PDA

View Full Version : The chase

Jantar
7th May 2011, 14:41
Finally the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUAfXnmjyz0&feature=player_embedded

Edbear
7th May 2011, 15:20
That was amazing! I didn't think it would go that way, esp. in the wet!

nosebleed
7th May 2011, 15:24
Akrapovic system for the M3, really?

Jantar
7th May 2011, 15:37
I've watched it again and can't find any reference to an Akropovic system on either the M3 or thr RR. Its just that the dyno tuning was carried out at the Akropovic factory.

scumdog
7th May 2011, 15:44
I thought with the power-weight ratio it would be a shoe-in for the bike easily?

FJRider
7th May 2011, 16:07
He caught him on the 15th lap ... I heard/saw no mention on how long the track was ... (I could have missed it) but that doesn't seem to be to bad a catch up rate ... with BOTH vehicles "carefully" tuned ...

pritch
7th May 2011, 17:41
I've watched it again and can't find any reference to an Akropovic system on either the M3 or thr RR. Its just that the dyno tuning was carried out at the Akropovic factory.

Ummm both had Akrapovic systems according to the on screen info. Details of HP, weight, etc were given.

Would like to have heard that. It would've been aurally spectacular.

Edbear
7th May 2011, 17:44
Ummm both had Akrapovic systems according to the on screen info. Details of HP, weight, etc were given.

Would like to have heard that. It would've been aurally spectacular.

You betcha it would! :yes:

NZsarge
7th May 2011, 17:48

Yes Akra have a range of car zorst's too... Nothing for the Holden but.. :weep:

pzkpfw
7th May 2011, 17:55
It didn't end the way I expected, either.

By the time it got to the end I expected them both to get "friendly in the pits" or something.

baptist
7th May 2011, 21:14
Yes Akra have a range of car zorst's too... Nothing for the Holden but.. :weep:

Maybe not but I have a couple of baked bean cans you can borrow :clap::innocent:

Blackshear
7th May 2011, 21:24
Maybe not but I have a couple of baked bean cans you can borrow :clap::innocent:

Does it help it DOSE?

Does anyone know where that vid of some incredible rider going mental on a racetrack in the soaked conditions is?
He's in front of everyone by miles, continuously spins it on exit and never once looks like he's doubted his abilities.

steelphoenix
8th May 2011, 12:52
Loved this... I'd've liked some more data on it, but it was a good result!

I'm a bit surprised that it was lap 15 that the bike caught the car - I would've thought it would've been sooner.

tigertim20
8th May 2011, 17:44
Does it help it DOSE?

Does anyone know where that vid of some incredible rider going mental on a racetrack in the soaked conditions is?
He's in front of everyone by miles, continuously spins it on exit and never once looks like he's doubted his abilities.

Google search japanese rider drifting in the rain, should yeild a result

Flip
8th May 2011, 20:33
I'm supprised the bike caught the car as quickly as it did, but then a shitty old M3 is hardly cutting edge, I suspect it would have been diferent it the car was a Radical SR8, Aerial Atom or even a Caterum R500.

ducatilover
8th May 2011, 20:42
but then a shitty old M3 is hardly cutting edge,.
Oh no, not at all.

Not like it had the most powerful ECU ever seen in a road going vehicle when the E92 M3 was released.... or the M suspension which can be electronically controlled to suit the conditions perfectly. It's in no doubt a fast car.

Flip
8th May 2011, 20:59
The point I am making is if you are going to put the worlds fastest production bike up against a car make it the worlds fastest production car, not a performance saloon but a true road legal track car. The saloon's just don't cut the mustard.

98tls
8th May 2011, 21:06
The bikes of no interest to me but the M3:love::love:Beautiful bit of kit.

98tls
8th May 2011, 21:08
The point I am making is if you are going to put the worlds fastest production bike up against a car make it the worlds fastest production car, not a performance saloon but a true road legal track car. The saloon's just don't cut the mustard.

Correct,theres a few out there the bike wouldnt have had a chance,wet or dry.

ducatilover
8th May 2011, 21:08
This is true.
The other argument one may put forward is, dollar for dollar rubbish.
You could buy a Corolla for the same money.
Or HP per Dollar, the S1000RR is making 147kw or so isn't it? Verus the M3 and it's 309kw, 400nm.
BMW wins with the price per smile too.

In the perfect world I'd own both. The M3 is an amazing car and massively capable, but it's not really cut out as you say, for this test...