PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mothers Day to all the lovely mums here on KB

PrincessBandit
8th May 2011, 19:47
Lots of mums here on kb - I hope you have been treated to a lovely day by your offspring! (or hubby/partner in the event of your offspring being a bit young...)

My day started with pancakes in bed (made actually by Balu since both said offspring were fast asleep :gob:), but then presents from no. 1 daughter and no. 1 son soon came.
My dear girl has since also made a delicious dinner complete with vino and has promised me a lovely backrub; as well as morning or afternoon tea out still to come!
I know there are some fantastic mums who are alone, and whose babies are not quite capable of creating the special day their mummys deserve - my hope is that you still have had a great day.
:love: and :hug:

marie_speeds
8th May 2011, 20:06
My day started nice but then a friend rang me in tears. Her first Mother's day with her baby ruined by the father who thought that going shopping for a sleeping bag was more important than having a picnic with his baby whom he has only seen 3 times in 11 months. So now i am sad, i have a headache and just want to restart my day. I told my two that we will have a day out next weekend to celebrate our family...

PrincessBandit
8th May 2011, 20:15
My day started nice but then a friend rang me in tears. ..... So now i am sad, i have a headache and just want to restart my day. I told my two that we will have a day out next weekend to celebrate our family...

Sorry to hear your friend has not had the day she should. Sounds like the father of her bub is not much to write home about.
As for you, hope your "delayed" mothers day is everything it should be.

Ftr, my own mum feels that if you can only make an effort on one day of the year for your mum then that's not much to celebrate...

98tls
8th May 2011, 20:23
My old Mums day began badly,she was doing Doggo shift at the call center she works at to find when leaving early this morning some prick had spray painted crap all along the side of her car,i rang to wish her "happy mothers day" to find her in tears:facepalm:poor soul.considered going up and getting it sorted but thankfully a mate up there went round and removed the problem with a simple cut n polish of the side of her car,shes all smiles now.:woohoo:Happy mothers day to all the mums here.

superman
8th May 2011, 20:28
Ftr, my own mum feels that if you can only make an effort on one day of the year for your mum then that's not much to celebrate...

Exactly, I mean I make sure the place is tidy for my mum because I know she likes that, and I get her a little prezzy or some flowers. But I in no way do things to make up for the fact I don't make an effort everyday, not something you really think about till you get to a certain age when you realise all the things your mum's done for you.

My GF on the other hand has a mum that EXPECTS breakfast in bed, last year when she didn't get it because the teenagers were sleeping in she left in an absolute huff. :facepalm:

Happy Mothers day to you great gals!

XxKiTtiExX
8th May 2011, 20:31
My mothers day started beautifully... Woken up really early. Gift of the day being a nice poopy nappy lol

98tls
8th May 2011, 20:33
My mothers day started beautifully... Woken up really early. Gift of the day being a nice poopy nappy lol

Nothing like receiving something made by giver eh.:yes:Not to mention fresh.

Blackshear
8th May 2011, 20:34
My mothers day present was me on a new bike :sunny:
She expressed concerns, silly lady, it's her day :love:

XxKiTtiExX
8th May 2011, 20:35
Nothing like receiving something made by giver eh.:yes:

If I had left it on him long enough he may possibly have painted me a picture, now wouldn't that have been nice/thoughtful!!!!

PrincessBandit
8th May 2011, 20:38
If I had left it on him long enough he may possibly have painted me a picture, now wouldn't that have been nice/thoughtful!!!!

Awesome. Nothing like a present that's creative as well!

XxKiTtiExX
8th May 2011, 20:41
On a serious note, I was given a pretty pot plant and some chocolates (although my 19 month old clung to the box saying "mmmmm yummmmmm." Good luck prying them from his clutches).

Best gift of all is just being a mum no matter what day it is :love:

98tls
8th May 2011, 20:49

Mate this is way off topic but looking back so funny a few mums out there may to find it as funny as i do.I stuck my hand up for babysitting duty many many years back when a lady i knew needed one in a hurry,she went through the whole nappy changing thing with me etc and i was confident that all would go well:facepalm:it did and when the "nappy changing" thing came along all went well until with the little one happily lying in front of me in "changed nappies" i was left with the lumpy bits in the old ones:gob:walking past a perfectly good toilet i proceeded to whilst dry retching :facepalm:induce them to fit down the laundry sink hole with my finger.:innocent::innocent::innocent:The mother fell about the floor with laughter upon coming home.

XxKiTtiExX
8th May 2011, 23:15
Mate this is way off topic but looking back so funny a few mums out there may to find it as funny as i do.I stuck my hand up for babysitting duty many many years back when a lady i knew needed one in a hurry,she went through the whole nappy changing thing with me etc and i was confident that all would go well:facepalm:it did and when the "nappy changing" thing came along all went well until with the little one happily lying in front of me in "changed nappies" i was left with the lumpy bits in the old ones:gob:walking past a perfectly good toilet i proceeded to whilst dry retching :facepalm:induce them to fit down the laundry sink hole with my finger.:innocent::innocent::innocent:The mother fell about the floor with laughter upon coming home.

All part in parcel lol. I've been piddled on, lift bum slightly to give my son a whipe and got the old 6 month old version of a poo and a fart at the same time (was in town that day and ended up with a lovely speckled shirt). Found my son "finger painting" the carpet in my bedroom after he figured out he could slip his hand inside his nappy. :facepalm: The main this is being able to have a laugh about it!