PDA

View Full Version : $1500 for a fuel pump, yeah right

98tls
1st June 2011, 16:32
Made the mistake of asking the price of a new fuel pump for a TLS down at our local Suzuki dealer,the reply from Suzuki shocked the dealer as much as me.$1500 for a bloody fuel pump,be interested to see what they are for a late model GSXR etc as there way smaller etc,How on earth can they come up with a price so absurd.:facepalm:

imdying
1st June 2011, 16:35
That's a biggy!

Been buying a heap of little bits in pieces for one of my Suzukis from the local dealer. The bits are reasonably priced and surprisingly, given it's a JDM bike, available ex New Zealand. Given that, they have been getting my business.

ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING BLUE WING HONDA YOU PACK OF RAPISTS??!?!?

98tls
1st June 2011, 16:36
Interestingly enough a bloke in Aus got one to fit from a Suzuki swift using oem plate and filter,cost him $100.:yes:May well go that way if i cant find a decent second hand TL one.

jaffaonajappa
1st June 2011, 16:38
Ohhhh damn.
I can hear them conspiracy zealots approaching....

Sable
1st June 2011, 16:44
At Servicehonda.com it's 570US, if that helps.

SMOKEU
1st June 2011, 17:03
Honda wanted to charge me around $400 for a fuel pump for my bike. I went down to the local Mini parts shop and bought a Mini fuel pump for around $140. It works perfectly fine and I haven't had a problem with it since.

Blackshear
1st June 2011, 18:02
You might find the campervan mod on tlzone to be of somewhat relevance.
$1500 for a pump, suck my dick you cock-mangling faggots. :shutup:

tigertim20
1st June 2011, 20:30
Interestingly enough a bloke in Aus got one to fit from a Suzuki swift using oem plate and filter,cost him $100.:yes:May well go that way if i cant find a decent second hand TL one.

do you get a reacharound while they fuck you in the ass?
shit thats absurd.
Go with the alternative, if its proven to work, fuck the cunts at Honda!!

FJRider
1st June 2011, 20:34
$1500 for a pump, suck my dick you cock-mangling faggots. :shutup:

THAT's almost honda talk ... :facepalm:

awa355
1st June 2011, 20:40
Get on line and try the Aussie dealers. I did that for my Honda parts, found them less than half the NZ prices, even with the exchange rate and freight.

DEATH_INC.
1st June 2011, 20:43
Made the mistake of asking the price of a new fuel pump for a TLS down at our local Suzuki dealer,the reply from Suzuki shocked the dealer as much as me.$1500 for a bloody fuel pump,be interested to see what they are for a late model GSXR etc as there way smaller etc,How on earth can they come up with a price so absurd.:facepalm:
You reckon it's the same as an injected SRAD GSXR one? I have one kicking about if it is.....
Or drop Ian @ prospeed an e-mail, he's been good with the stuff I've got from him. (link to his site down in my sig)
Or ya could just stick a Walbro in there...

Gremlin
1st June 2011, 21:20
I don't feel like asking BMW how much their one costs :shit:

Did you tell them you didn't want the reacharound included? They're surely tugging on something...

Blackshear
1st June 2011, 21:43
THAT's almost honda talk ... :facepalm:

Funny, seeing as I was hinting they should actually give me a pump for $1500.

A closet Honda, maybe.
:drinkup:

FJRider
1st June 2011, 21:53
I don't feel like asking BMW how much their one costs :shit:

My "old" FJ 's fuel pump is independant from the motor ...

no gaskets ...

no worries ...

NO $1500 costs of REPLACEMENT ... :killingme

98tls
1st June 2011, 21:57

no gaskets ...

no worries ...

NO $1500 costs of REPLACEMENT ... :killingme

So is the TLs Sherlock.:facepalm:

FJRider
1st June 2011, 22:00
So is the TLs Sherlock.:facepalm:

I'll sell my good spare fuel pump then ... $ 1200 ...and it's YOUR's .... :yes:

98tls
1st June 2011, 22:01
I'll sell my good spare fuel pump then ... and it's YOUR's .... :yes:

Mate you would sell your girlfriend,no problem with that its the fact that shes also your sister that causes me concern.:blink:Not to mention i would have to crutch/drench her evey year.

FJRider
1st June 2011, 22:05
Mate you would sell your girlfriend,no problem with that its the fact that shes also your sister that causes me concern.:blink:Not to mention i would have to crutch her evey year.

Can't pull the wool over YOU're eyes ... eh ...

Women with crutches your thing ... ???

So ... thats a NO then ... :lol:

98tls
1st June 2011, 22:10
Women with crutches your thing ... ???

Heaven forbid.:shit:Thats the great thing about Evolution,its clever enough to have retained the mouth.

FJRider
1st June 2011, 22:16
Heaven forbid.:shit:Thats the great thing about Evolution,its clever enough to have retained the mouth.

OK ... special price just for YOU ... $1000 for MY spare fuel pump ... save you $500 bucks ... :whocares:

imdying
2nd June 2011, 10:02

no gaskets ...

no worries ...

NO $1500 costs of REPLACEMENT ... :killingmeTrue... and with your out of tank pump you also get...

No handling

No weight savings

No desirability

If the alternative to expensive pumps is a big old piece of shite to ride, I'll just pay the $1500 thanks.

DEATH_INC.
2nd June 2011, 13:53
OK ... special price just for YOU ... $1000 for MY spare fuel pump ... save you $500 bucks ... :whocares:
I'd love to see the injection run on 3psi......prolly save heaps on gas tho...

Pussy
2nd June 2011, 17:30
US$773.55 plus freight plus GST from Alpha-Sports in the States.

merv
2nd June 2011, 18:03
Yeah so what have Repco got that would do the job? It only has to pump fuel.

Clivoris
2nd June 2011, 20:25
Whaark man. You can get a whole TL for just over twice that. The Apocalypse is surely coming for this is a sign of the end times.:innocent:

pete376403
2nd June 2011, 21:35
What fails with these pumps? Do they do anything special that regular FI pumps don't?
I've dismantled and repaired the pump from a Mazda MX5, nothing too special about that.

Goblin
2nd June 2011, 22:56
That's as bad as MV :gob: Better check it's not just a dirty connection eh?

MarkH
3rd June 2011, 00:42
US$773.55 plus freight plus GST from Alpha-Sports in the States.

What a rip-off, you can get one for US$547.94 from PartShark.com

$1500 in NZ - I wouldn't pay over $500 more than I could get one from the US for, fuck that shit!
Even ~US$550 seems like a lot of money for a fuel pump though.

vifferman
3rd June 2011, 20:54
I can't remember the cost, but I know someone who replaced a VFR800 in-tank fuel pump with something from their local autoparts store that was approximately the same size (same inlet/outlet sizes) for a mere fraction of approximately the same price.

jazfender
3rd June 2011, 21:07
Didn't realise Apple were making fuel pumps.

Latest tech though: pumps fuel.

Toaster
3rd June 2011, 21:11

Every bloody company in NZ seems to be in the mode of price-raping us.

So much for competitive pricing, expecially compared to prices overseas.

I was told today a Transmission costs about $2k for a rideon if it shits itself,

....geez, you can pick up trannies on K road for a lot less..... apparently....:sick:

ducatilover
4th June 2011, 09:02
I'd love to see the injection run on 3psi......prolly save heaps on gas tho...
My thoughts exactly :facepalm:

Can you not run an after-market in-line pump with a decent FPR? I don't see any reason why you can't.... Would cost you F-all. The pressure at the injectors is dictated by the FPR, so why not get a sexy bling beast in there? It'll add at least 2 inches.

Woodman
4th June 2011, 09:58
Surely any external high pressure efi car fuel pump will do if you can get one the right size. Go down to Repco and ask to look through their catalogue.

Brett
4th June 2011, 11:32
For $1500 I would want a it to do a shitload more than pump fuel. When will bike part importers/distributors stop molesting us? And they wander why there is little local support and buyers parallel import.

DEATH_INC.
4th June 2011, 12:57
I've just recently purchased a NEW Walbro 694 from the us @ $110US and 20 bux freight. 190 lph....would be more than sufficient.