PDA

View Full Version : Any Rocket 111 owners out there

TriumphMan
30th June 2005, 14:36
They look lonely on their own, is there a club?

bugjuice
30th June 2005, 14:49
they have their own gravitational pull, don't they....?
Not sure if there's enough around to make a club with, but it'd sure be a preeedy sight down the road.. There's one that lives within a couple of streets of me, the dude also has a Dune too. Also a nice bike..

Welcome to the site btw, happy cruisin!

TriumphMan
30th June 2005, 15:11
That they do. The dune is a nice bike too. I've only seen one and that was in the UK. Thanks.

skidz
10th July 2005, 21:37
Hell man, now I see why you own a Rocket!
I just rode a demo at ANZA today and am very impressed.
I can't get over how easy they are to ride. I got back on my Roadking and the first thing I noticed was the weight difference. You don't have all that weight up top on the Rocket.
Well done to anyone who has one.

Hitcher
10th July 2005, 22:10
A KB eleventy-one club. Sounds interesting...

Big Dave
10th July 2005, 22:40
They look lonely on their own, is there a club?

Yuh - The Riders Association of Triumph.
Do you have the RAT contacts? few of the boys have them - Jamie has a custom.
Details are on www.triumphnz.co.nz and follow the RAT links. Mark Corbitt is your man. Excellent outfit.

oldrider
12th July 2005, 14:36
I sat on one in a shop in Dunedin. I think I may have had an orgasm! :yes:

Paul in NZ
12th July 2005, 15:43
I sat on one in a shop in Dunedin. I think I may have had an orgasm! :yes:

If you are not sure about it, check your sporan. If it's damp at the back you had an orgasm. Damp at the front it's raining again. If you are not sure about your orientation, I can't help you but a Rocket 3 is definately for you...

(pt)

:devil2:

TriumphMan
12th July 2005, 17:23
If you are not sure about it, check your sporan. If it's damp at the back you had an orgasm. Damp at the front it's raining again. If you are not sure about your orientation, I can't help you but a Rocket 3 is definately for you...

(pt)

:devil2:

Rockets come with built in 2.3 litre orgasmatrons apparently. Not that I've had to use it of course

Paul in NZ
12th July 2005, 18:50
Rockets come with built in 2.3 litre orgasmatrons apparently. Not that I've had to use it of course

Optional or standard?

White trash
12th July 2005, 18:52
Never actually heard of a Rocket One Hundred and Eleven untill the start of this thread. I thought they were Rocket IIIs or some such shit...... :motu:

Squiggles
12th July 2005, 19:30
noobish question time!

what is a rocket 3? :D

Jackrat
12th July 2005, 19:34
Yuh - The Riders Association of Triumph.
Do you have the RAT contacts? few of the boys have them - Jamie has a custom.
Details are on www.triumphnz.co.nz and follow the RAT links. Mark Corbitt is your man. Excellent outfit.

That's a neat site,but how did that coloured man get in on the gray day.
An them Triumphs for a day :whistle: :niceone:

Big Dave
12th July 2005, 20:30
That's a neat site,but how did that coloured man get in on the gray day.
An them Triumphs for a day :whistle: :niceone:

That is Nigel - even his contact lenses are brightly coloured - seemed appropriate.
Told ya we have a good riding group.

TriumphMan
14th July 2005, 11:01
Never actually heard of a Rocket One Hundred and Eleven untill the start of this thread. I thought they were Rocket IIIs or some such shit...... :motu:

They are called rocket 3s. Someone just thought the III was 111.

TriumphMan
14th July 2005, 11:02
noobish question time!

what is a rocket 3? :D

It's the world's biggest capacity production bike. 2.3 litres. Built by Triumph in the UK

Big Dave
14th July 2005, 11:33

Hitcher had his 'knickers in a twist' about it being designated 111 in Kiwi Rider.
I typed it originally so - put it down to 'philosophical differences'.

oldrider
14th July 2005, 22:14
Checked my sporen, it was wet. Went outside, it wasn't raining. :no:
The only substitute for size and power is an empty bank acct. :yes: :puke:

Bonez
15th July 2005, 16:40
Hitcher had his 'knickers in a twist' about it being designated 111 in Kiwi Rider.
I typed it originally so - put it down to 'philosophical differences'.You mean the writer of the article faaack it up?

Big Dave
15th July 2005, 19:30
You mean the writer of the article faaack it up?

perhaps - Roman or Arabic. I still do either.

skidz
15th July 2005, 23:33
Iv'e heard a few people have come close to needing that 111 including Mike Nash.( or was that Mike Crash) Sorry Mike!

Big Dave
16th July 2005, 00:08
Iv'e heard a few people have come close to needing that 111 including Mike Nash.( or was that Mike Crash) Sorry Mike!

Poor ol' nash really beat himself up over that incident. Last time we spoke i told him to get over it - if you are testing bikes you have to push the limits I reckon - i've 'parked' a few myself - comes with the territory.

Bonez
17th July 2005, 07:54
Poor ol' nash really beat himself up over that incident. Last time we spoke i told him to get over it - if you are testing bikes you have to push the limits I reckon Didn't the peg get broken off going around a round-about or such like?

Big Dave
17th July 2005, 13:16
Didn't the peg get broken off going around a round-about or such like?

Nah - that's not what happened to Mike.
But I have read a few reports of Rockets breaking off footpegs. The AMPS demo has them adjusted at an angle where they fold up rather than break.
apparently this hasn't been the case with all of them, and it is pretty easy to dig them in.

I found frame once or twice when really hammering it too. There is a lug that is meant to touch down - it hits significantly further over than on a FLHT or similar, but a Road King rider would be familair with the occassional sidways lurch as the back wheel lifts off the ground - triangulated by the frame on the deck. No dramas, gives you a fright the first time it happens - mostly the noise - and you just have to slow down slightly.
With the speeds the thing can reach between the corners it's probably just as well.

skidz
19th July 2005, 12:53
Yup, you're right about that with the roadking, but you don't want to ease off or you get into more trouble.You just have to hang on and go for the ride.