PDA

View Full Version : My warrant and rego have disappeared

Chancebmx25
9th May 2011, 18:46
So year got a new rego today. unscrewed the thingy and put it in., went out for a ride. come home both that and the warrant has gone!!!!!! LOL

so i knw im able to get a replacement rego... but warrant? its bullshit!

i need a solution cheers.

blackdog
9th May 2011, 18:48
Better screwdrivers?

PirateJafa
9th May 2011, 18:48
Go to a VTNZ and get a replacement WOF. What's the big fuss?

Chancebmx25
9th May 2011, 18:49
Go to a VTNZ and get a replacement WOF. What's the big fuss?

oh didnt know u could replace the wof. problem solved. does it cost money>

Mully
9th May 2011, 18:50

Not much - just to replace the label.

FJRider
9th May 2011, 18:52

Go to where you GOT the warrant ... doubt if it will cost you anything ... its all on their computer ...

caseye
9th May 2011, 18:54
Should these items be reported to the Police as stolen or do you think they just fell off?
In this day and age I can just see some low life's attempting to make a few bucks by stealing warrant and rego details from other peoples bikes.
Treat em like horse thieves I reckon.
Nearest tree and a rope.
\

Chancebmx25
9th May 2011, 19:02
Should these items be reported to the Police as stolen or do you think they just fell off?
In this day and age I can just see some low life's attempting to make a few bucks by stealing warrant and rego details from other peoples bikes.
Treat em like horse thieves I reckon.
Nearest tree and a rope.
\

huh what are you on about?

Chancebmx25
9th May 2011, 19:14
thanks for the help guys. KB saved my life again. Yus!

DR650gary
9th May 2011, 19:21
Had my plate ripped of the bike a month or so ago. Seems it is not that uncommon. Luckily it didn't damage the rear of the bike.

Can't think why a plate with tear drop holes at the top would be of use to anyone :angry:

davebullet
9th May 2011, 21:31

Yes. I'll do you a favour. Send me $20 and I'll get the replacement label for ya.

unstuck
9th May 2011, 21:47
Yes. I'll do you a favour. Send me $20 and I'll get the replacement label for ya.

:spanking::clap::clap::clap::Playnice:

pzkpfw
9th May 2011, 22:13
The WOF fell off my old NZ250 once. (Plate was shagged, later replaced it).

Richard at J'Ville motorcycle shop grumpily but without actual complaint replaced it for $5. (It was where I'd got the WOF).

This was a few years ago, maybe it's $199 including an ACC fee now...?

DR650gary
10th May 2011, 08:51
The WOF fell off my old NZ250 once. (Plate was shagged, later replaced it).

Richard at J'Ville motorcycle shop grumpily but without actual complaint replaced it for $5. (It was where I'd got the WOF).

This was a few years ago, maybe it's $199 including an ACC fee now...?

Nope, but Richard is still grumpy :innocent:

willytheekid
10th May 2011, 10:29
Yup the bastards do steal them.:angry:

In just over two years I have had 2x rego's stolen off the guzzi ??? (WHY?..not many guzzi sports around)
So now I "hide" the warrent & rego on the side's of the bike, not exactly legal (as there not clearly visable) but every time the police have checked I just explaine that SCUM keep stealing the rego & wof and the last time they did damage to the bike (tore the rear fender "twisting" the rego holder off:facepalm:, The police always seem to understand and don't make a fuss :niceone:(So it must happen more often than we think).