PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to Buy: Ducati

LB
10th December 2003, 16:40
One of my mates is semi-seriously thinking of buying either a Hailwood replica or a 750GT. If anyone has one that might be for sale, or knows of someone who may have one for sale, can you let me know pse? My mate already has an immaculate S2 and is wanting to expand the fleet.

duke
10th December 2003, 19:10
might be worth e-mailing  Alan from IMOC

greenslade.family@xtra.co.nz

Also Haldanes has a good selection of Ducatis old & new

regards

duke

SPman
10th December 2003, 21:16
I think Haldanes still have an 82 MHR mille in stock.

LB
11th December 2003, 05:21
Thanks guys, I'll pass this on. Have also asked the NZ Ducati Owners Club to get it included in an e-mail.

Hitcher
12th December 2003, 08:27
Do a search on www.bikepoint.co.nz. That will give you an idea of what most of the dealers have in stock.

Mrs Bun
8th September 2004, 17:34
1973 Roundcase 750s Thats what I bought it as from a friend/family. Its been in my extended family circle for about 20 years so your mate can talk to the previous owners.

its in bits but was running sweet when Mr McDonald took it apart to see why it wasnt easy to get into first gear. I bought a new selecter from him for it and it just needs putting back together. Its listed on Trade Me under my member id of sharon.nz

Hasnt got original tank or seat has twin disc front end, 860 Delorto Carbs
your mate might have already been watching it but worth a crack

LB
9th September 2004, 05:25
Thanks Mrs Bun - I should have posted that my mate bought himself an immaculate MHR a few months ago. The noise from those Contis.....wow!

I would be sort of interested in having a look at your bike - will have a look on Trademe.

Blackbird
9th September 2004, 07:33
Can't remember the name of the shop, but there's a classic car place almost opposite the bus station in central Chch which always has a few bikes in too. They had an immaculate MHR when I was there recently.

Geoff

Ash Wells
9th September 2004, 07:39
The name of the shop is Fazazz - a shrine to all things old and either two or four wheeled - a bit like a museum or art gallery where you can buy the exhibits,(if you have the wherewithall).

Blackbird
9th September 2004, 17:04
Our daughter is a post-grad student at Chch and she goes in that shop a lot to mooch about. For Fathers' Day, she bought me an antique poster from there of sidecars from years gone by. Really cool place.

Geoff

Mrs Bun
9th September 2004, 17:15
I might break it down yet and sell it as parts. If no one buys it by auction close this time round.
Steve Bridge told me its worth 4,500 in ANY condition but Id get more for the parts if sold seperatly.
Im going to ph the previous owners first to discuss the engines condition and find out which one of them had it apart last and what for.
It started first kick after 4 and a half years in storage, and that was me starting it. Total novice. and I rode it around the backroads,joy rides, before taking it to McDonald and it ran like a dream. A couple of mechanics from Ian James took it for a ride just after I bought it and said if I didnt let anyone else ride it that it would probably run for 10 years by the sound and smoothness of the engine.
Thanks for your quick response. Mrs Bun :ride:

Blackbird
9th September 2004, 19:27
Just pulled this off the Fazazz website:

1982 DUCATI. MIKE HAILWOOD REPLICA 900. A genuine MHR in excellent condition. $10,995 The website address is: http://www.fazazz.co.nz/

Geoff