PDA

View Full Version : Stolen - GSX-R1000 - Whangaparaoa (23 May)

Nasty
23rd May 2011, 15:30
Old member contacted me to let us know to keep our eyes open.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-362938644.htm

BIKE NOW STOLEN!

ONLY ADVERTISED ON TRADEME, GUY CALLING HIMSELF JASON FERGUSON WANTED TO TEST RIDE IT, HE CALLED THIS MORNING ON A PRIVATE PHONE NUMBER WANTING TO COME HAVE A LOOK AT IT, TOOK HIS DETAILS, REGO, AND HIS GIRLFREIDNDS DETAILS (HER NAME WAS GIVEN AS STACEY HANSEN, DEALER PLATE 4360X), SHE STAYED WHILE HE TEST RODE IT. RETURNED AND THEN RODE OFF!

PLEASE REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO POLICE IF YOU HEAR OF THESE PEOPLE OR SEE THE BIKE - REGO 48WAB
Thanks

Mint condition, has not been on track, never riden in wet. Well looked after and maintained.

Yoshi exhaust
K+N Air Filter
Tank Protector
Front frame sliders
smoked/black Double bubble screen
Low k's

Selling as going into business.

Helmet, radar detector stand and pit stand not included.

Nasty
23rd May 2011, 15:31
STOLEN - brother in laws 2003 GSXR 1000 - plate: 48WAB - stolen by guy in silver mitsubishi evo with stolen plates. who had gf with him. was on test ride from whangapaeroa area, any information, contact police direct. stolen approx 1pm.
Andrea Sergeant

Cannot believe it. Some guy just came and test rode Craig's bike. Craig made his girlfriend stay behind with her car. Guy comes back from the test ride, she drives off, then the guy steals Craig's bike - disappearing at high speed. Car plates were stolen ones. Police helicopter looking now. We are GUTTED.

keep your eyes open please.

The End
23rd May 2011, 15:32
Shit, sorry to hear that...

EJK
23rd May 2011, 15:34
Wow, stolen in front of his own eyes? That's preposterous.

The End
23rd May 2011, 15:37
You may wanna add the area it was stolen from so people get an idea of where to look out for it.

breakaway
23rd May 2011, 15:47
I facepalmed so hard my hand came out the back of my head.

Why do people let others test ride their bike without a CASH deposit? I mean it's not a shitty honda cub for $200, its a fuckin $9000 machine! Jeez.

funrunna
23rd May 2011, 15:50
:shit: unbelievable that someone can do that - hope they are found and severely beaten.

skippa1
23rd May 2011, 15:54
it will bite him back......it always does:blink:

Blackshear
23rd May 2011, 16:01
it will bite him back......it always does:blink:

Unfortunately you remain out of hand, usually even with insurance.

imdying
23rd May 2011, 16:16
JASON FERGUSON

Selling as going into business.So Mr Jason Ferguson (or whoever) feels he can F your (soon to be new) life right in the A?

KB likes the odd whip around now and then for a good cause... I'd be happy to start with a contribution of $100 is somebody can organise for some low life to find him and put him in hospital for 6 months.

White trash
23rd May 2011, 16:21
So Mr Jason Ferguson (or whoever) feels he can F your (soon to be new) life right in the A?

KB likes the odd whip around now and then for a good cause... I'd be happy to start with a contribution of $100 is somebody can organise for some low life to find him and put him in hospital for 6 months.

I'll see your $100 (would raise it but I'm fucking broke)

Like you, I'd severly LOVE to see some vigilante justice being handed out to these cunts. Once it's in the news a couple of times "Video footage received anonmyously showing three would be bike thieves caught in the act and severly beaten by a group of masked men, then chained to a lamp post until police arrived to apprehend them in Wellington" Might not take too long for a message like that to be drummed through their thick, theiving skulls.

Crasherfromwayback
23rd May 2011, 16:30
So Mr Jason Ferguson (or whoever) feels he can F your (soon to be new) life right in the A?

I'll see your $100 (would raise it but I'm fucking broke)

Like you, I'd severly LOVE to see some vigilante justice being handed out to these cunts. Once it's in the news a couple of times "Video footage received anonmyously showing three would be bike thieves caught in the act and severly beaten by a group of masked men, then chained to a lamp post until police arrived to apprehend them in Wellington" Might not take too long for a message like that to be drummed through their thick, theiving skulls.

I can very easily put you in touch with the type of person that likes to make money that way...

Maha
23rd May 2011, 16:32
Insurance would cover this yes?
If the bike is not recovered that is.

White trash
23rd May 2011, 16:35
I can very easily put you in touch with the type of person that likes to make money that way...

I may have met who you're thinking of, if I'm think of who you're thinking of..... (Edit: And I doubt anyone would do it for $200 lol.)

Part of the enjoyment would be getting a group of mates together and setting up your own sting though I reckon. Like those tough bastards in the UK that did it for a while in London. Even did an article about it in PB or Superbike from memory.

imdying
23rd May 2011, 16:38
I can very easily put you in touch with the type of person that likes to make money that way...The only flaw I can see is that how can we be sure someone who'll take the job is smart enough to whack the right guy? As much as I'd like to see a bike thief beaten so hard they'll never breath without a machine, or look upon their child face, again, there'd be a world of shite if we gave the wrong couple concrete boots (because there's no way his missus shouldn't have her uterus used as a kick toy either).

DMNTD
23rd May 2011, 16:38

Cheers...I only sold 2 last week :shutup:

marty
23rd May 2011, 16:40
interestingly, Jason Ferguson is a cop's name. Not saying it's him, but would be an easy name to steal.

C.Linnell
23rd May 2011, 16:59
Gotta take the driver's license... or a photocopy of it...

Sorry to hear though. I'm still reeling from the theft of my bike.

Hellzie
23rd May 2011, 17:16
Take a high-res photo of them to appear on the front page of the papers, and for the Wanted dead or alive posters.

Quasi
23rd May 2011, 17:20
Thats a fantasticly simple and easy idea. we all have phones with cameras. Takes a woman to come up with this cunning plan.Well done you!

Crasherfromwayback
23rd May 2011, 17:24
Thats a fantasticly simple and easy idea. we all have phones with cameras. Takes a woman to come up with this cunning plan.Well done you!

Fraid not. It's what we all used to do in the industry before photo licences!

ctrain
23rd May 2011, 19:36
im the owner of said bike, as you all know gutted doesnt describe it. Thought i was covering my ass a little but i guess the only sure fire way is to get the $$ in full up front before letting anyone test ride, it sucks, but it is true. Thanks to all who are spreading the message, just hope it is long gone cos dont want it back the way he fled off. Better still, hope he comes off it and loses a few limbs so i can catch up with him. I do have to say the cops were fantastic, they even sent up Eagle to Snells Beach (stolen from Snells and not Whangaparaeoa). Hoping insurance will pay out, at least it will be something. Hope they sweating a bit, got his finger prints on the form i got him to sign so at least its something, not much but something.
Very much like the idea of a vigalante group sting, sign me up!

HungusMaximist
23rd May 2011, 19:55
Social Media and just getting the message to as many places as possible is the first option. Then contact your local papers, and put in free ad or something.

I remember some dude got his Kawasaki ZX-9 or 7 taxed in Onehunga and long story short, a KB'er spotted it over shore even after a shoddy re-spray action. The thieving cunt got caught and done. There was some shit about running the thief on the bike off the road, but I don't think that actually eventuated.

So, community group action is really the key here.

Groins_NZ
23rd May 2011, 20:40
Pictures of it look mint - hard to ride around on it like that and not get noticed, hopefully hes that stupid and does so.

Pretty brazen, stealing it under such circumstances. The low level that people drop to never ceases to amaze me. Would be good to take off with all their worldly possesions without them knowing who had done it (but they'd probably just go and steal someone elses I guess).

baptist
23rd May 2011, 23:44
Sorry to hear this, will keep my eyes open, so many bikes are going walkies though...:mad::angry2:

If only a couple of these dirt bags got banged up for 5 - 10 years a piece when caught maybe some of them might think twice (I can live in hope I guess), as it is bikes are on the "shopping list" of such toe rags.

I hope you get it back in good nick...

Scouse
23rd May 2011, 23:50
Shurely the fact that the op turned up in a car that had a dealer plate on it musta rung some alarm bells?

shafty
24th May 2011, 07:18
Very sad on so many levels....

bsasuper
24th May 2011, 22:22
That sucks, but we can learn from this.Always sell your bike as "you buy the bike subject to a test ride", that is the buyer gives you the selling price cash, then he/she can take it for a test ride, if they dont like it, cash/ bike is returned, this is how I have always sold bikes.If everyone makes this standard practice, this sort of thing would not happen.

kilgh
24th May 2011, 22:31
Did they "borrow" the car from a local dealership maybe? And if so would they not have had to have shown their license to said dealership?

DEATH_INC.
24th May 2011, 23:08
I'm pretty sure I saw on fb it's a stolen car with a stolen d-plate too.

hayd3n
24th May 2011, 23:22
last person that wanted to test ride my missus ginny i said id follow them on the hornet whilst my missus keeps his car keys :P
and that was for a $2500 ginny