18:22
how can't she not be happy with that? you guys could spend some good quality time there :) she could cook some bacon and eggs while you work on your bike for instance?

Indeed,i have some wonderful memorys of our breakfast bar.......and motorcycles.

98tls
6th May 2011, 18:24
They are clean :yes:

Beats a differential being dismantled on the lounge room carpet, with just a bit of newspaper to absorb the oil :pinch:

Xactly Mom,i learnt from the old mans mistakes,he rebuilt a 650 SS Norton in the lounge,the old lady left before it was finished.:bye:

Fatt Max
6th May 2011, 18:30
Right with you there mate, the forks were clean, the surfaces were protected so what the fuck is all the jibba jabba about.

I have French windows but they dont say "oh la la" when I open them. I have a mini music system but dont own a mini, I have a Welsh dresser but no sign of an undressed Welsh person in my house (thank fuck, the last Welsh bird I saw in the nuddy had a wizards beard you could lose a badger in), I have log fire but I dont poo in it, I have a shag pile carpet and....well, you guessed it.....

And none of it bothers me......I mean, I have a salad bowl but all it has ever had in it is twisties, rashuns or toenail clippings.

So Breakfast Bar, make that utility workbench for biker parts.....means nowt so nowt to jibba jabba 'bout...

Mom
6th May 2011, 18:31
Xactly Mom,i learnt from the old mans mistakes,he rebuilt a 650 SS Norton in the lounge,the old lady left before it was finished.:bye:

You dun learned good boy :yes:

Ricardo S
6th May 2011, 18:37
Indeed,i have some wonderful memorys of our breakfast bar.......and motorcycles.

thats what i'm talking about :)

Kickaha
6th May 2011, 18:47
I had a similar conversation once when someone found some engine cases in the oven being warmed up to fit some bearings in them

PrincessBandit
6th May 2011, 18:47
......I mean, I have a salad bowl but all it has ever had in it is twisties, rashuns or toenail clippings.

Tasty were they?

Back on topic...I look at it like this. If it's short temporary (as opposed to indefinite temporary) then I don't see a problem. Whaddya have ya garage for otherwise?

AllanB
6th May 2011, 18:51

Darn those wheels look good - you could just about mount them on display in the living room.

Is that one of those fancy alloy sprockets with a steel outer? Strike me as the best of both worlds, light and strong.

98tls
6th May 2011, 18:52
I had a similar conversation once when someone found some engine cases in the oven being warmed up to fit some bearing in them

Yum,nothing like the smell of warming cases,rather that than some of my other 1/2s cooking believe me:shutup:

hellokitty
6th May 2011, 19:01
At least the stuff was clean... maybe don't use a white towel next time, just in case...
It would seem stupid to me, to have a fire going and go out into the cold garage... better to take advantage of the warmth!

98tls
6th May 2011, 19:05
Darn those wheels look good - you could just about mount them on display in the living room.

Is that one of those fancy alloy sprockets with a steel outer? Strike me as the best of both worlds, light and strong.

Yea mate,not so much light but bloody long wearing,they just dont wear out,ive got one mounted up on the original TL rims that saw out 2 chains and still looks as new.sadly i couldnt use it on these rims as they needed a ZX12 sprocket.Pic of it fwiw.If anyone knows anyone with a TLS looking for a rear sprocket sing out,they can have it.

98tls
6th May 2011, 19:11
At least the stuff was clean... maybe don't use a white towel next time, just in case...
It would seem stupid to me, to have a fire going and go out into the cold garage... better to take advantage of the warmth!

Was clean when i finished,to be honest not so when i started,shes all good with it now,probably not the best thing to come across after 4 12 hour nightshifts.Shes having a laugh reading the thread as we type anyway.

hellokitty
6th May 2011, 19:14
Was clean when i finished,to be honest not so when i started,shes all good with it now,probably not the best thing to come across after 4 12 hour nightshifts.Shes having a laugh reading the thread as we type anyway.

after doing 4 12 hour night shifts, you are lucky to be alive... :blink: I used to go crazy doing night shifts

98tls
6th May 2011, 19:16
after doing 4 12 hour night shifts, you are lucky to be alive... :blink: I used to go crazy doing night shifts

Indeed mate,though we both now have 4 days off so all good.:woohoo:

boman
6th May 2011, 19:16
Can't see a problem at all, with the picture. Good use of space.

yod
6th May 2011, 19:44
you don't eat breakfast?!

AllanB
6th May 2011, 19:53
Indeed mate,though we both now have 4 days off so all good.:woohoo:

Excellent - she'll be able to make it up to you then in the prescribed manner :woohoo:

PS - it is possible that you have the tidiest TL in NZ.

98tls
6th May 2011, 20:10
Excellent - she'll be able to make it up to you then in the prescribed manner :woohoo:

PS - it is possible that you have the tidiest TL in NZ.

Nope,theres 2 others (owned by the same bloke) that i would swap mine for in a heartbeat.Probably plenty other tidy ones around though i havent come across them.Theres also the fact that the things hardly original,TLR/Busa/GSXR bits etc,thing is though if i am still alive when the thing becomes a classic Jappa ive got all the OEM stuff to put back on.Even got an old pooper scooper rear wheel thing somewhere.

Swoop
6th May 2011, 20:37
Any left over oil can be used to have a fry-up in!
True story.

Ze Germans did that in Africa during WWII.

OK. So something about the entire squadron being crook as dogs and not being able to fly for some reason...

Woodman
6th May 2011, 20:49
When i read the title i thought it said "If ya don't eat breakfast, then whats a good breakfast bar ?" Was going to reply that Uncle Tobys muesli bars were good, but getting up earlier and having proper muesli with yoghurt is much better.:facepalm::facepalm:

98tls
6th May 2011, 20:53
When i read the title i thought it said "If ya don't eat breakfast, then whats a good breakfast bar ?" Was going to reply that Uncle Tobys muesli bars were good, but getting up earlier and having proper muesli with yoghurt is much better.:facepalm::facepalm:

:laugh::laugh:Cheers for the advice.

Genie
6th May 2011, 20:58

..and I was going to say, it's a good place for some raunchiness...muffins anyone???

Maha
6th May 2011, 20:58
Lets face it... you can't win. Stop thinking you can.

Nice forks.

Ginsue?......:corn:

Woodman
6th May 2011, 21:02
..and I was going to say, it's a good place for some raunchiness...muffins anyone???

My breakfast bar is not that big

MisterD
6th May 2011, 21:04
you don't eat breakfast?!

I'm with you...I saw "breakfast bar" and was instantly transported to the world's most awsomest greasy spoon on St Mary's Place in Newcastle...Bacon & Egg Stotties...I believe teh intermawebs vernacular is "nom nom nom"

98tls
6th May 2011, 21:08

Best served with a gentle drizzling of Baileys as you go.:shutup:

AllanB
6th May 2011, 21:11
Theres also the fact that the things hardly original,TLR/Busa/GSXR bits etc,thing is though if i am still alive when the thing becomes a classic Jappa ive got all the OEM stuff to put back on.Even got an old pooper scooper rear wheel thing somewhere.

That's what I like about it - obvious care and dedication to the application, and the occasional 'stuff the budget' purchase to personalise it to the owners wants and desires in a tasteful manner.

Inspirational stuff :niceone:

98tls
6th May 2011, 21:31
That's what I like about it - obvious care and dedication to the application, and the occasional 'stuff the budget' purchase to personalise it to the owners wants and desires in a tasteful manner.

Inspirational stuff :niceone:

Thing is mate some of these old things have motors that good that to me anyway theres no point in chucking them away and writing a cheque for something new,they have only fallen behind in the brake/handling dept eh.With a bit of fucking about they can be vastly improved in both depts,enough for them to keep up with most things on real world roads anyway.We are indeed lucky here to have blokes like R Taylor willing to speak up and offer advice and (jesus i was surprised) will sort things like suspenders for a great price.Thank god,i will have a go at anything but forks and the workings have me lost.

FJRider
6th May 2011, 21:37
Thing is mate some of these old things have motors that good that to me anyway theres no point in chucking them away and writing a cheque for something new,they have only fallen behind in the brake/handling dept eh.With a bit of fucking about they can be vastly improved in both depts,enough for them to keep up with most things on real world roads anyway.We are indeed lucky here to have blokes like R Taylor willing to speak up and offer advice and (jesus i was surprised) will sort things like suspenders for a great price.Thank god,i will have a go at anything but forks and the workings have me lost.

I think what you need is ... :yes:

A BIGGER breakfast bar ... :innocent:

yod
6th May 2011, 21:40
I think what you need is ... :yes:

A BIGGER breakfast bar ... :innocent:

or ...

a workbench

FJRider
6th May 2011, 21:47
or ...

a workbench

In the kitchen .... where it's warm ... ??? naaaaa she'll never wear it .... :innocent:

98tls
6th May 2011, 21:56
or ...

a workbench

Got one but as i posted earlier,bloody cold day so............:yes:

Smokin
6th May 2011, 23:05
Forks are ment to be in the kitchen, But I think your ones might be a bit more difficult to put into the dishwasher.

yod
6th May 2011, 23:58
Got one but as i posted earlier,bloody cold day so............:yes:

I'm flattered you braved the frosty southern clime just to take a photo of your bench for me:sunny:

nice holden btw

98tls
7th May 2011, 00:54
I'm flattered you braved the frosty southern clime just to take a photo of your bench for me:sunny:

nice holden btw

:yes:Touche.

Blackshear
7th May 2011, 09:23
.If anyone knows anyone with a TLS looking for a rear sprocket sing out,they can have it.

Not necessarily looking for one, I'd like to think mine still has a few more k's in it, but I aint gonna pass it up...

Also, what the fuck is a breakfast bar? If you have time to sit down and eat your food, you're not very good at managing time wisely...
Getting a bacon and egg mcmuffin combo with 3 minutes left to spare at the clockin machine is god-tier.