PDA

View Full Version : Crash bar & highway peg set-up for DR650?

Monstaman
9th May 2011, 08:55
Good morning gents

In general discussions with adv tourers some have talked of putting on crash bar and highway peg combo setup to vary their seating and leg position on the long hauls.

Thinking this may be a good idea for our trip away I wondered if anyone here has used/made such a setup and particularly on a DR650?

Any useful input would be welcomed.

Eddieb
9th May 2011, 09:34
I'll be watching this. I was thinking the same thing as I travelled home yesterday.

Crim
9th May 2011, 09:44
As below, they were on the bike when I got it, if you have got a pack in the right place on the seat behind you they are comfortable for a while (good for a change in stance on a long trip) If you have a look at the KLR websites a lot of bods inthe states also wrap a toolkit into the set up.

Any more photos required or you are in Quake central and want to have a look or try them out - give me a yell

Monstaman
9th May 2011, 09:59
Any more photos required or you are in Quake central and want to have a look or try them out - give me a yell

That is gonna get expensive buying a water pump as well ... are they heated :facepalm:

Yeah that the sorta thing and maybe even some bars a little wider for protection as well, just thinking out loud.

What ever we decide on I will have to build before we go and take them with us.

thepom
9th May 2011, 12:39
I think transalper has a set on his....

DR650gary
9th May 2011, 13:57
Was sorting these out last night before I list them on Trademe.

Flick me a PM if you are interested in them. Make me an offer at this stage as I haven't looked at what they cost me so not sure what they are worth. (edit had a look $25 plus $5 to post in NZ)

They are brand new and fold as shown.

Cheers

Or even better...

these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-for-sale/Other/auction-373973629.htm

Crim
9th May 2011, 15:31
If it is for your trip - I would ebay, get a mate sorted on ADVrider that would hold stuff for you (save freight) and then bang it on when you get there

Looking at..............

http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/Happy-Trails-Highway-PegsbrSuzuki-DR650__HTP_0-0-4.aspx

for brand spanking at full whack - is it worth making them and carting them?

dino3310
9th May 2011, 18:55
another idea 238333

DR650gary
9th May 2011, 19:13
another idea 238333

Those look like my pegs! For another $40 I'll make up the bar :innocent:

Gonna list'em on Trademe in a day or so if there's no interest here.

Cheers

marks
10th May 2011, 07:45
Gonna list'em on Trademe in a day or so if there's no interest here.

Cheers

If no one else wants them I'm happy to pay $30 incl postage. I already have mounting points on my cruisers crash bars so it might be fun to give them a try.

DR650gary
10th May 2011, 09:02
If no one else wants them I'm happy to pay $30 incl postage. I already have mounting points on my cruisers crash bars so it might be fun to give them a try.

SOLD to the man with the KLR.

PM on the way to you.

I can even point you at my welder mate if you need as well, although they are threaded.

Cheers

Monstaman
10th May 2011, 09:03
Was sorting these out last night before I list them on Trademe.

Flick me a PM if you are interested in them. Make me an offer at this stage as I haven't looked at what they cost me so not sure what they are worth. (edit had a look $25 plus $5 to post in NZ)

Heya Gary

I had some gixxer ones on my list which I got for $1.00 including a the bracket ... accidentally.

I will play with those to start so Marks if you want them grab them and I may end up getting some later down the track.

Transalper
15th May 2011, 17:00
If it is for your trip - I would ebay, get a mate sorted on ADVrider that would hold stuff for you (save freight) and then bang it on when you get there

Looking at..............

http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/Happy-Trails-Highway-PegsbrSuzuki-DR650__HTP_0-0-4.aspx

for brand spanking at full whack - is it worth making them and carting them?

That's pretty similar to what I have bolted to my bashplate.
They aren't far enough foward to get the cruiser highway peg feel but far enough to allow me to change my leg position enough for some releif from the cramp.
I had the cheap round pegs on Mk1 but they tended to slog out/destort and started hanging down in such a way my feet started sliding off them so now I have Mk2 in a square peg of more solid build.
I have just used a flat bar bent at the ends as the cross bar. The square bar looks neater but more difficult to make. ?
I removed them for this years Dusty Butt as when lying on the ground they tend to catch and if you need to drag the bike it wants to just pivot around the peg.