PDA

View Full Version : spring help

anmolt
30th June 2005, 11:51
I have a task at hand...im using a spring to keep something under constant tension....and im going to try and electromagnetically oppose this pressure ...
hope this analogy helps..imagine a spring holding ur finger in a curled position so that if u keep ur finger straight its bent at the knuckles...now all i want is for the finger to flick up with the help of an air cored coil which is placed above a rare earth magnet stuck onto the "knuckle" of the finger..........
need to know how i can go abt doing this and what formula ill need to find how much current il need to send............cheers.........

duckman
30th June 2005, 12:03
Ummmm ... Nice bike !!!

Sorry - I think I missed the day they were teaching this at school. :whistle:

Lou Girardin
30th June 2005, 12:33
I have a task at hand...im using a spring to keep something under constant tension....and im going to try and electromagnetically oppose this pressure ...
hope this analogy helps..imagine a spring holding ur finger in a curled position so that if u keep ur finger straight its bent at the knuckles...now all i want is for the finger to flick up with the help of an air cored coil which is placed above a rare earth magnet stuck onto the "knuckle" of the finger..........
need to know how i can go abt doing this and what formula ill need to find how much current il need to send............cheers.........

Wouldn't be a flip up rego plate, would it?

Artifice
30th June 2005, 12:39
do you think a starter solenoid might work?

Flyingpony
30th June 2005, 13:03
Seeing we can't delete our own posts, you didn't see me post in this thread :whistle:
Decided to undo my early post.

Ixion
30th June 2005, 13:50
Wouldn't be a flip up rego plate, would it?

Well , if it WERE (needless to say, Nana does not approve of such illegal thoughts), but it it were, the easiest way , I suggest by far, is to go to a car wreckers and get a PopupHeadlampPopperUpperElectricalSolenoidThingyDo odad (I always like to use the correct technical term) from a late 80's early 90's Honda Prelude.

Mount your plate on a hinged carrier, connect said ....Doodad to the bottom, a switch and some cable and Bob's your Uncle (and you thought *that* little family scandel was a secret , didn't you :devil2: )

Biff
30th June 2005, 14:48
What Ixion said :yes:
Solenoid - easy & cheap.