View Full Version : Dual purpose R1

sil3nt
18th May 2011, 12:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1epom6E_X8g&feature=

Reminds me of the R1 dirtbike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0d3B7MPqUg

bogan
18th May 2011, 12:53
Ambition exceeded talent a bit on that one! Lucky no fences though.

The dirt version isn't really the most practical off-roader, wonder if it has been modded much or whether they just stuck some knobblies on it...

unstuck
18th May 2011, 13:01
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9DBwMcKl4HI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ender EnZed
18th May 2011, 13:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1epom6E_X8g&feature=

Target fixation makes for some cool videos.

Usarka
18th May 2011, 15:10
Could be an element of "false road" in that first post.... not sure if there's a name for it but where your dumb brain thinks the road points a different direction to reality

Katman
18th May 2011, 15:25
Could be an element of "false road" in that first post.... not sure if there's a name for it but where your dumb brain thinks the road points a different direction to reality

Yeah, cos it had nothing to do with speed, right?

White trash
18th May 2011, 15:28

He wasn't going anywhere near fast enough to not make that corner. He just didn't have the actual skills to be riding anywhere near as fast as he was. Fucken mean jump though. Shame his twit friends didn't have a camera down in the field for him to jump over.

The irony is of course, he's now heralded by all his friends as some sort of riding god because he was lucky enough not to crash his brains out and land the jump.

Katman
18th May 2011, 15:31
He wasn't going anywhere near fast enough to not make that corner. He just didn't have the actual skills to be riding anywhere near as fast as he was. Fucken mean jump though. Shame his twit friends didn't have a camera down in the field for him to jump over.

It was hardly even a fucking corner.

But of course, it wasn't the speed or the lack of skills so it must have been the 'false road'.

White trash
18th May 2011, 15:33

But of course, it wasn't the speed or the lack of skills so it must have been the 'false road'.

I've heard of those "false roads" before, lulling ya into a false sense of security all the time. Fuckers.....

ckai
18th May 2011, 15:34
haha that brings back memories. He had a better outcome though :). God, viewing anything on video screws up your speed perception. It looks like if he got of the brakes (and looked at the corner) he may have been able to take it at the speed he went straight ahead on. It doesn't look like that sharper corner. Of course, in real life he's probably doing a fair clip.

Usarka
18th May 2011, 15:38

There's a big difference between "could be an element of" and "it must have been".

Stop looking for things to get upset about.

Katman
18th May 2011, 15:41

You're a fine one to talk.

Usarka
18th May 2011, 15:45

Awesome come-back it must have hit a nerve - you should start a thread about it.

Katman
18th May 2011, 15:52
Awesome come-back it must have hit a nerve - you should start a thread about it.

I've started a few threads about cocks making ridiculous excuses.

You should read them.

Usarka
18th May 2011, 15:59
I reckon it was sun-strike.

Laava
18th May 2011, 16:07
Wonder if it is the same guy? Gets good at 1.30 real classic at 4.30. This guy rocks!
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ThO-w9SCM8I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crasherfromwayback
18th May 2011, 16:27
If his mates were true mates, they should take his R1 off him and swap it for a GS500 or similar untill the useless cunt can ride properly.

jaffaonajappa
18th May 2011, 16:31
thats some crazzzzy shyte right there.

But....wonder how big his support teams truck was?>

Edit. Am referring to the Clymer vid, 2 posts up.

Ender EnZed
18th May 2011, 16:44
I've heard of those "false roads" before, lulling ya into a false sense of security all the time. Fuckers.....

It was marked as a road on his map. Therefore, the fault for this not-quite-crash lies primarily with the man who drew the map.

White trash
18th May 2011, 16:53
If his mates were true mates, they should take his R1 off him and swap it for a GS500 or similar untill the useless cunt can ride properly.

Scorpio. GS500 still has around 40hp and should be treated with respect.

Crasherfromwayback
18th May 2011, 16:54
Scorpio. GS500 still has around 40hp and should be treated with respect.

Truuuuuuue

Katman
18th May 2011, 18:40
i was out riding my bike today (not doing anything wrong you understand) and i almost crashed my fucking bike cos of the road. i'd just overtaken these fucking cagers who kept speeding up every time I carefully tried to overtake them and suddenly this other fucking cager came around this corner over my side of the road! i had to stand the bike up but I thought it was ok cos I was only doing 85kph by this time but suddenly all over the road from this false road on the side of the road was all this fucking gravel that i couldnt avoid and it should have been fucking swept up by the council. there was nothing i could do - this just proves that accidents aren't avoidable. but it was all gud cos my wiked skills saved it and i showed those pussys i ride with whos the boss.

fuck off katman - you werent there you dont know shit.

Latte
18th May 2011, 19:55
Can't wait to see the next episode when he tries to do it again on purpose, and goes even faster... :dodge:

Mort
18th May 2011, 19:58
Fuck off Katman. Not only are you an annoying twat when people post stuff about incidents which are fuck all to do with you, but now you are making stuff up to feed your insatiable appetite for pissing people off with your self-righteous shite. Nobody is interested in your opinion. Please fuck off.

Kickaha
18th May 2011, 20:01
Fuck off Katman. Not only are you an annoying twat when people post stuff about incidents which are fuck all to do with you, but now you are making stuff up to feed your insatiable appetite for pissing people off with your self-righteous shite. Nobody is interested in your opinion. Please fuck off.

I actually thought he was pretty much on the money

tigertim20
18th May 2011, 20:09
correct. it was about a squid riding outside his abilities.

ohhh, so your agument is the only valid one, right?

There's a big difference between "could be an element of" and "it must have been".

ZING! spot on.

DrunkenMistake
18th May 2011, 20:10

I've started a few threads about cocks making ridiculous excuses.

You should read them.

i was out riding my bike today (not doing anything wrong you understand) and i crashed my fucking bike cos of the road. i'd just overtaken these fucking cagers who kept speeding up every time I carefully tried to overtake them and suddenly this other fucking cager came around this corner over my side of the road! i had to stand the bike up but I thought it was ok cos I was only doing 85kph by this time but suddenly all over the road from this false road on the side of the road was all this fucking gravel that i couldnt avoid and it should have been fucking swept up by the council. there was nothing i could do - this accident proves that accidents aren't avoidable. but it was all gud cos my wiked skills saved it and i showed those pussys i ride with whos the boss.

Jesus christ, how many keyboards do you have to buy each week? :facepalm:

Katman
18th May 2011, 20:15
Jesus christ, how many keyboards do you have to buy each week? :facepalm:

When you've been here long enough you'll learn that post count means everything.

tigertim20
18th May 2011, 20:18
i was out riding my bike today (not doing anything wrong you understand) and i crashed my fucking bike cos of the road. i'd just overtaken these fucking cagers who kept speeding up every time I carefully tried to overtake them and suddenly this other fucking cager came around this corner over my side of the road! i had to stand the bike up but I thought it was ok cos I was only doing 85kph by this time but suddenly all over the road from this false road on the side of the road was all this fucking gravel that i couldnt avoid and it should have been fucking swept up by the council. there was nothing i could do - this accident proves that accidents aren't avoidable. but it was all gud cos my wiked skills saved it and i showed those pussys i ride with whos the boss.

The last sentence is the only bit i can agree with. see theres a major fallacy behind all of your arguments when discussing actual accidents.
Random KBer says 'oh that sucks that xxx happened, sounds like xxx might have contributed to your accident'

Katman says 'oh your a fucking moron, its your own fault you lost your leg in a bike crash, it was all your fault you fuckign dumb cunt, these other morons don't know wat theyre talking about, they werent there...'

See, you werent either. You like to spout off about shit you know nothing about, you werent there, you ASSUME people are lying in their accounts, and go off on some pathetic tangent.

Katman
18th May 2011, 20:21
The last sentence is the only bit i can agree with. see theres a major fallacy behind all of your arguments when discussing actual accidents.
Random KBer says 'oh that sucks that xxx happened, sounds like xxx might have contributed to your accident'

Katman says 'oh your a fucking moron, its your own fault you lost your leg in a bike crash, it was all your fault you fuckign dumb cunt, these other morons don't know wat theyre talking about, they werent there...'

See, you werent either. You like to spout off about shit you know nothing about, you werent there, you ASSUME people are lying in their accounts, and go off on some pathetic tangent.

:facepalm:

DrunkenMistake
18th May 2011, 20:21
When you've been here long enough you'll learn that post count means everything.

Whatever boosts your Ego Sir Katman.

Katman
18th May 2011, 20:30
Whatever boosts your Ego Sir Katman.

double :facepalm::facepalm:

jaffaonajappa
18th May 2011, 20:31

Bwahahaha, classic.
Do you mind if i cut n past this to use on another forum?

Kickaha
18th May 2011, 20:32

It doesn't actually sound as though you've ever read anything he's posted

Maki
20th May 2011, 19:43
He was going fairly slowly I guess. He had to contend with flies, cagers, gravel on the road AND a false road. With all of that I guess he could not concentrate on what was going on. I reckon he needed a bit more speed to help him focus on where he wanted to go.

So my conclusion is that flies, cagers, gravel (maybe some diesel too) and the false road were responsible for him leaving the road. His mad skillz saved him but he would probably have stayed on the road if he had been going a bit faster.

Of course a another factor that caused the crash is probably cops. I guess he kept his speed down for fear of cops and that ruined his concentration.