PDA

View Full Version : Plastic fantastic woes

superman
3rd June 2011, 12:40
So I was pootling along last week on my way to a $200 bar tab in the city (courtesy of my friends and I knowledge at the university pub quiz) when cars behind me begin to toot, flash their lights, etc.

I pull over, expecting maybe a puncture, or blinker that wouldn't stop.

Instead I see that the entire license plate bracket had snapped off and was hanging by the number-plate light cable. Taking some care in trying to figure out a way to ride it to the nearest bike-shop managed to hang the plate/rego/wof/platelight around a hook next to my cowl and proceeded to ride to Botany Honda :facepalm:

FUCKING CHEAP ASS TAIL TIDY! Let it be known I did not put on this tail tidy myself and that it was with the bike when I bought her 7 months ago.

Least she's all fixed now, over $200 later. Because some fucking prick didn't use the proper shit and did a cheap ass job at installing it only 2 years ago when the bike was born! :shutup:

So lesson is... people are stupid douche-bags that will cut corners even on their own new vehicles!

wanpo
3rd June 2011, 12:50
Your lesson learned should be always to carry zip ties and duct-tape with you wherever you go.

Eyegasm
3rd June 2011, 13:51
Your lesson learned should be always to carry zip ties and duct-tape with you wherever you go.

+1

Zip ties saved a Triumph T-bird after its throttle decided to fail.

White trash
3rd June 2011, 13:52
You wanna see the half arsed job I'm in the middle of, scuff proofing an MX bike. It'd look better scratched and broken but there ya go............