PDA

View Full Version : Do Radar Jammers Work??

denill
29th June 2005, 13:34
This topic has been the subject on a few threads and if you are interested you may be interested in this <a href=http://www.radar.co.nz/nz/driver.html>READ:</A>

Cheers
Bill

WildBoarMouse
29th June 2005, 14:08
Try here (http://www.madphysics.com/ask/lidar/). I don't know if we have LIDAR in NZ yet though... this site is more of a joke than anything. :)

bugjuice
29th June 2005, 14:18
could always use a wireless slave flash that photographers use. As soon as the flash unit sees a flash, it flashes back within a millionth of a second (or something stupid like that) which would just make a white blur on the photo. Just put it near your number plate and see if it works..

Lou Girardin
29th June 2005, 14:27
There was a US sourced radar jammer that worked well on K band. The FCC threatened the manufacturer with closure unless they ceased and desisted because it transmitted above the allowable wattage. The same situation applies here.
Ka band is much harder to jam due the the freq width of Ka band.
And just to complicate it, the jammer must shut itself down so that the operator doesn't recognise his unit is being jammed.

Drunken Monkey
29th June 2005, 14:43
There was a US sourced radar jammer that worked well on K band. The FCC threatened the manufacturer with closure unless they ceased and desisted because it transmitted above the allowable wattage. The same situation applies here. ...

That's pretty much the deal. I can't remember the exact figures, but you need to license the equipment/be licensed to operate over a certain wattage. Off the shelf jammers are typically below this figure to keep costs realistic. Police guns are typically around or over. You can't effectively jam a 15W signal with a 5W transmitter.

madboy
29th June 2005, 14:44
It's still a case of buyer beware... and more importantly - rider beware! I still reckon eyes and some thought are the first line of defence.

JohnBoy
29th June 2005, 15:30
could always use a wireless slave flash that photographers use. As soon as the flash unit sees a flash, it flashes back within a millionth of a second (or something stupid like that) which would just make a white blur on the photo. Just put it near your number plate and see if it works..

hmmm. i might look into that :whistle:

Blackbird
29th June 2005, 15:35
Most jammers don't work but this one does, at least in the UK as a friend has one and he works with the police. http://www.ixxra.com/detectors.html. Bel is a reputable brand but have heard terrible things about the Rocky Mountain jammer in particular.

zeRax
29th June 2005, 17:33
very interesting

scumdog
29th June 2005, 17:38
My radar jammer works well, jam finger on button once: radar turns on, jam finger on button second time: radar goes off, simple?? (but effective) :rofl:

Big Dave
29th June 2005, 17:45
My radar jammer works well, jam finger on button once: radar turns on, jam finger on button second time: radar goes off, simple?? (but effective) :rofl:

You should see a Doctor about that sense of humour.

Blackbird
29th June 2005, 19:24
Scumdog... your jammin' finger works as an automated throttle control for me too, even when I'm perfectly legal. You jam your finger down, my detector goes squawk and I jam my foot on the brake irrespective of speed - how's that for magic? :ride:

Geoff

scumdog
29th June 2005, 22:20
Scumdog... your jammin' finger works as an automated throttle control for me too, even when I'm perfectly legal. You jam your finger down, my detector goes squawk and I jam my foot on the brake irrespective of speed - how's that for magic? :ride:

Geoff

Sound like you've O.D'd on paranoia!! :weird:

And if you are speeding? well it might not be smiles all round when "we" discover your automated throttle control let you down!! :rofl: :whistle:

Blackbird
29th June 2005, 22:47
Sound like you've O.D'd on paranoia!! :weird:

And if you are speeding? well it might not be smiles all round when "we" discover your automated throttle control let you down!! :rofl: :whistle:

Your use of the word paranoia is spot on. Every time the detector goes off, so does the throttle. In all seriousness, it's slowed me up a bit. Who ever would have thought that a detector makes you slower :whistle:

Lou Girardin
30th June 2005, 08:24
Your use of the word paranoia is spot on. Every time the detector goes off, so does the throttle. In all seriousness, it's slowed me up a bit. Who ever would have thought that a detector makes you slower :whistle:

That must be why detector users have lower crash rates. :ride:

myvice
30th June 2005, 21:14
Lots of arms traders out there, try and get one of those radar seeking missiles the yanks use on pretty much everyone.
See flash, hitt button, 2nd flash, and no photo, no problem!

Dafe
30th June 2005, 21:21
If you wanna be a real nuisence.... Obtain yourself a Microwave Home alarm PIR, they also operate in the K band and I tested it on my radar and sure enough, it will set my radar off from 20feet away. Good fun setting off cage drivers radars on rainy days, watch them haul on the brakes.