PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run - bravery award

jaffaonajappa
27th May 2011, 22:30
the guy on the GSXR750 - at 0.59 - 1.03 or thereabouts.
Deserved a medal I reckon.
Wonder if he stopped for a couple of quiet beers with the rest of em after the run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oSHV9BwPZg&feature=related

White trash
28th May 2011, 07:41
the guy on the GSXR750 - at 0.59 - 1.03 or thereabouts.
Deserved a medal I reckon.
Wonder if he stopped for a couple of quiet beers with the rest of em after the run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oSHV9BwPZg&feature=related

If it's anything like other Poker Runs, in most cases it's to raise funds and riders of anybikes are welcome.

I recruited a team of about 12 non Harleys to attend the Wellington HOG chapter annual poker run back in 2005, at the suggestion of the chapter commitee. Pretty sure the KBers that attended will agree it was fookin MINT.

Flip
28th May 2011, 07:50
I'm sure he was just bringing some thing to start a big BBQ with.

jaffaonajappa
28th May 2011, 07:54
If it's anything like other Poker Runs, in most cases it's to raise funds and riders of anybikes are welcome.

I recruited a team of about 12 non Harleys to attend the Wellington HOG chapter annual poker run back in 2005, at the suggestion of the chapter commitee. Pretty sure the KBers that attended will agree it was fookin MINT.

You'd hope so - but Ive heard that them Hells Angels types in California might sometimes take things a bit differently than us kiwis in NZ usually do.

jaffaonajappa
28th May 2011, 07:55
I'm sure he was just bringing some thing to start a big BBQ with.

Stolen, and about to be donated via contribution to the BBQ. /Agreed

Maha
28th May 2011, 07:56
You'd hope so - but Ive heard that them Hells Angels types in California might sometimes take things a bit differently than us kiwis in NZ usually do.

They would have arsed raped Gixxer Boy at the pending party...:yes:

Paul in NZ
28th May 2011, 07:57

Yeah - it was a good day but bloody cold. That canadian guy turned blue and i was late cos we dropped home to get him some warm clothes...

ac3_snow
28th May 2011, 08:02
They would have arsed raped Gixxer Boy at the pending party...:yes:

I counted 5 sports bikes, what appeared to be a yamaha R1, the gsxr I think two ZXR's and a something else, also spotted what looked like a BMW with the twin cylinders/foot warmers out each side, and another upright tourer thingee.
Maybe the angels where on their best behavior that day :innocent:

SHHHITloads of bikes tho!!

unstuck
28th May 2011, 08:10
I guess they mean it.:yes:

jaffaonajappa
28th May 2011, 08:13
Ok, someone downrated me, so made me wonder 'whats up'. I then looked at my post and all these comments a bit differently.

A bikers forum. My post may insinuate Jappas are not welcome in NZ on bikers runs.
Ive helped organise a couple of Poker Runs before - for a reasonably well known group. The ads clearly state 'all bikes welcome'. In NZ, any charity run nearly always makes this quite clear.

In NZ - theres no problem with this (You new guys, dont think you cannot attend a run on your jappa just cos its arranged by some hairy arsed (or dumb arsed) bike group.)

But. Thought it would be a different story when its a 600 bike Hells Angels run in Marin County, california, that is all.

Lurch
28th May 2011, 08:21
Most of the people in that run looked like they we're just the typical joe kind of riders, none looked like they were obviously gang affiliated.

The only bravery there was riding with such a large group of Americans on Harleys.

Deano
28th May 2011, 08:37

apart from being held up over piecock by a few wobblers, it was mint !

White trash
28th May 2011, 08:40
Yeah - it was a good day but bloody cold. That canadian guy turned blue and i was late cos we dropped home to get him some warm clothes...

That's right. The tool came all the way down from Tauranga with no gloves :facepalm:

Big Dave
28th May 2011, 08:45
I've got a medal for bravery. You have to do more than be a dufus on a sprotsbike. :-)

nsrpaul
28th May 2011, 10:49
gsxr!!

when i was young and dumb enough to go riding with gang members, it was on a nsr250

apparently they frown on you overtaking the lead bike

nsrs are great bikes by the way, wsay better than harleys

jaffaonajappa
28th May 2011, 17:10
I've got a medal for bravery.

you do?
Details mate.....tell me more.

jaffaonajappa
28th May 2011, 17:11
gsxr!!

riding with gang members, it was on a nsr250

apparently they frown on you overtaking the lead bike

they werent frowning, they were crying and jealous.,.....honest. :P:shit:

Big Dave
28th May 2011, 17:19
you do?
Details mate.....tell me more.

Repost of a repost - but what the hey
http://web.me.com/david_cohen_design/DCD_Podcasts/Collection_Index/Entries/2011/3/23_One_Christmas_Eve.html

unstuck
28th May 2011, 17:29
Repost of a repost - but what the hey
http://web.me.com/david_cohen_design/DCD_Podcasts/Collection_Index/Entries/2011/3/23_One_Christmas_Eve.html
Good on ya bloke, nearly farkin :crybaby::yes: reading that.Wear with pride i say.

jaffaonajappa
28th May 2011, 17:42
Good on ya bloke, nearly farkin :crybaby::yes: reading that.Wear with pride i say.

Ditto. Wear it often - youve earned it!! (Which is more than many medal wearers can say).

Ender EnZed
28th May 2011, 18:37
Ok, someone downrated me

Would you like a tissue?

jaffaonajappa
28th May 2011, 21:30
Would you like a tissue?

Nope. If I wanted a tissue, Id have asked your...

Old Steve
29th May 2011, 20:24
Cool Big Dave. I don't know many other real heros.