PDA

View Full Version : Picture next to your name?

jaffaonajappa
19th May 2011, 01:18
ok, how can I get one of them pictures next to my name thingies that everyone else seems to have?

Gremlin
19th May 2011, 02:09
Called an avatar. Top right of any KB page, click Settings.

Left hand side, there is a menu, in the third section called My Settings, click on Edit Avatar. You'll be able to upload a picture, but it will need to meet size and dimension restrictions that are listed on the page.

Maha
19th May 2011, 07:09
Called an avatar. Top right of any KB page, click Settings.

Left hand side, there is a menu, in the third section called My Settings, click on Edit Avatar. You'll be able to upload a picture, but it will need to meet size and dimension restrictions that are listed on the page.

...and if that proves to difficult just draw a picture on a post-it note and stick it on...:corn:

unstuck
19th May 2011, 07:19
:yes::woohoo:

riffer
19th May 2011, 07:37
You can't have an avatar until you've done 200 posts and been a member for a while, I think three months.

unstuck
19th May 2011, 07:38
You can't have an avatar until you've done 200 posts and been a member for a while, I think three months.

So i cant have an avatar then?:sunny::innocent:

riffer
19th May 2011, 07:41
Ah shit I dunno. Maybe they changed the rules.

You newbies have it too damned easy.

In my day we had to live in shoebox in't middle of road...

Gremlin
19th May 2011, 08:55
Ah shit I dunno. Maybe they changed the rules.

Back to the shoebox ol boy :bleh:

It was my understanding that senior members were allowed bigger pictures. Come to think of it, I'm reasonably sure there are people on the site with less than 200 posts that have avatars.

yod
19th May 2011, 09:50

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

bogan
19th May 2011, 09:52

It was my understanding that senior members were allowed bigger pictures. Come to think of it, I'm reasonably sure there are people on the site with less than 200 posts that have avatars.

and we get them fandangled movin picatures too :shit:

Gremlin
19th May 2011, 09:53
and we get them fandangled movin picatures too :shit:
mine doesn't move? :scratch:

Virago
19th May 2011, 09:54
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

bogan
19th May 2011, 09:55
mine doesn't move? :scratch:

yeh some people got sneaky ones, only move when youre not looking, others are a bit more obvious

avgas
19th May 2011, 11:32
Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
Consider yourself lucky. I grew up in a middle income, white family in New Zealand.
Nuff said really.

awa355
19th May 2011, 19:07
The nearest us kids ever got to a hot meal was being around a fat man when he farted!!

My brother and I wore shoes to school, he wore the left one, I wore the right shoe.

The people across the road had 'venition blinds!! Fuck, they were rich.

Geeen
19th May 2011, 19:13

I'm one :yes:

DrunkenMistake
19th May 2011, 20:08
I draw little crayon stick figures beside peoples names who dont have an Avatar, makes them seem more friendly and approachable.. Especially when I draw them in a suit, you think "ohh that guy must be some kind of lawyer!"
:sunny::sunny::sunny:

avgas
20th May 2011, 11:27
The people across the road had 'venition blinds!! Fuck, they were rich.
We used to pretend we had those. But its really cold to live in a house that has gaps inbetween the weatherboards.

Murray
20th May 2011, 11:31
Get home at night and told to make my bed and thrown some planks and nails

awa355
20th May 2011, 16:05
Get home at night and told to make my bed and thrown some planks and nails

You had a bed???? Cool, thats awesome.. We used to lie there on the dirt floor and talk about how we would like to fill in the window hole. We did have a blanket tho' The youngest one would have the blanket untill she went to sleep, then the next oldest would take it.

Maha
20th May 2011, 16:37
Still no advancement on this issue?

jaffaonajappa
20th May 2011, 16:47

Damn, thats one large toe.

ok, Avatar time - cheers all.

oracle
6th October 2011, 21:44
You had a bed???? Cool, thats awesome.. We used to lie there on the dirt floor and talk about how we would like to fill in the window hole. We did have a blanket tho' The youngest one would have the blanket untill she went to sleep, then the next oldest would take it.

Shame to the old people, I've always had a bed and was kept so warm mum gave me heat rash as a baby. Now anyway, according to the FAQ I am now a senior member but unable to upload a GIF as my avatar (I presume it is GIFs that allow you guys to have animated avatars)

oracle
7th October 2011, 09:17
nvm

10 char

george formby
7th October 2011, 09:25
nvm

10 char

You have suckered me into reading a vintage (though Pythonesque) thread just so you can show off your squirming pussy.

Despicable IMHO.

oracle
7th October 2011, 09:36
You have suckered me into reading a vintage (though Pythonesque) thread just so you can show off your squirming pussy.

Despicable IMHO.

Yeah alright, I waited until the settings on my account reset and then spent the last hour looking up how to resize a gif to show off the puppy. sure

george formby
7th October 2011, 09:54
Yeah alright, I waited until the settings on my account reset and then spent the last hour looking up how to resize a gif to show off the puppy. sure

I'm a technophobe, gif's are a step to far for me.. I hope I have not offended your puppy:facepalm:

Coolz
7th October 2011, 10:24
Thats too big a gash for an axe to have made...my guess is an 8hp stihl with a 5ft bar!