PDA

View Full Version : Going where you look

sAsLEX
30th June 2005, 20:40
http://www.superbike.co.uk/images/for_web/downloads/video_thumbs/16_7_4/UpOnOne_Gixxer_750_Crash.wmv

have a look there for a good example of the bike following the head, its a helemt cam vid of a dude falling in front of the camera man but he looks at the clear road next to him until it is safe to look at his mate on the deck.

Pwalo
1st July 2005, 09:20
http://www.superbike.co.uk/images/for_web/downloads/video_thumbs/16_7_4/UpOnOne_Gixxer_750_Crash.wmv

have a look there for a good example of the bike following the head, its a helemt cam vid of a dude falling in front of the camera man but he looks at the clear road next to him until it is safe to look at his mate on the deck.

Scary, but a good lesson. You go where you look. Remember teaching your kids to throw a ball?

TonyB
1st July 2005, 09:29
OW! painfull for the body and the wallet me thinks. Did you notice that he initially looks at his mate and nearly follows him into the grass?
Also, does the fallers helmet come off?

bugjuice
1st July 2005, 09:37
just me, or can no one get the link working?
found more good vids tho

XP@
1st July 2005, 09:43
He did a good job missing him!
not easy when you have bikes and bods flying all over the road.

TonyB
1st July 2005, 09:44
Atually, now that I've watched it a couple more times, I reckon thats a brilliant vid you've found there sAsLEX. The dude in front has obviously freaked out, thought he couldn't make the corner, panicked and then target fixated on where he didn't want to go. The end result is that he ends up going exactly what he DIDN'T want to go. You can actually see the moment where he looks at the edge of the road- the bike stands up.

It looks bloody stupid on the video, but shit, we've all done this. Maybe it hasn't resulted in a crash like this one, but we've all had a sphinkter pucker at least once. Just goes to show you have to fight your panic and force yourself to take action, look for a way out and just make it happen.